The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3 Factions-3Competitive Cycle Wins-2.5years-1Guild

x99Needles
x99Needles
✭✭✭
This will be my final post on these forums, and while I believe humility is the best practice; I am also incredibly proud of the achievements this guild has reached.

Vehemence, “VE” was created 2 and a half years ago on the Pact as a newly born Organized PvP Guild. When I created the guild I had zero experience as a guild lead, a raid lead, or anything at all resembling large scale PvP experience. But I knew what I wanted to do, and I had a few friends willing to try it out with me.
There has never been a ranking system, a real leader board, stat tracker, or any semblance of a way to take pride in your achievements. The popularity and pride established in this community takes after a terrible high school somewhere we all grew up a long time ago. That being said, what I am about to state is by no means a fact in any representation or interpretation.

Vehemence was the Best Guild to play this game.

That is my feeling on the matter, and you are welcome to disagree or challenge me on that. I’m positive there are many who have other options that come to mind, especially those that played before our time. But if we get into that argument we will do nothing but look like a bunch of old men arguing about whether the 1970’s team was better than the 2010 team. From the time that we have been active, from the moment we started to come together as a team that got together every night; I firmly believe we were the top guild in the game. That is, for the way that the game was intended to be played, from the start.

This game was created for the intent of large scale AvA PvP. We all know it has never performed in the most desirable manner. That fault does not lie with the people who came to this game to play as it was advertised. You can tell me that I “zerg”, you can tell me I don’t have the best 1v1ers or small scale PvP players in the game. And you would be damn right. I don’t. Not even close. But I didn’t create a guild to 1v1. I didn’t gather only the most elite people in my own perspective. I didn’t start with the elitist mindset that only a select few could be privileged enough to play with me.

I gathered friends. I built a community of people that enjoyed playing together on a nightly basis and that were able to come together better than most. I built a team. We built a team. And it is in that team I place my pride in. Judge us as you may, but from where I stand, what I set out to accomplish two and a half years ago; I succeeded. We succeeded. And I will take this time to thank everyone who has ever played for VE whether you were EP, DC, or AD. Thank you, from the deepest part of me I can express gratitude. We were a success because you played for us, you were a part of it. And that meant something to me, and it will always mean something to me. To my current players, you are all amazing. You may not be the strongest individuals on your own. But as a team, I could not have asked for better players. I don’t care what anyone says.

VE played on the Ebonheart Pact when they were at the top of the leaderboards. Winning countless campaigns in a row. Alongside the other EP guilds we coordinated to make EP the success that it became. After so many months of the same reign, the game started to feel stale. PvP was on a massive decline. It wasn’t even fun to log on and play. Faction switches were whispered about among the forums but I knew no official way to take your toon over would be implemented for quite some time. Too long to wait. So I proposed to the guild that we go DC. They were the weakest, always last place. Always getting their scrolls taken, the faction with the least amount of guilds and teamwork.

At the time it was something that many DC players took pride in. They didn’t need to “zerg” to win. But the simple fact was, they didn’t win at all. So as a guild we rerolled to help even the odds. Around this time, I got in contact with the current DC guilds and asked for their coordination to help DC win a full cycle campaign. I was met with warmth and excitement. Many thought DC needed help and we were the only guild doing something about it. So we started our DC campaigns once we got to appropriate levels. DC won the next 3 campaigns between our assistance and the other DC guilds really coming together to make it a reality. I could not have been more excited for DC when we won that first cycle. It had been the first cycle EP had lost in what seemed like forever.

As we continued our DC stay the game kept under going development changes. Some agreeable, some less so. It became more evident over time that we were not going to want to keep an active presence in this game much longer. Towards the end of the last cycle, it was announced that Vet levels were going away. I saw an opportunity to do something that all of us as a guild could take pride in as we left. Yes, I made the decision purely for my own interests. No, I do not regret it. We rolled AD with the disappearance of Veteran levels and played our first cycle on AD. And we won it. Not alone, with the help of every AD player that logged on to push against EP and DC. I cannot express my gratitude enough for those that supported AD this cycle. and welcomed us when we arrived. I know not everyone was pleased, but I have never and will never live to please others.

The main point of this thread is not to come and boast our achievements. I take pride in what has been accomplished and do not need any of you to recognize it. I am creating this thread to look back and see how far we have all come as a community, as a guild, as players in the same game. And to say goodbye. This was the last cycle that VE will ever participate in to win again. A casual presence may happen every once in a while or once a week you might see us balled up in our “zerg.” But as an active force that takes pride in any win or faction, we are done.

You can say what you want about us, you can say what you will about skill and whatever justifications you have to despise me or my guild. And I know many of you do :wink: . But you can’t deny what’s happened, because it’s already said and done. :wink:

Vehemence. The first guild to roll all three factions successfully and compete on the most active server at the current time.

The first guild to WIN on the active 30-day cycle campaign on ALL three factions.

I never ran more than 24 people in my raids, ever. Say what you will. It was the maximum group size while I played and still is. I stacked with other guilds when the circumstances called for it and have no shame for it. All of us have, and if you want to deny it than you have a different issue to address all together.
I expect the salt levels to exceed 9000 on this thread rather quickly. I will say now; I will not revisit this thread or forum again. So you may spare yourself some time from posting a hateful reply that I will never see.

As a guild we are done with this game, we’ve done what we wanted to. As a guild lead, I am done playing this game; I achieved more than I even considered when I started. And I hold no grudges or resentment towards the people I have played with or against while I spent my nights here. Hate me if you must, maybe someday we will get along in another game if you let go of it :smile: . I had the privilege of playing with some of the best people I’ve met gaming and I’m not referring to just my guild. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and I hope all of you continue to enjoy yourselves as long as you stick around.

Thank you for playing this game with all of us from VE. It has been a pleasure I will not soon forget.
Farewell TESO
Bulbasir EP Dragonknight
Return of the Bulbasir EP Necromancer
Like a Bulbasir DC Warden
Fears Like a Bulbasir DC Nightblade
PERMAREKT DC Dragonknight
Permaling DC Templar
Bulbasir's Final Form AD Necromancer
Vehemence Crown.
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jh0qpnc.jpg
    'Chaos
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_lor5anKd3B1qc2jhfo1_500.gif
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p5GFCpJ.jpg
  • TooskSG
    TooskSG
    ✭✭✭
    competitive

139023-you-keep-using-that-word-meme-OEzW.jpeg

Dat RAMZerg daily PvDoor

Xv9CGFL.jpg?1
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long chums; a genuine pleasure to coordinate with you to win the most recent campaign. And before you made your switch to AD public, your soldiers and group leads were respectful, graceful, and professional opponents in any interactions with my guild. You'll be missed & remembered.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since this is our retirement thread, I wanted to give a shoutout to our best rivalries and opponents:

Deci, the guild we wanted to beat and the guild that forced us to Git good or Git rekt. ...and get more sorcs.

GoS, the battles for dethrone on TF were brutal and memorable.

Nexus and the infamous Meth Emp with the broken and terrifying Dawnbreaker of Smiting. Most nail biting fights I've been part of in this game.

Rage, our last best rivalry! Intense fights and good competition.

And Havoc, for always making me take fights cereal no matter how many or few you had.

As a VE founding member and raid lead, Twas good times. Look out for drunk raid nights. I may also look into this "small man pee vee pee" I keep hearing about.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    I may also look into this "small man pee vee pee" I keep hearing about.
    RIP Haderus. :cry:

• OPheliaMortal
    OPheliaMortal
    ✭✭
    Will miss spamming bombard on you. <3
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Always sad to see troops of Cyrodiil leave the battlefield for good, though as the Forum Rules states, goodbye threads are not permitted on these forums. For this reason we will now go ahead and close this thread, many hopes that your journey of other worlds is a good one.

Enjoy the day everyone!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.