The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Silver Leash suggestion

Browiseth
Browiseth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I appreciate that there's an all class gap-closer in the game now, but honestly in my experience it's just too impractical and slow to use in a real combat scenario.

It would be great if the initial cast requirement got removed, making it an instant use gap close. The initial cast really serves no purpose, and if I wanted to use the ability as a ranged attack I'd use the other morph.
skingrad when zoscharacters:
  • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
  • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
  • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The initial cast has more range and snares. The snare, provided it works, let's you catch up to anyone trying to flee long enough to pull yourself to them. It's a... unique type of gap closer.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The initial cast has more range and snares. The snare, provided it works, let's you catch up to anyone trying to flee long enough to pull yourself to them. It's a... unique type of gap closer.

Surely the snare can still be applied without the initial cast. Massively reduce the damage so it doesn't have a clear advantage over the likes of Crit rush and DK chain and it would still serve its unique purpose imo - heck, maybe even more so

Or at the very least speed up the animation, make it more responsive etc.
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »

Surely the snare can still be applied without the initial cast. Massively reduce the damage so it doesn't have a clear advantage over the likes of Crit rush and DK chain and it would still serve its unique purpose imo - heck, maybe even more so

If you can gap close constantly you honestly have no need for snares. In fact depending on the gap closer the snare may actually hurt more than help, ie Crit Rush.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should be a one-click gap closer - one morph should pull you to the target and the other morph should pull the target to you. There are lots of AoE damage options already, what we need are these two options truly available to everyone.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes, it should be a one-click gap closer - one morph should pull you to the target and the other morph should pull the target to you. There are lots of AoE damage options already, what we need are these two options truly available to everyone.

Silver Bolt was designed to use the Dawnguard Crossbow as part of the Fighter's Guild for hunting Werewolves and Vampires. If you take that away you really WILL get people complaining about there not being Crossbows in-game.

Besides, I don't know about you but I don't recall too many Stamina ranged AoE attacks.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 28, 2016 6:36PM
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you can gap close constantly you honestly have no need for snares. In fact depending on the gap closer the snare may actually hurt more than help, ie Crit Rush.

Isn't the purpose of a gap closer to allow a melee character to keep pressure on someone/ prevent them from kiting? I disagree that the snare on an instant use gap closer would cause more harm than good; it would serve a unique purpose imo. Crit rush is to punish people who try and flee with its high damage, and silver leash would be to prevent people from fleeing in general

I don't pvp very much but I honestly see the second or two spent in the initial cast just being valuable time for the enemy to cloak/bolt escape/catch you offguard etc

Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Isn't the purpose of a gap closer to allow a melee character to keep pressure on someone/ prevent them from kiting? I disagree that the snare on an instant use gap closer would cause more harm than good; it would serve a unique purpose imo. Crit rush is to punish people who try and flee with its high damage, and silver leash would be to prevent people from fleeing in general

I don't pvp very much but I honestly see the second or two spent in the initial cast just being valuable time for the enemy to cloak/bolt escape/catch you offguard etc

Well when you look at escaping as using skills to get away then yeah I can see your point, but not everyone is a NB or Sorc lol
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, that would be stepping on the territory of class skills.
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Nope, that would be stepping on the territory of class skills.

I dissagree. It snares and comes with the benefits of a Fighter's Guild ability. If making Silver Leash serve its purpse reliably and practically makes it similar to a class skill...

Well, let's be honest, that's a petty reason to not change it that way, isn't it?
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Silver Bolt was designed to use the Dawnguard Crossbow as part of the Fighter's Guild for hunting Werewolves and Vampires. If you take that away you really WILL get people complaining about there not being Crossbows in-game.

Besides, I don't know about you but I don't recall too many Stamina ranged AoE attacks.

So... have you never equipped a bow? Lol. Also Caltrops, Shrouded Daggers.

I don't really care, I would just like a gap closer that doesn't require the use of 2h.
    Edited by Solariken on June 28, 2016 9:22PM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So... have you never equipped a bow? Lol. Also Caltrops, Shrouded Daggers.

I don't really care, I would just like a gap closer that doesn't require the use of 2h.

Caltrops isn't an AoE attack, it's a trap DoT. Same goes for Volley. Arrow Spray has range sure but not as much as Silver Shards. Personally I prefer Flying Blade so I did forget about Shrouded Daggers but I'd rather use Silver Shards over it.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 29, 2016 12:29AM
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt is acting really strange on PS4;

I can charge a full now heavy attack hit bolt;
    Charge another full bolt heavy and hit bolt and it pulls.

I reported this on test; it actually much faster to light leave a bow normal and hit bolt again for the pull them it is to try to time the pull activation.
    Options