The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Flanking Set in PVP - How reliable is the "behind enemy" weapon damage?

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
Thinking of testing this set out but wanted to get your opinion on how wide the arc of "behind" actually is, strictly for pvp purposes.

I know this set it not optimal for pvp considering how fast paced and quick everyone is, but I still want to try it out.

Any thoughts?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to run in circles trying to poke people in the back to find out . So I would like to know as well .
  • dwemer_cog11
    dwemer_cog11
    ✭✭
    I can only think about one somewhat reliable way to utilize this set 5item set bonus

Charging with a two-hander (from stealth so you can position yourself properly), followed by Dizzying Swing - Executioner
    spam with medium attacks weave via animation canceling.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I am thinking of more ganking (I know that's cheesy, but I am honestly tired of the meta, need to switch it up).
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use this set on my gank build.

It seems to work reliably when you hit a player between greater than 3 oclock and less then 9 oclock, however, does not when you are directly at the sides.

My original build was alchemist, 2 leki, 1 kena, 3 robust agility, maelstrom 2h.

It is now alchemist, 5 flank, 1 Kena, Maelstrom 2H.

My new setup outperforms my old when I am in position.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set would be good, if it offered 450+ weapon dmg. The difference compared to Hunding's Rage set is too minimal.
    Nothing to discuss :-S
    Edited by Francescolg on June 27, 2016 4:34PM
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭

It seems to work reliably when you hit a player between greater than 3 oclock and less then 9 oclock, however, does not when you are directly at the sides.

My original build was alchemist, 2 leki, 1 kena, 3 robust agility, maelstrom 2h.

Thank you for the information! Couple questions since you have the most experience so far in the comments:

1.) Greater than 3 oclock and less than 9 oclock seems like a pretty wide arc for it to work. So basically as long as you're slightly behind the direct sideways, it should work?

2.) Is there some noise or animation that signals a successful proc?

Thanks for your time.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    This set would be good, if it offered 450+ weapon dmg. The difference compared to Hunding's Rage set is too minimal.

I am aware of that, but since this setup comes in jewelry, I would be able to wear 5x alchemist with 5x flanking, something I would not be able to do with Hundings.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭

The difference here is that it has jewelry, so you can use it in combination with Hundings/Alchemist. If you are going for a gank build, where high initial sneak damage is your main focus, this set is BiS. Obviously if you do not finish your opponent quickly and have trouble getting behind them, then you would be better with Agility/2 pc Lekis.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »

Thank you for the information! Couple questions since you have the most experience so far in the comments:

1.) Greater than 3 oclock and less than 9 oclock seems like a pretty wide arc for it to work. So basically as long as you're slightly behind the direct sideways, it should work?

Thanks for your time.

1) Yes, that is correct.

2) I have not noticed a proc, and I am on console, so I don't have any add ons.

I was skeptical as to whether it would outperform the Leki's/Agility combo at first since the Jewelry currently only comes in Blue Quality.

However, I went and thumped a few mammoths in Wrothgar, and it was a noticeable increase in initial damage.
    Edited by MrTarkanian48 on June 27, 2016 5:09PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    ok, if you re an AD, serioussly take it pal, if you are a DC or EP, naaah this set sucks, go with the sithis set :P
    personally, I am the kind of player that always trys to be behind his target, but if it s not your play stile, here are a few things to take in considerations:

-your first burst is usually from behind, big damage, if you have like me a lot of WD, maybe a kill

-fleeing target, remember those anoying sorcs, teleporting away from fight, well now that s what causes their death ;P

- on a 2 on 1 situation, you can easily strike from behind, and the opponent has no way of knowing that it s you that hits like a truck

- big bus meets big bus, and you are just watching, and oh, there is an unnoticed healer giving a hard time to my faction, well believe me, if he survives your burst, he s gonna forget very quickly about his team mates ;P

-last but not least, I bought all the new cool sets from DB, took me a ton of time and money (about 250k per sets), and none of them were good enough for me, and than I decided to try it out, well guess what, I had only 10k left, I bought 3 stam jewlery and 2 impen armors, and still had a little money

I hope it helped, an I really hope taht you are an AD, and that all the people reading this tread are ADs :P
    Edited by Hibbou on June 27, 2016 6:22PM
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭

you can equip both, that s what I did, and don t forget that there is damage in the 5th bonus but also in the 4th bonus, only thing I regreat is that there doesn t seem to be purple jewlery, has anyone ever seen some?

PS: it does not "proc", if you hit from behind, your damage will be higher, it is counted in the damage calculation for example if you have 4.2k WD, if you hit someone from behind, it will be like if he took a 4.5k weapon damage attack
    you can check that by going behind an NPC, and going into your character sheet, you will briefly see the WD you have I say briefly, because when you go in your character sheet, your character turns around to face you, so you re not in position to attack the target anymore)
    Edited by Hibbou on June 27, 2016 5:25PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hibbou wrote: »

you can equip both, that s what I did, and don t forget that there is damage in the 5th bonus but also in the 4th bonus, only thing I regreat is that there doesn t seem to be purple jewlery, has anyone ever seen some?

I have never seen Epic, and I looked around extensively. I am 99% sure it only drops in Blue quality.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions all! I think I may try this out since I'm too poor to afford agility right now :p
    Vynist wrote: »

Thanks for your time.

1) Yes, that is correct.

2) I have not noticed a proc, and I am on console, so I don't have any add ons.

I was skeptical as to whether it would outperform the Leki's/Agility combo at first since the Jewelry currently only comes in Blue Quality.

However, I went and thumped a few mammoths in Wrothgar, and it was a noticeable increase in initial damage.

If I may ask, exactly how do you run your set up? I wanted to do the SRIBES build with the bow heavy attack into surprise attack then hitting control before it all hits to get back in stealth.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what does the set do?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably about as reliable as the counter-knife mechanic in bf4. Which for those of you who didn't play bf4 wasn't reliable in the slightest.
    PC | EU