The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Khajiit failling behind other races?

Tykune
Tykune
✭✭✭
So I am trying to find a way to make a khajiit into a warrior-like character, but it seems that no matter what class I look into, be it templar or dk, it seems that they make a very poor choice compared to other races, even with their benefits to crit, damage, and stamina.. and anytime I try to get some advice on the matter, I am only told that there are better races for DK and Templar, and that a Khajiit will only ever make a good nightblade or maybe even sorcerer, despite other classes still out-performing them. So.. what I would like to ask if there is a way to build a khajiit with a warrior-like stamina playstyle while still being viable all the way to even end-game content without suffering from being inefficient.
  • Snatchez
    Snatchez
    ✭✭
    For pve theyre great for dps. Not sure what you mean by "warrior," a khajitts racial passives scream dps and theyre suitable for both magika or stam builds. If your wanting something tanky then there are better races for you like an Imperial.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are great for anything...
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Snatchez wrote: »
    For pve theyre great for dps. Not sure what you mean by "warrior," a khajitts racial passives scream dps and theyre suitable for both magika or stam builds. If your wanting something tanky then there are better races for you like an Imperial.

I was thinking something along the lines of templar with medium armor since I want to find a way to capitalize on their dps potential, but I am consistently told that an Imperial would do a better job with it due to their max stamina increase. Khajiits don't really have anything that would benefit towards a tank other than 30% more hp regeneration when in combat.

But overall, I am trying to find a way to do a dps style stamina warrior without using nightblade. Dunmer seem to be the kings of DK damage, so I don't think there is a way to even touch that.
    Edited by Tykune on June 28, 2016 10:20PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tykune wrote: »
    If people aren't going to post serious responses, just don't post and move on. I've been putting a lot of serious thought into this and these pointless posts offer no information or advice whatsoever.

Have you read the patch notes of the next major update? Khajiit are losing the health regen and getting max stamina. Many threads on these forums are calling them overpowered. You can literally pick any class, load up on medium armor and be wrecking face in no time.

That's why you're getting the sarcastic responses.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people aren't going to post serious responses, just don't post and move on. I've been putting a lot of serious thought into this and these pointless posts offer no information or advice whatsoever.

Have you read the PTS patch notes? Khajiit get:

- Extra Stamina
    - Extra Crit
    - Extra Stamina Regen
    - Extra Stealth Damage

This'll make them the best Stamina DPS race there is. Best StamKnights and StamBlades.

(which is why ppl aren't taking your post seriously)
    Edited by Tryxus on June 28, 2016 10:44PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Have you read the patch notes of the next major update? Khajiit are losing the health regen and getting max stamina. Many threads on these forums are calling them overpowered. You can literally pick any class, load up on medium armor and be wrecking face in no time.

I have not seen that, actually. I will have to look into how that will change things for Khajiit, but it really depends on how much stamina they will be getting. Happen to have a link to the notes?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have not seen that, actually. I will have to look into how that will change things for Khajiit, but it really depends on how much stamina they will be getting. Happen to have a link to the notes?

Click here, then scroll down a bit.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    6% more stamina really isn't that much, but at least the useless health regen was taken out and replaced with something more useful. For a stamina build, would templar or dk benefit more? I am not sure if the increase in stamina would out-weigh the extra fire damage that dunmer get as a dk.
    Edited by Tykune on June 28, 2016 10:51PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    6% more stamina really isn't that much, but at least the useless health regen was taken out and replaced with something more useful. For a stamina build, would templar or dk benefit more? I am not sure if the increase in stamina would out-weigh the extra fire damage that dunmer get as a dk.

For people with health regen tanking builds it wasn't useless. (Of course there are better races with bonus Health to go along with it, like Nord and Orc). 6% is not a joke, particularly when you factor in the crit.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire damage cannot be used by a warrior class. Fire is for magicka DK in light armor with a staff. A warrior DK in medium armor would use the stamina/poisin morphs. Those gain nothing from the Dumner fire damage passive. Khajiit is best race for warrior/stamina DK.

Also, 6% max stamina + 8% weapon crit is much better than Imperial +10% stamina. The 8% weapon crit alone is probably better than 10% stamina, especially if doing high end PvE DPS with lots of Rearing Trap and Warhorn to boost critical damage bonus.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Fire damage cannot be used by a warrior class. Fire is for magicka DK in light armor with a staff. A warrior DK in medium armor would use the stamina/poisin morphs. Those gain nothing from the Dumner fire damage passive. Khajiit is best race for warrior/stamina DK.

Also, 6% max stamina + 8% weapon crit is much better than Imperial +10% stamina. The 8% weapon crit alone is probably better than 10% stamina, especially if doing high end PvE DPS with lots of Rearing Trap and Warhorn to boost critical damage bonus.

So you think a khajiit would do better as a DK than a templar with stamina?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you know you want to be a Khajiit.

You know you want a stamina build.

At this point, DK is not better than Templar or vice versa. Considering how often ZOS likes to muck with class skills there is no future-proof call about one being better than the other.

Want to play an in-your-face, poison spewing crowd control monster? Roll a DK.

Want to play a self-healing aedric warrior that "defends his house?" Roll a templar.

At this point it's all about what playstyle you want, one is not objectively better than the other.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you know you want to be a Khajiit.

You know you want a stamina build.

At this point, DK is not better than Templar or vice versa. Considering how often ZOS likes to muck with class skills there is no future-proof call about one being better than the other.

Want to play an in-your-face, poison spewing crowd control monster? Roll a DK.

Want to play a self-healing aedric warrior that "defends his house?" Roll a templar.

At this point it's all about what playstyle you want, one is not objectively better than the other.

Very logical. The rules keep changing, so the suggestion of 'go with what you like' has a lot of reason behind it. The background of rules is expected to be changing every major patch at this point.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not sure. I'll have to look more in-depth at the two classes.
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit Sorc! Hype for a finally viable build!
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking something along the lines of templar with medium armor since I want to find a way to capitalize on their dps potential, but I am consistently told that an Imperial would do a better job with it due to their max stamina increase. Khajiits don't really have anything that would benefit towards a tank other than 30% more hp regeneration when in combat.

But overall, I am trying to find a way to do a dps style stamina warrior without using nightblade. Dunmer seem to be the kings of DK damage, so I don't think there is a way to even touch that.

One of the best tanks I know on the european server is a Khajiit; you can find his build on eso-skillfactory (woeler)
    As said before, no problem in making a DPS of them
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »

One of the best tanks I know on the european server is a Khajiit; you can find his build on eso-skillfactory (woeler)
    As said before, no problem in making a DPS of them

You know that is the player not the race right? I am sure that guy would succeed no matter what race he picked.
  • Snatchez
    Snatchez
    ✭✭
    When is the patch supposed to go live?
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    khajit best stamina dps next patch
    argonian best healer next patch
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has been best stam dps in pve for quite some time, and as of August will be even more so.