The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka NB

GamerNoob16
What type of build should i use for Magicka NB?
  • gregv
    gregv
    ive been wondering the same thing and honestly right now with db i feel like u can go in any direction.

before db i was running vicious proxy and tether which was fun but after the change to proxy makes it a little harder but can still be done with grim focus. scathing mage and lich are really good sets but hard to get and kagrenacs takes some time unless u know someone, so personally ive been jumping around between using julianos magnus torugs kena and trying things out.

as for a build ive been going ranged with an ice staff and its been pretty good ive been using 5 light but may change to 5 heavy for extra defense. i know some people have been using dw with vicious death still but i saw a build that used 5 torugs and infused swords that looked pretty interesting and ive also seen more sap tank builds that people are having success with in pvp

are you looking for a pvp or pve build? regardless jewelry wise youll probably want willpower
  • GamerNoob16
    Both pvp&pve
  • gregv
    gregv
    pve ur gonna want to go with destro main then u can go dw or resto on the back depending how good your healer is but weaving with funnel/swallow will give u more dps u can use dw with aoe attacks and impale for a finisher

pvp youll probably want to go dw or destro and resto on the back dw for up close and personal desto for kiting and ranged attacks

julianos seducer magnus torugs clever alchemist willows path are all good craftable sets
  • GamerNoob16
    Alright thanks :)
  • gregv
    gregv
    would anyone recommend heavy over light armor in pvp and if so what kind of set up are u running?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't do the proxy bomb, it's so overdone at this point. Take cloak off your bar and wear heavy armor, come up with some unique. NB is actually so much more than sneaky, I've been rediscovering this after not playing mine since pvp saptanking got neutered.

rip decibel
  • tommy.sollenb16_ESO
    I want my NB to dual wield and wear light, or medium. And to be sneaky. (pve story quests). And all the nb class skills use magicka.
    I refuse to use staffs or any 2h.

Can you suggest a build for this?
    (or do I just not understand this game and should call it quits?)
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭

I want my NB to dual wield and wear light, or medium. And to be sneaky. (pve story quests). And all the nb class skills use magicka.
    I refuse to use staffs or any 2h.

Can you suggest a build for this?
    (or do I just not understand this game and should call it quits?)
    I've been using a double d/w build and it's been fun to use. On the skills many morph as you level to a stam base most of what I use is that way. From your comments I believe your new to the game so remember use what you want there are no rules on how you build your toon,granted some things do work better than others but it's about having fun. First gear you want a 5 piece set of night silence 3 armor 2 weapon and 5 piece set of hundings rage 4 armor and 1 weapon these are craft sets you can make. I also use 4 pieces from the sisths drop set 3 jewelry and one weapon.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry working on a phone got a bit long so continue in this post. Next bars
    Sneak bar
    Veiled strike morph to concealed weapon
    Shadow cloak morph to shadowy disguise
    Drain power to power extraction
    Assassins blade to killer blade
    Evil hunter to Cammo hunter (fighters guild)
    Ulit veil of blades
    Attack bar
    Teleport strike to ambush
    Whirlwind to steel tornado
    Flurry to bloodcraze
    Assassins blade to killer blade
    Evil hunter to Cammo hunter
    Ulit flawless dawnbreaker (fighters guild)
    Hope this helps
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to explain gear, for the stealth bar you want to have the 2 night silence weapons equipped for the stealth movement bonus for the attack bar have the hundings rage weapon and the sisths weapons equipped for the attack bonus