The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How is Heavy Armor doing?

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Like the title asks, how is Heavy armor doing these days? (specifically for PvP) I was thinking of making a character with a HA build, but I have no idea if HA is worth using in PvP atm.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G.r.e.a.t
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the build, play style, and situation. I have few gear setups the aoe tanking one is really nice I can basically just sit in aoe as it reduces aoe damage by nearly 80%. When used in conjunction with debuffs it can get opposing groups of players killed who rely on mostly aoe damage.

One of dps setups I can get to 27.9k health with 30k stam, 1.49k stam recovery, 3819 weapon damage and 30% weapon crit. And still maintain about 24.9k resistance (on both) and 1.4k crit Resistance. The build is kind of new so I am still adjusting to it's play style.

The tank health regeneration setups are fun if you want to mess with people a bit. Using one of mine I stalemated a few fights for about 5-10min; which resulted in the persons involved sending me colorful tells.

Heavy setups can make the evening quite entertaining.
    Edited by umagon on June 25, 2016 8:23PM
  • Lisbette
    Lisbette
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Like the title asks, how is Heavy armor doing these days? (specifically for PvP)

it's good
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    It depends on the build, play style, and situation. I have few gear setups the aoe tanking one is really nice I can basically just sit in aoe as it reduces aoe damage by nearly 80%. When used in conjunction with debuffs it can get opposing groups of players killed who rely on mostly aoe damage.

One of dps setups I can get to 27.9k health with 30k stam, 1.49k stam recovery, 3819 weapon damage and 30% weapon crit. And still maintain about 24.9k resistance (on both) and 1.4k crit Resistance. The build is kind of new so I am still adjusting to it's play style.

The tank health regeneration setups are fun if you want to mess with people a bit. Using one of mine I stalemated a few fights for about 5-10min; which resulted in the persons involved sending me colorful tells.

that.... pretty good. its new you say?

How many CPs do you have and in what areas?
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a related note, is it possible to build an effective Magicka tank around Heavy Armor with 1HD-Shield as a primary weapon?
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    I like it on my stam dk
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    umagon wrote: »

that.... pretty good. its new you say?

How many CPs do you have and in what areas?

The dps one? Yes, I sort of finalized some things with it a few days ago. Before getting into the build I want to point out I made it to be more of a skirmisher build. It’s not exactly made for one vs one or large groups. It’s a lone nomad play style. It utilizes bloodthrist to deal damage while healing and shrouded daggers for a damage buff and ranged multi-target execute. Dawnbreaker is used to assist in the execution phase of the engagement, if need be. The stun triggers ruffian and the target’s low health triggers slaughter which at 3.8k+ weapon damage just becomes overkill. One bloodthrist or shrouded dagger usually ends the fight at that point if they aren’t already dead from the dawnberaker.

The sets: 2x Molag kena heavy, 5x Hunding’s range heavy, 5x Marksman’s

Weapons: 2x Marksman’s maces 1x Marksman’s bow

Bar 1: Ambush, Bloodthirst, Radiant Magelight, Shrouded Daggers, Resolving Vigor, Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Bar 2: Venom Arrow, Mass Hysteria, Radiant Magelight, Razor Caltrops, Resolving Vigor, Shooting Star

My champ points are set to benefit a variety of builds I use; I tend to switch out builds based on the situation.

Champ 465: Tumbling 39, Mooncalf 27, Healthy 43, Warlord 46, Heavy Armor Focus 39, Hardy 27, Elemental
    Defender 27, Thick Skinned 11, Resistant 12, Spell Shield 39, Mighty 75, Thaumaturge 48, Shattering Blows 30, Blessed 2.

Some of the combo chains:
    Ambush> Shrouded Daggers>Bloodthrist
    Ambush> Shrouded Daggers>2x light attacks>Bloodthrist
    Radiant Magelight>Shrouded Daggers
    Radiant Magelight> Dawnbreaker of Smiting> Shrouded Daggers or Bloodthrist
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Blackrose/5 Fury on stam DK

go to town on people

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Br 3 marks 3 agi. The best armor set i think I've ever run.
  • Ashnunn
    Ashnunn
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to take down a HA mTemplar healer who is specced out right (without the cheese malabeth) can be quite difficult

CP 561
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im running on magplar with 5ha/2la and can say its tanky but it depends on your oponent, stamina user can stack weapon dmg, crit chance and penetration so high that you can still get 7-9k shots while dealing much less dmg... I regret that i have choosen way of the magica again as stamina is much more efective especialy when you go 1v1.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashnunn wrote: »
    Trying to take down a HA mTemplar healer who is specced out right (without the cheese malabeth) can be quite difficult

Harder with Malubeth ; )

I switched to heavy armor this update cause it seemed like I was getting shredded through in my light armor. My magtemp pulls up to 3600 crit resist with each base resist around 26-29K. HA with a now functional Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm is an unbelievably good setup.

When I use my Clever Alchemist HA I push around 4K spell power with those same resists.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    Ashnunn wrote: »

https://youtu.be/f-JXCCTiAHM

Heavy armor is great on magplar.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving it on my nord stam sorc. 40k hp, 2k health regen, 27k stamina and once I'm crit and hit for a couple seconds in at 4k weapon damage with passive and fury set. Snb and dw plus sorc and other skills give me 5 heals and dark deal is plenty for stamina regen with the Constitution passive. My stam regen is only 757.. never have an issue.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry 1.7k health regen
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my templar using alcasts build, it's fun watching 6+ people go to town on your and finally run out of stamina, only to start throw 2k SA at you, then you get out of the cc, 1 BoL = full hp, 1 repentance = full stamina.

It's an actual aids build.

But i've seen some tanky builds, you do lose quite a bit of dmg whether your stam or magicka though just via penetration/crits/etc...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...