The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Team Green, Purple, and Orange - Fact or Fiction?

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I hear a lot of bullcrap in zone chat saying that AD and DC team up to take on EP. Sometimes by the way the two fight, it seems that way. I'm hoping that some AD and DC will be able to either comfirm or dispell these claims.
As for those who think there's either a Team Orange or Purple a lot, often there is not. EP has enough salt in it that they would probably fight each other if they could.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a three way battle.

Sure there are some folks who have hatred for a particular faction more than others, but it really is convenience and smart if you are getting steam rolled to work with the other faction.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all.

That being said, there are plenty of people who roll alts in the other faction specifically for trolling or for cheating, but what are you gonna do.

The problem is there is little faction allegiance in the game, so people just jump on whatever toon is winning at the time
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a three way battle, but that doesn't seem to have the desired effect. That effect being that once one side gets the upper hand it will become the priority target of both other factions and they will leave eachother in relative peace.

However, short term individual AP gains take precedence over strategic objectives for a great many players.

That's why quite often when faction A is dominating and its priority target at that moment is a faction B, faction C will swoop in like vultures and attack the beleaguered faction B also. Perhaps try nick a scroll while they're on the back foot. All comes down to poor campaign design.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I tell people all the time:

It is not Team Whatever if you are in first place.
    It is not Team Whatever if you have emp.
    It is not Team Whatever when the other alliances are attacking their own home keeps.
    It is not Team Whatever if you have all of one faction's scrolls.

And there are other logical reasons why your faction might get more of the other factions' attentions. Yes there are situations where some groups are just stupid, but every faction has idiots (Yes EP potatoes, I'm talking about you who go to Aleswell when we don't have BRK or any reason to actually be attacking DC).
    Edited by Astanphaeus on June 29, 2016 9:48PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team Green, Purple, and Orange - Fact or Fiction?

I've been in groups that were made up of players from all 3 alliances.

That would be what, Team Rainbow?
    biggrin.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 29, 2016 5:49PM
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've definitely worked with guilds from other factions to accomplish certain goals. Dethroning a particularly hard hitting emp is the most common reason. Otherwise, it's just a three way war. We are all fighting on 2 fronts so it may feel like other factions are ganging up on you.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on June 29, 2016 5:59PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been really wondering the whole teaming-up BS (in most of EP's mind) with DC and AD in Trueflame as of recent. It seems the 2 really like to hit EP when either one is taking the other's home keeps. I can understand a little salt, but you should really worry about home keeps before others. I.e. AD has Ash, but yet DC is more focused on keeping Chalman than taking back a home keep. The logic isn't really there...
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on June 29, 2016 6:13PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the whole "Enemy of my Enemy is my friend". On the right flank your fighting blueberries all the while getting attacked from behind by strawberries. Once they've killed you, they go at each other.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PERCEPTION IS A TERRIBLE THING.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fiction.

There will never be team green, purple or orange. Sometimes it appears that way but its just an illusion.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact just depends on the campaign when it comes to whose fighting who but its almost undeniable
    Edited by RebornV3x on June 29, 2016 7:27PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly nonsense. I laugh when I am in a campaign where we virtually own the entire map and people start throwing out "X and Y" realms are teaming up on us! I am guessing that at any time you could log into one of the realms in PvP and they will be claiming the other two sides are teaming up on them.

Personally I would never allow players to enter Cyrodil with different factions even in separate campaigns as it would stop some of the silly crap that goes on but I am a little more old school DAOC
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the green/orange/purple alliance.... the way most campaigns play out i sometimes doubt there are even yellow/red/blue alliances (the salty in-fighting!)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross faction cooperation definitely isn't a myth, and who's helping who depends on what system/campaign you're in.
    But, it's usually small instances and short lived from what I've seen, because there are a lot of players and not everyone knows who NOT to hit.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teams Orange, Green, and Purple are all facts, but they are not hard alliances or anything of the sort. They are temporary, and more often accidental than intentional, though there's a fair share of willing cooperation here and there. And by "temporary" I mean lasting anywhere from a few minutes to take a keep to a few hours to punish nightcapping. Since every faction has done nightcapping at some point and since every faction has held emp at some point, it is of course natural that all these different color-combination-truces have occurred and will continue to occur.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • TooskSG
    TooskSG
    ✭✭✭
    Ales> Chal lane always has and always will have more traffic than the Ales>Roe lane. Been that way since Wabba 1, judging by the frequency of crossed swords one can easily see on map
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does happen but it is a product of large PVP guilds coordinating not a faction wide conspiracy. When the 50 most well known players on one side decide to team up with 50 of the most well known players to take out a problem guild from the third it makes it look like there is a big green, orange or purple alliance.

• dashima
    dashima
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been really wondering the whole teaming-up BS (in most of EP's mind) with DC and AD in Trueflame as of recent. It seems the 2 really like to hit EP when either one is taking the other's home keeps. I can understand a little salt, but you should really worry about home keeps before others. I.e. AD has Ash, but yet DC is more focused on keeping Chalman than taking back a home keep. The logic isn't really there...

Chal is a DC home keep.

Even if AD has Ash and is tickling at Glade, doesn't matter. Chalamo aggro 2 strong.
    Edited by dashima on June 30, 2016 12:34AM
    Venatus | Hagnado

AD | Revân Stamina Nightblade AR35 scrub
    AD | Rëvan Stamina Sorcerer fotm
    DC | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    tfw too lazy to grind
    AD | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    AD | Run I Triggered Them Magicka Templar
    DC | Inner Postern Wall Stamina Templar
    DC | Kaivalanth Magicka Nightblade
    DC | Rëvân Stamina Nightblade
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been instances in the past where I've coordinated with other factions -- each time in blue-buff Chillrend or pre-zerg Haderus -- but those alliances are temporary, and tenuous, and it's very hard to pull off without one side feeling screwed at the end; I mean, only one of us is going to wind up with the keep after we dethrone.

What's much more common, and what makes the "coincidences" a lot less uncanny, is that most successful map-oriented group leads are thinking a couple steps ahead, and taking a couple different factors into account. If I see a heavy blue siege on a red keep, or a heavy red siege on a blue keep, I'll consider how opening another front on one side or the other might play out, or if we'd benefit from one of our enemies gaining a little extra ground. Blue successfully pushing eastward could prevent Red from tying our forces up at Alessia for another hour, etc.

And in deciding your move, you're not just thinking about what's going to happen when you get to the keep, you're thinking about what it will force the enemy to do afterward; you're thinking about whether or not you want someone to push on you (sometimes you do), and you're considering the advantages of splitting up a large, consolidated mass. You're weighing out how far you can get with a scroll before you get swarmed. You're looking for spots between a flagged keep and an unflagged one to spice things up and fight in terrain you don't get to use all that often.

Bottom line: you don't necessarily need to coordinate with the enemy faction to use their decisions to your advantage. Everyone has access to a map. Group leads look at it constantly, and they might use an addon that displays which keeps are flagged in their UI. You make quick decisions to take advantage of opportunities, and you try to predict your enemy's moves. It's not something you come out of the womb with, but it's not something you need contact with an enemy to figure out.

It'll seem a little off-topic at first, since it doesn't involve a third party, but I'll close with something I saw in an opponent's video a little while back. It's an example of seemingly uncanny coincidences. We had been fighting these guys at Drakelowe, great fights, the string of skirmishes lasted for a while. After some time passes, they take off to siege Sej (and do a dolmen on the way). We show up right as they get into Sejanus, take them by surprise, and maintain control of the outpost.

They express some concern over this -- did someone in their group spy for us, are we watching the stream, that kind of thing -- but the reality is pretty simple. Their groups left the keep, and we noticed that they left the keep. We thought for a moment about where they'd headed off to, and Sejanus was the most viable tactical choice. Halfway there, I check the map and Sej is lit up. Voila! Nine times out of ten, it's a matter of anticipating your enemy's movements, whether it's guessing what they're doing right now, or guessing what they'll do in response to something else. It's tricky, and it can be risky, but it's still a little easier than collaborating with another faction.

P.S. AD zone chat thinks that our enemies team up all the time too.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    at different points during the day, depending on who is playing and which guilds are running, it feels like theres Orange is on a lot

but generally speaking, Green and Purple are just as much

theres people with all 3 alliances that constantly switch

literally saw people play on DC side, get to Ash, switch to AD, and defend it

that kind of crap needs to stop
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn team orange
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can concur that there's no Team Orange. EP has sooo much salt towards AD that a little alliance would never happen. My fellow EP say so much BS about em in zone chat. Like no wonder AD and DC pick on us, ya damn cherries.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not Team Whatever when the other alliances are attacking their own home keeps.

And there are other logical reasons why your faction might get more of the other factions' attentions. Yes there are situations where some groups are just stupid, but every faction has idiots (Yes EP potatoes, I'm talking about you who go to Aleswell when we don't have BRK or any reason to actually be attacking DC).

^^This is correct, but the "idiots" mentioned are far too abundant.^^

I have gone so far to only gank the faction that is PvE'ing the map everyday. No, I don't line up siege next to an enemy and help, but yes, I will target the faction that is destroying the campaign.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The bottom part is why I gotta scream at people that BRK and Drake are home keeps.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dashima wrote: »
    Chal is a DC home keep.

Even if AD has Ash and is tickling at Glade, doesn't matter. Chalamo aggro 2 strong.

No, Chalman is a home keep for EP, as well as BRK. DC gets Aleswell and Ash, while AD get Alessia and Roebeck.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chal is a DC home keep.

No, Chalman is a home keep for EP, as well as BRK. DC gets Aleswell and Ash, while AD get Alessia and Roebeck.

The bigger mystery is why doesn't Ad ever cap brk and "tickle" at Arrius???? Even when they're in last and Ep is winning, AD always goes for Ash and Glade.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Chal is a DC home keep.

The bigger mystery is why doesn't Ad ever cap brk and "tickle" at Arrius???? Even when they're in last and Ep is winning, AD always goes for Ash and Glade.

And the answer is you are blind if you think they don't.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chal is a DC home keep.

If anything, AD hates EP much more than DC.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On what campaign?
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chal is a DC home keep.

We fended off a massive 2+ raid AD assault on sej last night and got a 10k tick after around 30-45 minutes of back forth in and around the outpost. There are certainly AD down pushing EP on a regular basis.

At the same time we had around a raid of Blood of Daggerfall hitting Chalman again, which unfortunately could not be saved and had to be retaken after AD was pushed off of Sej and the large majority of EP tied up there could move north.

So far in this new campaign I have yet to see any factions gang up to take out one. All factions seem to fighting each other fairly equally.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Pr0jektile
    Pr0jektile
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's too much weight to it. I find myself cursing 'team green' all the time when I get rolled by what I perceive to be a blueberry-banana smoothie.

There's a natural dynamic to a three-way war:

As one faction gains an edge, the other two factions will typically focus more heavily on the leading faction. This isn't teaming up. Each faction has an individual interest in not letting another faction get too far ahead. The objective is to slow down the momentum of the leader so that they have a chance to catch up and overtake.

Example:

DC pulls ahead early in the campaign. EP and AD will both Focus on DC naturally, so that DC's lead does not become too strong as to make an EP or AD victory. If DC pulls too far ahead, it will be impossible for another faction to take the lead.

From here it becomes a game of cherry-picking and opportunistic strategy. I'll often wait for AD to all but capture Rayles. Let them do all the siege work, clear most of the blues out of the way, and blitz in through the breaches and wipe the yellow to effectively 'steal' the capture. It's a *** move, but hey. You see, as soon as the biggest threat is neutralized, the two trailing factions are right back at each others' throats.

In this scenario, DC wants its keep back, and AD is a little miffed that we capitalized on all their hard work. There's a good chance team green will be knocking down the walls within minutes.

I know that when I'm on my Nightblade, I frequently try to shift the balance of fights betweeen AD and DC. If I find a spot where one side is clearly out-playing the other, I'll try to tip the scales in favor of the losing side, just for funzees, regardless of who is leading the campaign. The downside, of course, is if I get noticed. Both teams tend to end my little game without hesitation.

I will say, on the XBOX NA Server, EP seems to be lacking any real organization or skill. Every campaign I visit seems to always have Red at a loss. While I enjoy fighting for the under-dog, I do find myself frustrated with keep repair kits at the end of every campaign...
    It is not your ability, so much as your willingness to do what is right that will set you apart from the rest.