The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crit Resistance, spell resistance and physical resistance Caps

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
I have been googling this for quit a while and cant get any difinitive answers on this. What I have found is that the Crit Resistance Cap is 3150 and the Spell and Physical Resistance Cap is 32500. If these are wrong please tell me what they are. Thx for any help straitening this out for me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure on the Crit, but the Physical sounds right. Although I would think the Spell Resistance would be about the same as the Physical Resistance, as I am way over 3150 for Spell Resistance, in fact, my current Spell Resistance is higher than my Physical Resistance on my characters. Then again, they are in their squishy light armor.
    Edited by Nestor on June 27, 2016 8:13PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    thx for the info, I just went with 2400 crit resistance and 32500 spell and phyical
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    I have heard the 32500 cap for Spell/Physical Resist before but don't know the formula myself (i think its 650 resist blocks 1% of damage, caped at 50%). I also think that going over can cancel out someone else's penetration. For instance, if they have 650 spell penetration and you have 33150 spell resist you should still be maxed out (50%). However, I have not run these numbers myself and would be interested if anyone else has more insight.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember Hardy and Elemental Defender are calculated first and cannot be reduced via penetration. 73 points in each gives you 20% damage reduction off the bat from the total before it takes your spell and physical resists into account.
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    I have heard the 32500 cap for Spell/Physical Resist before but don't know the formula myself (i think its 650 resist blocks 1% of damage, caped at 50%). I also think that going over can cancel out someone else's penetration. For instance, if they have 650 spell penetration and you have 33150 spell resist you should still be maxed out (50%). However, I have not run these numbers myself and would be interested if anyone else has more insight.

Late to the party, but that is correct to my knowledge.
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    If it is the cap then why do the numbers stay white instead of being red when over cap like 2 years ago? I have heard 32500 is cap but have never seen a thread or patch note from ZOS stating this . ZOS please confirm
    Edited by Trashkan on August 25, 2016 9:46AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can easily test if the cap is correct or not by crafting an armor that is below the supposed cap and one that is above the cap. You can easily reach the cap with full reinforced heavy armor, even blue/purple CP150 and something that gives you major ward/resolve and shield armor rating CP passive. Activate the scrolling combat text and go to an enemy. Enemies don't crit so the basic attack should do exactly the same damage.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |