The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Champion 160 armor

DarkMoonRising25
DarkMoonRising25
Soul Shriven
I just found out about the inability to craft above Champion 160 armor and that it is 150 ingots (135 more than champion 150) per piece of armor. I feel personally attacked by the game developers. Why are they picking on people who have been playing since Day 1? Why make it impossible to afford ingots to craft armor for champion 160? And what happens after that? As a healer crafter, I can barely kill anything PVE in the Champion 160 area now with the lower level armor. How on earth will I finish quests with under rated armor at higher quest lines? Why are you punishing us? I just want to understand.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc crafter runs around in broken v1 armor and has no issues dealing with trash mobs even in craglorn. If you're struggling, it's probably your build. In an event, v14 or v15 armor is cheap to make and has 5% stat difference from v16 armor.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on June 26, 2016 2:22AM
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol?
    2k rubedite ingots per stack of 200
    nerf mdk
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    You have been playing since day one and don't have enough mats for this? Also, if you have been playing since day one why is your character just getting to cp160? I think the only problem in this is that you haven't actually PLAYED this game....
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have been playing since day one and don't have enough mats for this? Also, if you have been playing since day one why is your character just getting to cp160? I think the only problem in this is that you haven't actually PLAYED this game....

He didn't say anywhere that he just reached 160 CP only that he can't seem to get enough mats to craft 160 CP gear.

Although I am a little perplexed how is he not able to find enough material especially with Dark Brotherhood opening new avenues of resources for the base game. With no DLC's you can get Ancestral Silk, Ruby Ore, and Ruby Wood nodes in Cyrodiil, while you can gather Ruby Leather Scraps in group dungeons like Wayrest Sewers. Treasure chests in all the 160/Gold zones give 140-160CP items to deconstruct AND now have Briarheart, Trinimac, and Pariah sets available in them at 150/160 CP to substitute your slots. Dolmen Anchors, outside of Cyrodiil, in the 160/Gold zones now have the Lich set in their drop tables.

If you can't kill anything with your current character, leveling a new character from 3 to 50 can take 5-7 days with all training gear, no exp scrolls or ambrosia required.
  • DarkMoonRising25
    DarkMoonRising25
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I just reached 160 cp. I don't have materials because I was a vet level 7 pve player and I was not in the area where voidstone or rubedite were. I've been crafting sets for other players using my materials and helping others level up starter characters in the game. Rubedite ore is 20k per 200, and I'm not a sorcerer, I'm a healer. My build was doing fine on vet level 7 characters.
  • DarkMoonRising25
    DarkMoonRising25
    Soul Shriven
    And FYI I'm not a he. I'm a she.
  • DarkMoonRising25
    DarkMoonRising25
    Soul Shriven
    I don't play in Cyrodil or in the DLC areas. I'm trying to finish the quest line and my friends I play with are on low level characters. So my vet plays alone.
  • DarkMoonRising25
    DarkMoonRising25
    Soul Shriven
    The friends I started the game with all quit. But the point is not how to make me adjust to the game, I'll just quit if I can't finish the game. The point is that the armor spike is punitive to people that gain ten champion points. And I want to know why.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Top-end gear is expensive to craft because the developers wanted crafted gear and dropped gear to have similar levels of difficulty to acquire it. It's tough when you're just starting to gather the appropriate mats, but here's a secret: just make cp150 gear instead.

With the exception of weapons, the difference between cp150 and cp160 gear is vanishingly small. If you want to run trials or hardmode vet dungeons then maybe you need to min/max a bit, but if you're still leveling through silver and gold then cp150 should be more than you need.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do not need CP160 armour, improved CP150 is sufficient. I have had one CP160 (V16) player for a few months and the only CP160 gear she has ever used has been monster sets, jewelry sets and weapons.

With the Vet removal I have gone from having a single CP160 character to five - there is no way I would even consider making them all CP160 armour. I definitely have sufficient gold to buy all the materials I would need but do not see enough benefit in it to justify it.

@Lord_Legion - I am not sure what platform you are on but the patch has sent the cost and availability of crafting material haywire on PS4 NA. If you are seeing 200 rubedite ingots available for 2k you are not shopping where I shop!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just found out about the inability to craft above Champion 160 armor and that it is 150 ingots (135 more than champion 150) per piece of armor. I feel personally attacked by the game developers. Why are they picking on people who have been playing since Day 1? Why make it impossible to afford ingots to craft armor for champion 160? And what happens after that? As a healer crafter, I can barely kill anything PVE in the Champion 160 area now with the lower level armor. How on earth will I finish quests with under rated armor at higher quest lines? Why are you punishing us? I just want to understand.

PERSONALLY ATTACKED
    BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh god im dying
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    @Lord_Legion - I am not sure what platform you are on but the patch has sent the cost and availability of crafting material haywire on PS4 NA. If you are seeing 200 rubedite ingots available for 2k you are not shopping where I shop!
    ^this. I am on PS4 as well and I was lucky to find 200 rubedite leather for 800. Every kiosk I checked the price was 15k-50k. Same with the ingots. Cheapest I was able to find on those were 10k for 200
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    10k isn't bad for 200 Rubedite, especially with the new prosperous trait helping gold finding nowadays
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I just reached 160 cp. I don't have materials because I was a vet level 7 pve player and I was not in the area where voidstone or rubedite were. I've been crafting sets for other players using my materials and helping others level up starter characters in the game. Rubedite ore is 20k per 200, and I'm not a sorcerer, I'm a healer. My build was doing fine on vet level 7 characters.

I have two DKs, both are CP160. One has CP150 Purple Gear and one has CP160 Gold Gear. They both do just fine in the game, the DPS between them is not all that different. CP160 armor is kind of underwhelming (which is why I have only one set, and I have the mats to make two or three more sets if I wanted)

What you do want are CP160 Weapons, Improved to Gold, that is a significant difference over CP150 weapons of the same improvement. Just make CP150 Armor, improve it to Purple (Gold if you want, but no real need for that)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    Rubedite ore is 20k per 200...

I think you're searching guild traders for RAW material...which is 10x more expensive because refining it usually gets you several high level tempers that would sell for 7k-12k each.

There are now three DLC zones with fully scaled materials; I find myself tripping over all the V150-V160 stuff. Even if you don't have the DLC, that surplus has brought the price of these mats down to 2k-4k for full stacks.

I agree that the 10x jump from V150 to V160 is baffling...I'd happily spend those mats if the resulting armor was WAY better than V150, but it just isn't. It feels more like a punishment than a reward.

But I still didn't take it personally...if I could only make V160 armor with "F**kSpideySorc Ingots", then yeah, I'd be a little offended.

Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

You could always do top level writs once a day and you will start getting surplus mats from the surveys, then there are also the tempers you get which are more expensive than the mats.
    Edited by bryanhaas on June 29, 2016 5:14PM
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »
    Rubedite ore is 20k per 200...

I think you're searching guild traders for RAW material...which is 10x more expensive because refining it usually gets you several high level tempers that would sell for 7k-12k each.

@Daishichi , at the moment on PS4 NA, 20k is about the starting price for the top tier clothing materials, not the raw material. If you travel to every guild trader throughout the land you can get lucky but in general it is the about the same everywhere.

I am lucky that I have a sufficient stockpile for my own needs and writs but I still make a point of checking every guild trader I come across and stock up if the prices are good. If I only bought up when I needed it I would spend a fortune on it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily farm 400 silk or rubedite in an hour in Hews Bane. So well under 2 hours and you've got yourself a 5 pc set.
    Edited by Eshelmen on June 30, 2016 11:53AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The leather is by far the hardest to "farm" efficiently as you do have to kill to obtain it. On the Gold Coast I can farm about 100 raw leather scraps an hour running around killing wolves, lions, and anything else that moves. During that time I also harvested tons of ore and silk as well as several chests and alchemy mats.

You just have to be patient and it will come .

I'm still not sure it's even worth it to make the gear or just sell the mats 160 crafted gear is not really enough better than 150 gear to justify the mat usage, and I have NO trouble killing normal stuff in the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the gear, but I don't see a ton of return on the investment in mats.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong about the gear, but I don't see a ton of return on the investment in mats.

Unless your chasing Leaderboard times in Trials or want parity in PvP, CP150 is all you need.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lairdruari
    lairdruari
    Soul Shriven
    I just came back after not playing since Feb 2015. I had top gear at the time crafted by me with Nirnhoned enchants. My current gear is now rated CP 140. It seems they nerfed Nirnhoned while I was gone because the old enchant is greater than the current. I'm in Wrothgar and doing just fine with my old gear. Before hitting Wrothgar I took a stroll through Craglorn to collect mats. It's pretty easy to find the new stuff, but it did take a bit to relearn how to play. The new mats are not 20k for 200. You may need to look around other guild stores for the best price. I found Ancestor's Silk at 7200k for 200 and 10k after that. I run a dual spec as a Sorcerer/Healer. Before I rediscovered that I was running around with my Resto staff and still killing baddies just fine. Perhaps it is your build?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro. OP probably doesn't even play anymore.