Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race change token = alliance change?

speeez
speeez
✭✭✭
With the new update, and using a race change token, can we change alliances as well? (Assuming we have any race any alliance unlocked)

I was wondering because It didn't seem clear or I missed the part where they discussed it in the last ESO live.

Thanks for any input!
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/speeeztv
YouTube: www.youtube.com/speeeztv
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No alliance change yet unfortunately.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

ah gotchya thanks, yeah i just got to the part where jessica asks "questions in regards to alliance change and class changes" and he responds "ah, yeah, we have nothing to announce there"

what a way to word that answer lol
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    speeez wrote: »

ah gotchya thanks, yeah i just got to the part where jessica asks "questions in regards to alliance change and class changes" and he responds "ah, yeah, we have nothing to announce there"

After One Tamriel it will be super easy for them to introduce alliance changes so I'm convinced it's coming eventually. I imagine they're trying to figure out a system that prevents credit-card-warriors from faction jumping all the time.

I just hope it's not part of the Style Parlor and actually has some sort of turning-traitor quest line in-game.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    Speeez traitor of the daggerfall confirmed
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope it's not part of the Style Parlor and actually has some sort of turning-traitor quest line in-game.

that would be so sick
    cdobratz wrote: »
    Speeez traitor of the daggerfall confirmed

hahaha no i would of made my sorc DC instead of AD i think
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish alliance faction change were part of the race change
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to change race differnet than their alliance then you need Any Race Any Alliance upgrade,

or else you can not change your Khajit to Orc in AD.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 27, 2016 10:33PM
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has started a "Race change has devalued my Imperial Edition" thread, yet. But as a purchaser of the Imperial Edition, I welcome the influx of new Bretons, Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer and Khajiit - good bye Orc, Nords and Argonians.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has started a "Race change has devalued my Imperial Edition" thread, yet. But as a purchaser of the Imperial Edition, I welcome the influx of new Bretons, Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer and Khajiit - good bye Orc, Nords and Argonians.

Well, at the time I purchased that edition I get access to the new race, a nearly free horse (which I use on all my toons) and the imperial style already learned for all my imperials. Later, I bought the "starter pack" from the crown store that allowed me to select "any race any alliance". Hope when it go live the "race change" also allows me to change faction to honor my purchase.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure in the ESO live they said that you had to have Imperial Edition to switch to Imperial.
    So, just as valuable as before I think.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do not have "Any Race/Alliance", you can only switch between the other 2 races in your faction. This was covered in ESO Live and the patch notes.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    ethernut60 wrote: »
    I just tested on the PTS, and yes, you can change faction along with race if you Any Race/Any Alliance unlocked. I went from DC Orc to AD Altmer Sorc.

Now if they'd let us change class too! >;-}

mmm I just tried this on the PTS and it did not work. I purchased the any alliance any race upgrade, then purchased some tokens, and then I tried to change faction and it didn't allow me to do so.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no, you will be able to swap race only to that alliance that you belong to (for example if you are in AD, then you will be able to swap only to Atlmer, Khajiit, Bosmer). unless you bought the Adventurer Pack (any race, any alliance) from Crown store, then you can swap to any race you want, but will stay in your original alliance
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested on the PTS, and yes, you can change faction along with race if you Any Race/Any Alliance unlocked. I went from DC Orc to AD Altmer Sorc.

mmm I just tried this on the PTS and it did not work. I purchased the any alliance any race upgrade, then purchased some tokens, and then I tried to change faction and it didn't allow me to do so.

Same here, could change to any race but couldn't change faction.
    stam scrub
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it will not allow you to change alliance, only race, if you do not have Any race, any alliance bought from crown store, then you only will be able to swap to a race belonging to your alliance. if you do have it bought, then you will be able to swap to any race, but you will still stay in your original alliance

class change - zos confirmed that long time ago on eso life, the only thing that is not going to happen
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pretty sure in the ESO live they said that you had to have Imperial Edition to switch to Imperial.
    So, just as valuable as before I think.

yes, you have to have imperial edition, to be able to switch to imperial
  • SlaaMM
    SlaaMM
    ✭✭

After One Tamriel it will be super easy for them to introduce alliance changes so I'm convinced it's coming eventually. I imagine they're trying to figure out a system that prevents credit-card-warriors from faction jumping all the time.

Simple you can only do it once
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a negative ghost rider. That pattern is full.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.