The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

BS REPAIR

BIGSACOFFUN
If we are inside of a keep taking it someone cant just go and repair the wall we just took down and lock us inside it is total bs
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one prefers to think of it as a reason to pay attention, and work as a team to secure victory.

Also, an incredibly fun thing to do to people who like to rely on camps and or the keep being empty in order to win a thing.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    They can't, if you don't let them.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our TS has been pretty consistent in feeling that if flags are being actively contested you should not be able to repair up the inner wall. If the group is up top that's one thing, but if an enemy is actively flipping flags, it makes little sense to be able to repair up a wall to 75% and all of sudden make flipping the keep impossible.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so funny to watch them freak out once they realize that they're locked in, especially when they run for the tower and jump off the walls :D:D:D
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siege works inside 0.o
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta disagree on this one. It's a high risk move for defenders, assuming attackers are paying attention, and it works beautifully. You wanted to come inside, and now you're trapped here.
    Options
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lol'd at the OP.

Keep siege on it buddy, all you have to do..
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to mind your surroundings. If you see the wall being fixed say so in /yell immediately. you should also have at least one person watching the breach for flankers; have that person keep an eye out for stealth repairs as well.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember solo fixing an outer wall and trapping a large zerg in the keep, then doing the same for the inner:D good times.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive done the same cody, but when pact militia can repair a wall from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds with their third group, dats whack. There are times i see someone go to repair and in the lag, the time it takes me to set a ballista at my feet and fire it is longer than for them to solo get the wall to 25%. Thats moronic
    Options
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Ive done the same cody, but when pact militia can repair a wall from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds with their third group, dats whack. There are times i see someone go to repair and in the lag, the time it takes me to set a ballista at my feet and fire it is longer than for them to solo get the wall to 25%. Thats moronic

We actually had a dethrone attempt fail against one of platform's worst zerg guilds because of this. We were literally on the front flag at the end of a near 20k in combat tick when the inner wall went up. You should be able to repair the wall behind people but once flags start to flip you should at least have to flip both flags back before they're immune again.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
    Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fail to keep the inner below 75% during a flag flip, then you are just don't even deserve to be in Cyrodiil. That's just hilariously pathetic.
    Options
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you fail to keep the inner below 75% during a flag flip, then you are just don't even deserve to be in Cyrodiil. That's just hilariously pathetic.

What were talking about is massive zergs repairing walls with +10 people while your group is inside either up top or pushing a flag in a 12v+40, not some pug baddies that don't manage to catch a solo potatoblade repairing a wall while they spend 10 minutes trying to kill guards to clear the flag for a flip. Massive zerg guilds on my platform have actually adopted the strategy of having everyone that rezzes outside at a camp just run right up to inner wall and spam repair while the rest of their horde is stalling inside. The strategy of course does nothing when both sides have numbers but this is the most easymode way to cheat even an elite level group you have next to no chance of wiping out of a the cap.
    Edited by The-Baconator on June 27, 2016 10:53PM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

talking trash solves nor helps nothing.
    Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Nothing needs to be solved or helped, so what is your point?
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mister hero sir. can you please tell us lowly not guds how to take twelve people and kill 45 people repairing a walll, flip two flags, and keep them from repairing a wall in 10 seconds all while under heavy lag?

Preferably you can show a humble one some manner of video recording of you accomplishing such a manly man feat that would cement your words as having a substance somewhat more substantial than that one thing people experience after eating to many eggs.
    Edited by Telel on June 28, 2016 2:06AM
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Mister hero sir. can you please tell us lowly not guds how to take twelve people and kill 45 people repairing a wall, flip two flags, and keep them from repairing a wall in 10 seconds all while under heavy lag?

Preferably you can show a humble one some manner of video recording of you accomplishing such a manly man feat that would cement your words as having a substance somewhat more substantial than that one thing people experience after eating to many eggs.

Well, part of the point is that 12 of you is not going to successfully flip the keep to begin with against 45 defenders, so the repair portion isn't relevant. In the 10 months that I have really PvPed, I've seen this become relevant once, against VE, where a group was outnumbered and could have flipped the keep if it weren't for the repairs. I've seen it happen a couple more times where a group may have flipped the keep if it weren't for repairs, but in those situations, the offense actually outnumbered the defense, an those are the ones who are truly pathetic, and as such I won't name the DC texas ranger and AD sorcerer's apprentice guilds that were involved.

And to be clear, I actually have a lot of respect for PUG herders like yourself Telel, but if this ever truly becomes relevant to your group, and not just a scenario here you were inside getting wiped while the keep was being repaired but a situation where you really could have flipped the keep if it weren't for the fact that the flags can't be flipped when it is repaired, I will be truly amazed.
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mister hero sir. can you please tell us lowly not guds how to take twelve people and kill 45 people repairing a wall, flip two flags, and keep them from repairing a wall in 10 seconds all while under heavy lag?

Well, part of the point is that 12 of you is not going to successfully flip the keep to begin with against 45 defenders, so the repair portion isn't relevant. In the 10 months that I have really PvPed, I've seen this become relevant once, against VE, where a group was outnumbered and could have flipped the keep if it weren't for the repairs. I've seen it happen a couple more times where a group may have flipped the keep if it weren't for repairs, but in those situations, the offense actually outnumbered the defense, an those are the ones who are truly pathetic, and as such I won't name the DC texas ranger and AD sorcerer's apprentice guilds that were involved.

And to be clear, I actually have a lot of respect for PUG herders like yourself Telel, but if this ever truly becomes relevant to your group, and not just a scenario here you were inside getting wiped while the keep was being repaired but a situation where you really could have flipped the keep if it weren't for the fact that the flags can't be flipped when it is repaired, I will be truly amazed.

Telel never ceases to amaze people with the situations they can hurl themselves into with great Averagocity.

This one just invented a new word.

Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, part of the point is that 12 of you is not going to successfully flip the keep to begin with against 45 defenders, so the

You must not be familiar with good guilds.

The flags should be capturable until the keep goes out of attack and the keep shouldn't go out of attack if flags are being actively flipped.

Simple
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, part of the point is that 12 of you is not going to successfully flip the keep to begin with against 45 defenders

This is like the biggest bs I have read on the forums today (so far).

Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mister hero sir. can you please tell us lowly not guds how to take twelve people and kill 45 people repairing a walll, flip two flags, and keep them from repairing a wall in 10 seconds all while under heavy lag?

Oil over the breach after taking top floor maybe...yup - that would do it. One guy - oil on inside and outside of wall - that wall will not go up. Do not act like something is impossible to do, there is always a way.

Im not calling anyone bad - or saying your comment is wrong - this is a tough task you are presenting. However, when outnumbered - deploy siege - especially in offense - and things get easier.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't really any different than walls at 95% being troll repaired. Maybe it's time for no wall repairs on a keep until after the D or O tick is done. By leaving the wall down longer, it allows for more enemies to get into it to disrupt things.

Back when real sieges were taking place, the only fortification that could be done was bracing on the main gate/door. Walls shouldn't be repairable until someone owns the keep or has defended against it and all fighting has ceased.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

Oil over the breach after taking top floor maybe...yup - that would do it. One guy - oil on inside and outside of wall - that wall will not go up. Do not act like something is impossible to do, there is always a way.

Im not calling anyone bad - or saying your comment is wrong - this is a tough task you are presenting. However, when outnumbered - deploy siege - especially in offense - and things get easier.

Ballista shots on it keeping it at 0 health works as well. I had a ton of fun yesterday when you guys were taking Ash back to dethrone. That 3 faction fight went on for quite a bit. While you guys were at the front door I troll repaired the breach to 30% and then was ran over by a freight train of red after you took down our FC. I was waiting to rez at a FC that never popped up. The fight lasted so long that I timed out on the rez, netted 10k AP, rode back and still had time to setup a Cold fire on the top and was hitting the inner breach watching all the blue flamers running around....priceless.... :D
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options