The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Banker & Merchant

Jciampi
Jciampi
✭✭✭
I bought both the Banker & Merchant and love them. They make things much easier. Far less running around. Only things I'd like to see improve on them would be for the merchant to be able to repair your gear. I get that it would make dungeons easier. But for dropping $40 on it, It would be a nice feature to have. I'd also love if the banker could access my Guild Store and Guild bank. It's annoying having a banker but still needing to use a normal banker for things still. Should just be one stop shopping. In my opinion at least. Anyone else feel that way?
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those two things you want, like repairs and guild bank, are why people didn't buy them, besides the outrageous price, that's the MAIN reason why people dont buy those.

I would buy them if they repaired and also had accesst I the guild banks.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the 'lack of repair' option on the Merchant... remember, ZOS SELLS repair kits in the Crown Store... people wouldn't need to buy repair kits anymore if someone in the group had a Merchant. I think they also said that these two options weren't added so they didn't make city bankers and merchants irrelevant. They still want people to congregate in cities, and most of the time people do that for banker/Guild Trader access.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jciampi wrote: »
    I bought both the Banker & Merchant and love them. They make things much easier. Far less running around. Only things I'd like to see improve on them would be for the merchant to be able to repair your gear. I get that it would make dungeons easier. But for dropping $40 on it, It would be a nice feature to have. I'd also love if the banker could access my Guild Store and Guild bank. It's annoying having a banker but still needing to use a normal banker for things still. Should just be one stop shopping. In my opinion at least. Anyone else feel that way?

For the record: if you play on PC, you can get the Wykkyd Auto Repair add on. This will work with the merchant. The feature is still present, but there is no way to access it. The auto repair add on will automatically repair all of your gear when you use the summoned merchant. I don't know if they have "fixed" this yet, but as far as I know it still works.
    Edited by vyrusb23 on June 29, 2016 5:27PM
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    Should just be one stop shopping. In my opinion at least. Anyone else feel that way?

Given the price, I agree.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should just be one stop shopping. In my opinion at least. Anyone else feel that way?

Given the price, I agree.

This, and the fact that I HAVE to use those individuals as opposed to some other lackey who follows me around, are the reason I didn't purchase them. I'm not going to drop 80 dollars down and not have some creative input on the thing here. I'm more likely to purchase these if they give us more options in the future.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 I know a lot of people that would join me (I bought them already) and buy these, if they could repair and access guild stores/banks.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyrusb23 wrote: »
    For the record: if you play on PC, you can get the Wykkyd Auto Repair add on. This will work with the merchant. The feature is still present, but there is no way to access it. The auto repair add on will automatically repair all of your gear when you use the summoned merchant. I don't know if they have "fixed" this yet, but as far as I know it still works.

This actually DOES NOT work... just tried it. The merchant would not repair any of the armor I was wearing even though they all needed repairs.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****