The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

*[Idea] Crown Store Motif

Paazhahdrimaak
Paazhahdrimaak
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a thought ESO, a Limited edition crown store only motif, one not farmable in game, available for a short amount of time.

I think this is an awesome idea, like it can be a yearly thing that comes out around the ESO anniversary or something. Hopefully different every year of course.

They make limited edition mounts, so why not motifs? Make them require crown mimic stones, so the people who buy the limited motif will have to buy more mimic stones.

*ESO marketing team I think this could be a goldmine ;)

I would like to hear all of your thoughts.

Thanks
-Paaz
Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on June 26, 2016 7:23PM
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    While definitely possible, I don't think they'd do it simply based on the fact that buying motifs from the crown store has been a convenience thing, not something isolated behind a paywall. Though it is definitely possible, i would be very disappointed if it came true.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marque
    They already release things behind a pay wall.
    All them fancy mounts, no way to earn flashy mounts, not matter how much I wish there was.
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    You are right, however mounts are a little different I believe. There hasn't been any real way to earn mounts besides the very basic ones present in the basic game. Also, they don't pertain to a much larger system that is crafting that isn't behind a paywall, and could begin to move that direction should they release crown store only motifs.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought it would be a fun idea,

Like being in game a year from now, seeing someone rocking the 2016 crown store armor, while your anticipating the release of the 2017 crown store armor.

Just to have more rarities roaming about.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like this idea, tbh...something worthy of spending my crowns on.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Avidspark

Haha maybe they can make one SIMILAR to akaviri for you. :P

Just messing man.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry guys. Lol
    Is it all my fault?
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on April 21, 2018 6:40PM
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭
    Im sorry guys. Lol
    Is it all my fault?

You now bear the full responsibility for this, sorry pal. :')
    Edited by Mixith on April 21, 2018 6:49PM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixith wrote: »
    Im sorry guys. Lol
    Is it all my fault?

@Mixith
    I made this post back when i had what i thought was an unkillable love for this game and its single player brothers.

Before the days of crates..
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭
    Mixith wrote: »
    Im sorry guys. Lol
    Is it all my fault?

@Mixith
    I made this post back when i had what i thought was an unkillable love for this game and its single player brothers.

Before the days of crates..

I did indeed notice that, may i ask how the unkillable love is doing? Must have been a nice place before the crates...
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mixith
    Im not as optimistic about the ESO's future, i used to post a lot, and a lot of my suggestions eventually came into future updates, im not saying they did it because of my posts, but even if it was brought up because of me that'd be cool.
    I still love the elder scrolls games, been playing for 15 years, not going to stop, but im very hesitant in buying crates. I miss when it was just limited monthly stuff.
    I dont want to develop and virtual gambling problem. Lol

Cheers guys
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought ESO, a Limited edition crown store only motif, one not farmable in game, available for a short amount of time.

I think this is an awesome idea, like it can be a yearly thing that comes out around the ESO anniversary or something. Hopefully different every year of course.

They make limited edition mounts, so why not motifs? Make them require crown mimic stones, so the people who buy the limited motif will have to buy more mimic stones.

*ESO marketing team I think this could be a goldmine ;)

I would like to hear all of your thoughts.

Thanks
    -Paaz

Awful, awful idea that only appeals to whales. 'Exotic' motifs are charged a premium of 5000 crowns each, if this was a time limited once in a life time opportunity to grab it would probably be logical to chuck another premium on top of that for 'exclusivity'. Its an utterly nonsense approach to take which excludes 99% of the player base whilst simultaneously pisses off that 99%. Goodwill buys a lot of leeway, and I think Zo$ cash grabbery lately has built up a lot of frustration and anger. If Summerset doesn't deliver I think a fair bit of that will come out.

Fair play for trying to think of new ideas but I really don't think Zo$ should be encouraged to participate in price gouging through FOMO (fear of missing out). Its morally bankrupt.

I do have an idea, do a promotion with a company that offers a free code attached to purchases of that product, e.g. Monster Energy, purchase a can and have a chance of getting a code for an outfit or something. Gains money through encouraging ESO users to purchase that particular product.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stewart1874

Dude look at the date it was origanally posted. Lol i made it long ago, i brought it back up as a joke

But i agree with what your sayn
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on April 22, 2018 4:11AM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stewart1874

Dude look at the date it was origanally posted. Lol i made it long ago, i brought it back up as a joke

But i agree with what your sayn

:D
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion