The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clever Alchemist > Hunding's

C0wrex
C0wrex
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

Going to post a build down here because I am wondering if this would be great to use:

Also, this build is for PvE. Used heavy armor because I want to survive longer in any situation. Also, I am torn between Hunding's and Clever (Clever adds health and wep dmg while boosting it by a huge degree when using a potion)

Armor:

2x Molag Kena (Medium - Divines)
5x Clever Alchemist (Heavy - Divines)

Jewelry:

3x Agi Pieces (Robust and with Weapon Damage enchants)

Weapons and Skills:

Bar 1: Maelstrom 2H - With Fighter's Guild Trap Beast and Rally as highlights with Meteor Ultimate
Bar 2: Maelstrom DW - Daggers - With Fighter's Guild Camouflaged Hunter and Flawless Dawnbreaker Ultimate

Boon:

Shadow Stone

Estimated Damage Statistics:

Jewelry = 700 Wep Dmg
Maelstrom = 188 Wep Dmg
Molag Kena = 129 Wep Dmg
Clever Alchemist = 129 Wep Dmg
Base Dmg = 1700 Wep Dmg

Total: 2800-3000 Wep Dmg (4500-4800 with self buffs for a 6 second window)

Buffs:

Rally = 400 Wep Dmg
Molag Kena = 688 Wep Dmg
Clever Alchemist = 650 Wep Dmg

Total: 1700 Wep Dmg

Crit Chance:

Bar 1: 2H - 40% (50% with buffs)
Bar 2: DW - 70% (80% with buffs)

Just wondering if this is good, or if I have any mistakes. Feel free to break it down if you have to :)

Thanks!
Edited by C0wrex on June 28, 2016 4:11AM
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses

Best Answers

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE I would recommend 5 pc medium for the wep dmg bonus. Unfortunately "play as you like" is poor advice if you're trying to get on leaderboards.

I'm not knocking your build, just have fun with the game, I'm having a blast on my Bosmer Magsorc right now :)

PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm I really prefer medium for pve myself. Everything is too easy to survive. And if you have maelstrom weapons, well I assume you're already quite capable of handling whatever comes your way haha. The medium armor passives are too much to ignore. It does seem like a fun build, though if you're not aiming to knock everyone off the leaderboards and stuff
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, rather get the increase critical and dps than survival.

with that said, tbs >
    Master Debater
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is for solo play, then anything goes. Play as you wish.

However, if you want to excel and be optimal in group play like trials, you would need at least 5 pieces of medium armour as stamina DPS.

1. Most stam cost reduction
    2. More weapon power
    3. More crit

Just to name a few things you can has with medium that heavy wont offer you. Also, a big portion of the heavy armour passives would be worthless in the presence of a tank. Tank is the one who is going to get hit the most thereby benefiting from constituiton the most. Tank is also going to reap maximum benefits of increased healing taken due to being in constant damage. As a DPS, with a good tank/ proper CC, you would take very minimal damage for the most part and get hit the least rendering all the resistances and other benefits of heavy armour neigh useless.

If you want a little boost without giving up too much, run 1 heavy chest, 1 light belt/boots/glove and 5 medium for an all rounded build with an extra 6% to all stats via undaunted skill line.

The other thing is, clever alchemist is kinda not the BIS for PvE. Hundings, night mothers, TBS are all slightly better picks. Alch is typically used on back bar to gain the buff then swap over to main bar for gank builds to stack some crazy amounts of spell/weapon power ranging in the high 5s-6k for insta-gibs in PvP.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this for pve? The heavy armor part confused me
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DannyLV702 Yep for PvE!! :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot guys for your input! Will keep in mind switching over to Medium for max damage :) I think I'll go for Twice Born Star on this one seeing as Shadow and thief stones will be very useful!

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options