The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to get 40k magicka?

dereck_phantom
I was wonder how to hit the 40k mark for max magicka without undaunted mettle? I'm struggling with food on my Templar I'm only at 30k and my mag NB I'm at 35 both high elves.

I would also like to know for Stam builds how to get at least 38 or higher as well I have redguards for Passives.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    i might be missing some but this is what i can think out of the top of my head.

Infused gear (in particular large pieces head, chest, legs)
    the mage mundos stone/ alt boosted whit devine gear.
    mage guild skills, Increases Max Magicka and Magicka Regeneration by 2% for each Mages Guild ability slotted (including mage guild ult whit Magica Controller passive
    Inner light - Max Magicka is increased by 2%

sets whit max magica buffs, in particular the willpower set that has a higher magica bonus than any other for just 2 pieces.

if you do not have any racial passive that does increase max magica (high elf/breton) you might have to boost it quite allot whit infused/devine gear

Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use sets that increase Magicka, namely 3 arcane willpower.

Double bar Inner light: At rank IV it will give 5% from the skill, and another 2% from the MG passive.

Meteor gives 2%

Another thing to consider is your amount of CP affects your max stat. Players at 501CP get a 18% multiplier on a portion of their max stat pool (Base+Gear+Att points). (The 18% bonus is applied before Food buffs).

Race is big too. You won't be able to hit the very high numbers without the correct race.

Also make sure you are comparing yourself to other Templar Builds. Mag NB and Mag Sorcs have class exclusive abilities that can drive their stats higher than Templars.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • zekeElite
    zekeElite
    ✭✭
    Wow 18% attributes from 501 CP?? I wonder what mine is at 201.... @MrTarkanian48 thank you for mentioning this- I can't hit the spell damage of some of the popular sorc builds so I've been a little confused/frustrated on why I can't hit the magicka either. Certainly helps to know this!
  • dereck_phantom
    18% that's crazy I only have like 320+ maybe is my reason
  • dereck_phantom
    zekeElite wrote: »
    Wow 18% attributes from 501 CP?? I wonder what mine is at 201.... @MrTarkanian48 thank you for mentioning this- I can't hit the spell damage of some of the popular sorc builds so I've been a little confused/frustrated on why I can't hit the magicka either. Certainly helps to know this!

Me neither man CP is EVERYTHING in this game
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial passive, 5/1/1 on armor, blue health/magicka food, arcane jewelry as well as head to toe max magicka enchants.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dereck_phantom @zekeElite

@Asayre has created a great resource which shows a lot of behind the scenes calculations here.

If you look in the "Stat Pool" spoiler, it shows a calculation for CPI.

If you are at 201 CP, that means you have 67 CP in the Blue Tree

CPI (201 CP) = 1+67^0.56432/100 = 0.117

I am unsure if and when the rounding occurs, but at 201 CP you would have around an 11.7% Max Magic increase applied to the gear you wear (this includes set bonuses and glyphs), Attribute Points, and Base Max Magicka (Base Mag and Stam is 8744)

320 CP is around a 14.9% increase.

I think at 501 cap it is actually around an 18.9% increase.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4