The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gap Closer Challenge to Zenimax

Some_Guy
Some_Guy
✭✭✭✭
Zenimax, are we still banning people who exploit, or did we give up on that? I have a screen shot with a player openly admitting to exploiting and saying that Zenimax isn't going to do anything about it. I also have a video of this exploit (using a gap closer to enter keeps and outposts through solid walls). They aren't even trying to hide it. An entire group charged into the outpost, none of the walls were down, nor was the door. I have subitted a report to Zenimax asking where they would like the video to be sent (if I had the editing skills I would post it with name edited out, so as not to "name and shame").
I invite Zenimax and any of their people to join my guild in our teamspeak and to run with us in PvP to see these exploits face-to-face. They are game breaking, and disheartening when the players can't see any response to these people who would so blatantly break Zenimax's rules.
We Wipe On Trash
Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Some_Guy on June 26, 2016 10:40PM
    We Wipe On Trash
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many NBs jumping walls that if you know you have to defend, you're better off just aiming all counter siege at your own walls before the actual siege even begins.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some_Guy wrote: »
    Zenimax, are we still banning people who exploit, or did we give up on that? I have a screen shot with a player openly admitting to exploiting and saying that Zenimax isn't going to do anything about it. I also have a video of this exploit (using a gap closer to enter keeps and outposts through solid walls). They aren't even trying to hide it. An entire group charged into the outpost, none of the walls were down, nor was the door. I have subitted a report to Zenimax asking where they would like the video to be sent (if I had the editing skills I would post it with name edited out, so as not to "name and shame").
    I invite Zenimax and any of their people to join my guild in our teamspeak and to run with us in PvP to see these exploits face-to-face. They are game breaking, and disheartening when the players can't see any response to these people who would so blatantly break Zenimax's rules.

You see that from a false perspective, it's not really the case that someone is trying to exploit mechanics, the charge is a simple core mechanic and is THAT broken for so long now.

There are cases where players are to blame because of abusing mechanics but this is a 100% zenimax.
    A pvp coremechanic not working for almost half a year.... and now u teleport if u want it or not, in the other cases u can't even charge anything.

So if Zenimax would now start to bann people for just pushing button #1 or something like that is not the way to go.
    You don't have to do weird stuff to exploit it, u just have to push the button 1 time and u fly into the enemy.
    At this stage i wouldn't call that exploit anymore, we need a new word for that.

I had a break for some time now but yesterday i was fighting at an outpost and 1 guy stood on the wall, i just wanted to know what happens if i try to charge him and shwoooop, i flew on top of the outpost.

I was giggling and butchered everyone inside that outpost.
    Of course it was wrong because if everyone did it, it would ruin pvp for everyone... just as zergs do.
    But on the other side, there is Zenimax responsibility to fix a coremechanic and they had so much time and din't care at all.
    Such a thing usually is hotfixed but not here.
    Edited by Mumyo on June 28, 2016 9:33AM
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between accidentally using a broken ability and exploiting a broken ability on purpose. As seen in the image, the user knew the ability was broken and chose to exploit it anywa, even stating that they are abusing it. Abusing it. It wasn't just one accidental cast, it was an entire group, and they knew what they were doing.
    I have used things that were broken before, and upon finding that they were broken I submitted a bug report, and stopped using the broken ability. I remember when the DK leap and ambush could be used to tab target guards inside a keep or outpost. I reported it has broken and avoided tab targeting guards through solid walls so as not to purposefully exploit these clearly broken abilities.
    The video that I have (which I know you can't see because I don't know how to edit out the names) shows an entire raid jumping into the uppermost part of an outpost, not just in one single accidental cast, but over and over a period of time. The conversation in the image took place after this event, and the player clearly indicated that they knew they were abusing a broken ability.
    We Wipe On Trash
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrecking Blow CC through CC immunity was also an exploit. Same with Reverberating Bash. Spamming Focused Aim to get that legendary "Dead Man Walking" kill? Exploit. Hell, even animation cancelling is strictly an exploit.
    I get annoyed on my sorc when I have to chase down NBs and DKs because my people just couldn't resist shooting from walls instead of putting up siege, luring in gap closers. But ban those people because they use what the game is giving them? Well, how about we ban zergers first? Then the people who use the OP FOTM class. That's also exploiting of AoE caps and stuff.
    This is ZOS's fault, they have the responsibility to fix it. Should they ban anyone for jumping into keeps, they could prepare to get their butts kicked from big brother Bethesda. Not happening.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's Zenimax's fault for not forcing players to play "the right way"? I guess it's their fault for allowing 3rd party applications to give god-mode, and since it's their fault and not ours, we can't be blamed for using it.
    Focused Aim isn't an exploit, it's just ridiculously overpowered. Animation Canceling was addressed in an ESO live as "unintended, but welcome" and not an exploit.
    Arguably, wrecking blow and reverberating bash were also ridiculously overpowered (I would certainly say they were), but were "necessary parts of a build" and players didn't have to go out of their way to exploit their overpowered abilities. Focusing upward on a player 30+ feet above you to "jump" to them with an ability not intended to do that? Not exactly the same thing. I could possibly see Dragon Leap being allowed to do that, and MAYBE Teleport Strike (because it's a "leap" and a "teleport"), but charges that are meant for ground fighting? Nah.
    Either way, Zenimax will decide.
    We Wipe On Trash
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a general rule for gamers, if someone enjoys doing something, it's NEVER an exploit. It's sort like a criminal saying "If you had better security I wouldn't have to rob you"
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately OP, you will find there are many people who absolve themselves of any personal responsibility for many various flimsy reasons. Such as (but not limited to):

1. "It's ZoS's job to fix everything"
    2. "Others are doing it, so I have to do it too"
    3. "They won't ban me so it must be fine"
    4. "It's not an exploit it's a bug!" and other various semantics designed to obfuscate their true actions and intentions

Many people will cheat if they believe they can get away with it. However most people don't like to see themselves as cheaters so they will run through a list (like the one above) to feel better about themselves.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Unfortunately OP, you will find there are many people who absolve themselves of any personal responsibility for many various flimsy reasons. Such as (but not limited to):

1. "It's ZoS's job to fix everything"
    2. "Others are doing it, so I have to do it too"
    3. "They won't ban me so it must be fine"
    4. "It's not an exploit it's a bug!" and other various semantics designed to obfuscate their true actions and intentions

Many people will cheat if they believe they can get away with it. However most people don't like to see themselves as cheaters so they will run through a list (like the one above) to feel better about themselves.

The levels of rationalization are always amusing though..."ban zergers" seen above is a very strange attempt to equate abusing a broken skill willfully to people moving in the same direction. Yeah, those two are the same.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's the mechanics! It's ZOS! I can't help it if I have to use it!"
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS in PvP? I think we can all agree that ZOS will never PvP with us. You saw how badly the dev played during ESO Live, not to mention the surprised look on @Wrobel 's face at the poison damage numbers. I doubt they play the game anywhere else than their "controlled-environment" test systems.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS in PvP? I think we can all agree that ZOS will never PvP with us. You saw how badly the dev played during ESO Live, not to mention the surprised look on @Wrobel 's face at the poison damage numbers. I doubt they play the game anywhere else than their "controlled-environment" test systems.

The "surprised look" was because the stupid death recap puts all ticks together and he probably (like 90% of the playerbase) believed it was all one big hit.

TBH poisons have hardly had any effect on most peoples gameplay.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "surprised look" was because the stupid death recap puts all ticks together and he probably (like 90% of the playerbase) believed it was all one big hit.

Fight starts, full stamina...0.5 seconds in, no stamina. Yeah, poisons are inconsequential.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Either way, it shows the combat director's general ignorance of a critical component of PvP. Ignoring @Wrobel 's obvious ignorance, the fact remains that Kyle had no clue what he was doing in PvP, which speaks volumes as to their utter lack of playing this game when it matters - against other players in primetime conditions.
  • hairahcas
    hairahcas
    ✭✭
    Bottom line is that it needs to be fixed asap.... clearly not something that is supposed to be part of the game (or is it?) You can't blame players when this defect is so obvious and only takes one press of a button. It's going to happen all the time in a big chaotic battle regardless. Everyone knows about it, yet they aren't doing anything. The only conclusion is they must want it as part of PvP?
    Playstation 4 NA
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭

They could throw potatoes at the players for all I care lol, I just want them to see through personal experience what it's like being on the receiving end of people exploiting, especially to the extent of an entire group (10-15, maybe more, I didn't count) all jumping 30+ feet almost directly up into an outpost from the front porch.
    Maybe (and I know this is stretching optimism) if they see the frustration up close, they'll be more.... motivated (?) to do something about it before "the next content update".
    Edited by Some_Guy on June 28, 2016 6:21PM
    We Wipe On Trash
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They could throw potatoes at the players for all I care lol, I just want them to see through personal experience what it's like being on the receiving end of people exploiting, especially to the extent of an entire group (10-15, maybe more, I didn't count) all jumping 30+ feet almost directly up into an outpost from the front porch.
    Maybe (and I know this is stretching optimism) if they see the frustration up close, they'll be more.... motivated (?) to do something about it before "the next content update".

"We, at Zenimax, understand how frustrating this has been for some of you . . . have you seen the brand-new really cool items in the Crown Store?"
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never needed a "lol" button more than I need it right now...
    We Wipe On Trash
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go :D
    y7IJp4XUUy4HCIPM9tYgB4Qo05yxU-5F0ZNJUq3aIk03l-ig1UIJ2lgi3n3QGwf0mRs1=w300
    Edited by Van_0S on June 28, 2016 6:31PM
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

Here you go :D
    y7IJp4XUUy4HCIPM9tYgB4Qo05yxU-5F0ZNJUq3aIk03l-ig1UIJ2lgi3n3QGwf0mRs1=w300

So much yes
    We Wipe On Trash
  • vpadget9592b14_ESO
    DAOC use to have wall climbing in certain points on keep. Made it very fun defending against stealth during raids. I play a blazing Shield Templar and love the surprise when someone jumps me as I port in. Lol. But I'm sure it's not fun to squishy classes.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    it would ruin pvp for everyone... just as zergs do.

Are we playing the same game? confused24.gif

Last time i checked, this was AvAvA which by definition has zergs. They are part of the game. This isn't 1v1 PvP.
    poke.gif
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAOC use to have wall climbing in certain points on keep. Made it very fun defending against stealth during raids. I play a blazing Shield Templar and love the surprise when someone jumps me as I port in. Lol. But I'm sure it's not fun to squishy classes.

I wouldn't oppose a wall scaling mechanic, with a way for a faction to be aware of it, and an adequate counter to it. But this isn't that.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I wouldn't oppose a wall scaling mechanic, with a way for a faction to be aware of it, and an adequate counter to it. But this isn't that.

I would also agree with that. If there were an ability designed to do that, that players were aware of. Unfortunately I fully believe people would find a way to exploit it too.
    Maybe better to have a skill that forces a player down from a wall (like DK chains, but available through the Assault line, so as to be available to all classes).
    We Wipe On Trash
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares, Dk can do it for 2 years, no one bats an eyelid. Nb do it, everyone loses their mind.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Who cares, Dk can do it for 2 years, no one bats an eyelid. Nb do it, everyone loses their mind.

DK is an ultimate and thus non-spammable, and as I said about, personally, I could see DK and NB as being able to do something LIKE this because of the description of the ability: "leap" and "teleport". Especially if it's nearly level, just across a gap (from a hill near a resource tower into the tower), but straight up 30+ feet...? Eh, I gotta go with no on that, otherwise what's the point in having walls at all?
    But if we're going to be fair, I suppose either give it to them all, or to none at all.
    We Wipe On Trash
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

I never minded the DK leap...it looked great, it looked like it made sense with the wings and all, and they jumped from roughly the same height. In my experience it was an occasional, and interesting mechanic added to siege.

Nowadays, 20 NB's show up and they're instantly inside the keep or outpost.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is doing it. So there's only one response. Troll them.

I got a couple of friends and setup death traps during a siege. We dropped three sets of mines down, then we lured some poor moron up by looking like a helpless newbie sorc hard casting frags. We got a long robe sorc as juicy bait, Stam guys can't resist light armor targets. They don't want to admit that the sorc class is f***ed and most are easy kills, but they still do it and laugh to themselves.

Then the poor victim hits three sets of mines, and three guys hit him with overload before he can land and react. The mines go off, they die every time.

/say Trololol enjoy the horse ride!
    Edited by Minalan on July 2, 2016 3:29PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Everyone is doing it. So there's only one response. Troll them.

I got a couple of friends and setup death traps during a siege. We dropped three sets of mines down, then we lured some poor moron up by looking like a helpless newbie sorc hard casting frags. We got a long robe sorc as juicy bait, Stam guys can't resist light armor targets. They don't want to admit that the sorc class is f***ed and most are easy kills, but they still do it and laugh to themselves.

Then the poor victim hits three sets of mines, and three guys hit him with overload before he can land and react. The mines go off, they die every time.

/say Trololol enjoy the horse ride!

So much awesome
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well throwing this out there but my problem with gap closer is how they don't work...

Try to shield assault some one up a small foot hill invalid location.
    Try to scorpion chain some one to me going down a hill target is to high/low.
    Try to dragon leap off a keep and body slam onto some one invalid location yet I can jump up into a keep with it.

I just wanna body slam on players again .... that's all I cry for T~T