The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is eso plus really worth it from a time perspective?

crisscrash1
crisscrash1
Soul Shriven
I've bought a 60 day card and I have like 15 days left. The only reason I bought it was because of the Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade. I didn't have any time to play it because of school. I am going to buy another card for the summer, since I'll have time now, but for the rest of the year outside of summer is it really worth it?

Best Answer

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Craft Bags OP

ESO Plus Costume dying is going to be Super Awesome

All access to the DLCs OP

Oh yeah and the crowns you get with your ESO Plus.

All of the above IMO is highly worth it if you are interested in ESO. If you are going to get ESO Plus then just get the 6 month plan it's beyond worth it. I think it's $77.99 and ZOS will give you 9000 crowns on top, to spend on whatever you want on the crown store. Including DLCs. But again Craft Bags OP, so why not sub if you enjoy the game and can afford it.
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not worth it if you want it for access to one single dlc
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly for me it's worth it just for the crafting bag.
  • Vyshan
    Vyshan
    ✭✭✭
    $15 for 24/7 access to a game is so hard to come by for some people.

Yet they'll go and spend $30 to watch a new movie release that entertains them for 1.5 hours.
  • crisscrash1
    crisscrash1
    Soul Shriven
    Vyshan wrote: »

Yet they'll go and spend $30 to watch a new movie release that entertains them for 1.5 hours.

Well I've played more than 1.5 hours with a subscription. And the crowns are nice. And the pouch, extra xp and gold. You're right. I'll buy another card.
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    The crowns and the crafting bags are reason enough to sub IMO. I would skip the card and just get the 6 month sub though.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought a 60 day card and I have like 15 days left. The only reason I bought it was because of the Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade. I didn't have any time to play it because of school. I am going to buy another card for the summer, since I'll have time now, but for the rest of the year outside of summer is it really worth it?

If you're not going to have time to play it, don't bother with the subscription.
    The game doesn't require the subscription to play, so just play it without and buy the DLC you wants as time and money allow.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • BLaaR
    BLaaR
    Soul Shriven

Well I've played more than 1.5 hours with a subscription. And the crowns are nice. And the pouch, extra xp and gold. You're right. I'll buy another card.

^^^.........played about 50hours without ESO+ and managing inventory was a nightmare. I spent so much time traveling to sell / dismantle that it distracted from actual questing.

Bought a time card for 60 days and it is so much better now, you can basically pick up everything knowing you can craft / brew / cook etc later on.

The extra crowns was also nice and decided to buy the first DLC with it.

Think after the 60 days I will renew for sure.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You already have access to the game 24/7 without paying $15.

Also, it will cost a lot more than $30 to play ESO in a theater. Get Netflix and you can watch TV/Movies 24/7 for $10 a month AT HOME. You can spend all month watching movies and TV shows you haven't seen yet instead of repeating the same content over and over in ESO.

$30 is also high for a movie. IMAX here in Boston is only $20 a person. Where are you getting your numbers?

Arguments about what someone "can" pay also ring hollow. I can afford to pay $500 a month to play a game. Why would I pay that? Just because I can afford to doesn't mean I should throw my money at everything that entertains me.

If someone wants to get the sub, get the sub. If they aren't already playing a lot, why would they even consider subbing? There is no point in subbing until you want something you don't have that you can get with the sub.
  • rrico_76
    rrico_76
    I decided that if i realy want this content, the better option is to buy dlc instead. Play whenever U want or not, no pressure, no time limits etc. But... I have no crowns and crafting bag, and it's still playable.
  • xxEi8htyFou4xx
    xxEi8htyFou4xx
    Soul Shriven
    I think it's completely worth it STRICTLY for the crafting bag. Everything else is a plus, for sure. I love seeing the comments about "people with deep pockets" that can afford a whopping $15 a month. Yet, these same people don't actually sit and look at how much they spend on movies/eating out per week. Don't go eat out ONE time in a month--- sub payed. Taadaa.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are playing the game regulary and sticking with it, then buy eso plus.
    If you dont play that much and not sure if you want to play it in the future, then dont.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's completely worth it STRICTLY for the crafting bag. Everything else is a plus, for sure.

I never subscribed until the crafting bag was released. I subbed at the start of June and I LOVED the crafting bag. It greatly simplified my inventory management.

But at the beginning of July when my sub renewed, I got bitten by the common bug that caused my ESO+ perks to vanish in game (including the crafting bag). Submitted a help request, got referred to Xbox Support, spent 45 minutes troubleshooting with them, finally got my sub cancelled. I'm currently playing without a sub and now I have to shuffle inventory between characters like I used to. I'm on the fence about re-subbing; I really like the ESO+ perks, but I hate the thought of jumping through hoops every month just to renew the subscription. I constantly read of folks having problems with their subs, or folks not getting their ESO+ crowns. I just wish the responsible party (whether it's ZOS or MS) would fix the broken subscription problems.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Zevlin
    Zevlin
    Hello, new to ESO, but loved the RPG's.

Having played MMO's since 1999, I have seen the monitization move from Subscriptions to F2P. Since then I only have time to play one MMO at a time, I prefer the ESO+ with the 1500 crowns. I would not have purchased the game with out ESO+.

I played games that I paid monthly for, I they went F2P and I stopped playing because the experience changed.

In-game stores can lead to bad game development as the business people drive the product for maximums profits. I like paying $15 a month to support the game. Since they give me 1500 crowns it works for me.

I think in game store breaks immersion as well, but I have to overlook it in this day and age.
  • Leucius
    Leucius
    Personally, it costs the same to buy crowns as it does to sub, if you buy $15 worth of crowns. So for me, it's worth it. I only play one mmo, and this is it. I'm by no means rich, but $15 for entertainment a month is a fair price for me.

The crafting bag is a nice plus and really seals the deal. If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't sub unless I needed more crowns.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Zevlin wrote: »
    Hello, new to ESO, but loved the RPG's.

Having played MMO's since 1999, I have seen the monitization move from Subscriptions to F2P. Since then I only have time to play one MMO at a time, I prefer the ESO+ with the 1500 crowns. I would not have purchased the game with out ESO+.

I played games that I paid monthly for, I they went F2P and I stopped playing because the experience changed.

In-game stores can lead to bad game development as the business people drive the product for maximums profits. I like paying $15 a month to support the game. Since they give me 1500 crowns it works for me.

I think in game store breaks immersion as well, but I have to overlook it in this day and age.

+1 to this. I could not stand just how in the way the store in LOTRO was for me. I didn't want to have to research the store items to see what is a good deal and this and that. It was too much.

At least here, it's more basic and really the crown store icon is only seen when you hit alt.

So as long as this continues, I will keep my sub active.