The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Can I get some tips on enchanting boosting?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Levelling up enchanting is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it. I've been levelling it steadily since a few months ago (doing the writs, translating new runes when they became available, deconstructing any glyphs I found questing, etc.), and I've only managed to level it to 25. I'd try to level it up faster by crafting a whole bunch of glyphs, but I get a ridiculously small amount of XP per glyph and I run out of mats super quick.

I've decided that the best way to proceed would be to find a boosting partner.

There are two things I'd like some help with. The first is getting a boosting partner, the second is the most efficient boosting strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I do have people in guilds that could probably help, but whenever I've asked they either don't respond at all or they tell me that they're busy.

So anyways, I just want some tips on how to get a reliable boosting partner. Is there a location in-game where people looking for a partner tend to hang out? Would continuing to try guilds be the best bet? Is there a website I can go where I'd be able to find one?

I would also like to know if it would be feasible to get all the way from 25 to 50 in one boosting session, and around how many glyphs it'd take to get that far. Also, do glyphs of better quality give more XP when deconstructed? If so, how much more and is it worth using the better aspect runes for?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on June 25, 2016 6:05PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In EP i go to Riften the bank and enchanting abut each other. You might want to try a zone above your level to find more experienced enchanters.

A level 150 glyph in greenor blue will do wonders for the crafting level.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling enchanting is actually not that hard, all you need is two chars:

Make the best purple glyphs you can on one character and decon them on another. Then do the same vice versa.
    That way both get inspiration and you will be at 50 for both of them in no time.
    Do NOT waste any level 10 potency runes on this, going up to level 9 is more than adequate.

You can buy stacks of 200 high level potency runes and rekuta in guild stores for reasonable amounts of gold.

bye1.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 25, 2016 7:07PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here's all the raw data if you want to make a mathematical choice on which runes get best IP per cost.

craft-decon-ip-data-for-dark-botherhood-dlc-as-of-patch-2-4-6t

The IP per skill level charts at the bottom will tell you exactly how much IP you need for each new level. Just choose a glyph that is affordable and divide by the IP return.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Leveling enchanting is actually not that hard, all you need is two chars:

Make the best purple glyphs you can on one character and decon them on another. Then do the same vice versa.
    That way both get inspiration and you will be at 50 for both of them in no time.
    Do NOT waste any level 10 potency runes on this, going up to level 9 is more than adequate.

You can buy stacks of 200 high level potency runes and rekuta in guild stores for reasonable amounts of gold.

bye1.gif

So I basically make my own boosting partner?

It might take a while due to the time it'll take to go to the bank, log out, log back in and stuff. I'll definitely consider it if I can't find an actual boosting partner.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I worked with a friend on my first character, making and mailing glyphs to each other for deconstruction. Once you have a character levelled it is relatively easy to level any alts by giving them all the glyphs your main finds for deconstruction. As they will always be of a higher level than your newer character, the XP return is good.

The trick is to always make or deconstruct the highest level items you can. Don't bother deconstructing what you make with the same character, the XP return is very low. This principle also applies to all other crafts.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When working with an Enchanting Buddy, make and decon Green glyphs. Don't bother with White glyphs at all. Blues offer more EXP both creating and deconning, but it's not linear, and Greens will give you the most bang for your buck. Plus, Jejota's are cheap as chips.
    Edited by Pomaikai on June 27, 2016 5:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I basically make my own boosting partner?

It might take a while due to the time it'll take to go to the bank, log out, log back in and stuff. I'll definitely consider it if I can't find an actual boosting partner.

Yes, and this is so much easier than send Glyphs back and forth 6 at a time between you and another player.

I decon Looted Glyphs* up until about L25 in Enchanting, then use Denata based Glyphs up to L35 or so, then use Rekuta Based Glyphs to take me to 48. Once there, I learn all the Runes I don't know yet, then if I need to make up any difference I make a few more Purples to top off the skill.

*Higher end glyphs I loot from Mobs. I don't use Truly Superbs unless my Extraction is maxed as I want those Repora's.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget to level that Enchanter Hireling along the way. Free Runes! And at L50 10/10 free CP150 and CP160 Potency Runes.
    Edited by SpAEkus on June 27, 2016 5:33PM