Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold Jewelry in the Maw of Lorkhaj

ZOS_MSchroeder
ZOS_MSchroeder
✭✭✭✭
With the recent updates for the Dark Brotherhood patch, we updated how the loot was distributed within the Maw of Lorkhaj trial, based on the feedback we received during the Thieves Guild update.

When Maw of Lorkhaj launched, you were guaranteed a set item piece the first time you downed a boss or completed a wave event for a given week. Subsequent clears, however, did not guarantee set items. This meant it was possible to experience an entire Trial run where you received zero set items from the bosses, and the feedback was understandably not positive.

In response, we updated the loot tables in a way that guarantees a set item drop every single time you beat a boss or complete a wave event. The gold-quality jewelry is now a guaranteed drop when Veteran Hard Mode is activated. You can also get gold-quality jewelry from the weekly leaderboards. We removed the gold jewelry drop that occurred once a week from the Veteran Mode (non-Hard Mode) tables. At present, the only items that are limited are the exceptionally valuable sellable items, like The Rid-Thar's Moon Pearls, which can still only be obtained once a week from defeating the Trial on Veteran Hard Mode.

We are closely watching your feedback, and are discussing returning the gold quality jewelry back into the Veteran Mode tables, without the weekly restriction. We understand that the Veteran Mode difficulty demands more coordination and skill so we want to make sure that the loot reflects the challenge.
Michael Schroeder
Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
Staff Post
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please bring back our gold loot! No offense, but the fact that I can get EXACTLY the same loot while running normal mode (which is laughable easy while veteran is extraordinarily hard) was a bad decision! There is no reason to run vet.

Actually, I would argue to add this mechanic to each trial once they have all been scaled to cp160, because it gives people a reason to do them. If they all drop gold loot at the end once per week, there is a reason for people to at least run the trials on veteran once a week. It would be a great way to attract more people to raiding.

My idea is this:
    Normalmode -> All blue loot (weapon or jewel at endboss)
    Veteranmode -> Once per week a gold jewel, the rest all lila loot (weapon or jewel at endboss)
    Veteranmode Hardmode -> Always 2 gold jewels (1BoE, 1BoP) and weekly the 10k item.
    Edited by Woeler on June 28, 2016 5:42PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what they do next, as long as they don't re-nerf Normal mode. Hardly any groups, even in guilds, are actually running Vet mode, so Normal mode needs to have reliable loot drops so there's a reason to keep running it.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All trials should follow the guideline that woeler has said.
    Normal you get all blue loot and MAYBE once a week you can get a purple piece
    Vet you get gold jewels once a week and the rest you get random purple gear
    Vet HM you always get 2 gold jewels and once a week get the 10k item.

Unless you guarantee gold jewel drops from the weekly the odds of actually finishing a set of jewels in full gold are extremely slim the way things are right now since no guild in the world has cleared (or is even close to clearing afaik) hard mode. DO NOT NERF HARD MODE. Just fix the drops from normal.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently no reason to run veteran mode what so ever if it has the same drops as normal.
    On NA server it is only the 1 guild running and finishing vet maw, no one else really has the incentive to if there is no real reward to it.

Why not change vet maw to purple rings and weapons in desired traits
    Hard mode should drop gold worm/hircine or ebon along with 1 alkosh, moon, remedy or lunar and a gold weapon of those. Seeing as I believe it's going to be months before we see this trial on farm, may as well make the reward worth it

#MOREORBS
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Yes, please bring back our gold loot! No offense, but the fact that I can get EXACTLY the same loot while running normal mode (which is laughable easy while veteran is extraordinarily hard) was a bad decision! There is no reason to run vet.

Actually, I would argue to add this mechanic to each trial once they have all been scaled to cp160, because it gives people a reason to do them. If they all drop gold loot at the end once per week, there is a reason for people to at least run the trials on veteran once a week. It would be a great way to attract more people to raiding.

My idea is this:
    Veteranmode -> Once per week a gold jewel, the rest all lila loot (weapon or jewel at endboss)
    Veteranmode Hardmode -> Always 2 gold jewels (1BoE, 1BoP) and weekly the 10k item.

I agree with this except I think that there should be a cap of getting one gold BoE jewelry piece per week. As we have seen in Sanctum Ophidia, the prices of BoE gold jewelry pieces continue to plummet because they can be farmed endlessly without restriction. Yes, Maw of Lorkhaj is much MUCH more difficult than Sanctum but still I think gold jewelry should be rare and valuable.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys want to buff the gold drops on Vet, that's great, but please don't nerf Normal down to blues. There are probably only a handful of guilds/groups that are completing Vet, so don't be so cavalier about ruining the drops on Normal, just because you don't run it.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Polysemy
    Polysemy
    ✭✭✭
    I think this system is good. If you want to clear vMol you are rewarded a skin. If you want to do it again you are probablly competitive and thus shouldnt need a reward other then the reward of score... maybe you could include two trophies one for vet and one for vet hard-mode that is worth more idk. When the first gulds get their hard mode compelte though they will be swimming in gold and that is exciting to me... sure there is no cosmetic reward or mount but masses of gold :D
    Grade A ***
  • xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran maw of lorkhaj non-hardmode Rakkhat should still drop gold jewelry sometimes. Getting purple ebon weapons for clearing vet mode is not rewarding at all.
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys want to buff the gold drops on Vet, that's great, but please don't nerf Normal down to blues. There are probably only a handful of guilds/groups that are completing Vet, so don't be so cavalier about ruining the drops on Normal, just because you don't run it.

Veteran and normal should not reward the same things. The only logical solution, which was great when TG came out, is blue drops on normal. Harder content, better loot. And in the end it only matters for jewelry anyways, since the rest of the gear can be improved.

But I guess that 30 missing magicka per jewelry piece is totally '''ruining' the loot.
    Edited by Woeler on June 28, 2016 10:14PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but veteran and normal need to be split, I think veteran should drop purples and normal to drop blue and hardmode to drop gold.
    Veteran is difficult to most players, very difficult, I agree it should drop 1 gold per week and then continue to drop purple rings, necklaces and weapons of the sets - not worm cult stuff

Normal is so brain dead easy it's not even funny, you should not be rewarded the same gear as veteran at all. I don't know if the devs actually know how easy it even is... Call it elitist all you like, I just don't think there is anyway you can justify it based on its difficulty to be as rewarding as veteran
    Edited by Nifty2g on June 28, 2016 11:38PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for improving normal version rewards. As someone who only cares about the loot and not the challenge this was a welcome change. The upcoming motif in MoL also encourages me to run it more.

As for vet mode I don't think I will ever complete it so I don't really care about the changes there either way.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a joke that normal and vet mode have the exact same loot...

Jewerly, new motif etc. with same loot chance normal and vet pfff come one
    Woeler wrote: »
    My idea is this:

/sign

And please dont nerf vMOL hardmode. SO is a joke and the "new" trials AA, HR, DSA will be the same joke and no challenge. Please let this last part of difficulty stay in this game...
    Edited by The_Saint on June 29, 2016 5:40AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for improving normal version rewards. As someone who only cares about the loot and not the challenge this was a welcome change. The upcoming motif in MoL also encourages me to run it more.

As for vet mode I don't think I will ever complete it so I don't really care about the changes there either way.

So, let me get this straight, you want purple loot that only has a small difference which will only be cared about by min/maxers for challenges you don't care about?