The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live Twitch Chat Moderation

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am curious, does the chat get moderated at all? because in the previous ESO Live, certain players were spamming "what about pvp" in the chat throughout the whole thing, and I was surprised that they didn't get banned/muted or anything.

It reminds me of why I dislike to call myself a 'PvPer' because of these people.
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the AOE caps thing a few months ago, I stopped watching the chat if they failed to provide moderation during the stream.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the AOE caps thing a few months ago, I stopped watching the chat if they failed to provide moderation during the stream.

Yeah, it's so immature. I'd like AOE caps removed. I'd like updates and fixes to PvP too, but I don't pointlessly spam the chat. I think I'll turn the chat off from now on too, unless there's a competition.
    Edited by Molag_Crow on June 25, 2016 4:56PM
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're trying to be the squeaky, annoying, immature wheel.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! I can't believe there is a thread that complains about this ?!
    How absurd! :D
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey IMO everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion especially about PVP with this Dev team.The make drastic one sided changes to class balance.I would ask about PVP as well.They used to be more strict if you even mentioned AOE caps you would get banned from the chat or at least message removed back in the day.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just close the chat
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some kind of moderation because posts were being zapped during last night's top secret ESO Live: So Secret We Didn't Tell You It Was Happening edition.

I think the real question is: why do Zenimax continue to dodge the legitimate hard questions that get asked in chat?
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom even stated that they wouldn't be talking about any new PvP content and that the Battlegrounds were still on their way, but it wasn't going to be in Update 11. People just continued spamming that question about PvP regardless.

I don't know if anyone was actively moderating the Twitch chat, but they do have bots that take care of spammers. It's just a ton of different people jumping on the bandwagon to say they were on it, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edited by Korozenn on June 25, 2016 5:26PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Hey IMO everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion especially about PVP with this Dev team.The make drastic one sided changes to class balance.I would ask about PVP as well.They used to be more strict if you even mentioned AOE caps you would get banned from the chat or at least message removed back in the day.

Yes voicing your opinion is one thing but constantly spamming the same thing even though they already said they were not going to talk about PvP is just immature and annoying. Same reason I never look at chat anymore.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    There's some kind of moderation because posts were being zapped during last night's top secret ESO Live: So Secret We Didn't Tell You It Was Happening edition.

I think the real question is: why do Zenimax continue to dodge the legitimate hard questions that get asked in chat?

Well, its because they don't have answer for that question, now!
    So, their reply will be like this " Yes, we know...." and that's it. :D
    Edited by Van_0S on June 25, 2016 5:35PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it came out of nowhere. No heads up, just remained TBD until they just suddenly decide to stream it. Due to how long it is between streams people stopped asking about when the next one is here so they didn't have that to reply to either. They probably only mentioned it on reddit or something...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed Eso live, did they mention anything about pvp performance fixes?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    I am curious, does the chat get moderated at all? because in the previous ESO Live, certain players were spamming "what about pvp" in the chat throughout the whole thing, and I was surprised that they didn't get banned/muted or anything.

It reminds me of why I dislike to call myself a 'PvPer' because of these people.

I've learned to gloss over the twitch chat and only add my two cents in while pretending that I'm the only one there. It's like when your buddy offends you and pretend they're dead. Pvp players are all dead to me ;)
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope! Hence, the live chat was filled with this question and was ignored by ZO$.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never have chat open but as a PvP player that is pretty inmature.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

Nope! Hence, the live chat was filled with this question and was ignored by ZO$.

Ffs
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Agreed, but Zenimax are just as much to blame. They have nearly 200 pages of questions in a thread they started, specifically so those questions could be answered on ESO Live. I know it's true because it says so right there in the first post of that thread:

V4IM875.png

It's almost as if people treat Zenimax employees like adults by expecting them to live up to their word.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Yes voicing your opinion is one thing but constantly spamming the same thing even though they already said they were not going to talk about PvP is just immature and annoying. Same reason I never look at chat anymore.
    I agree with you am just saying I see why they did it a lot of PVPers are still going through the stages of grief and good number of us have already accepted that ts more then likely won't be fixed.Personal I keep all chats open I see it as good chuckle at people who asked useless questions and ZOS answer them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not fail to notice that the whole subject of Lag seems to be off the Talking Points sheet these days.

After all of the "peeling layers of the onion" analogies, I am wondering if they ran out of onion.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immature people making immature threads complaining about immature people making immature comments
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vox wrote: »
    Immature people making immature threads complaining about immature people making immature comments

So it's immature to ask if the chat is moderated, after witnessing the same exact people spamming the same words every 5-10 seconds throughout the whole live stream? ok.
    Edited by Molag_Crow on June 25, 2016 8:02PM
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vox wrote: »

So it's immature to ask if the chat is moderated, after witnessing the same exact people spamming the same words every 5-10 seconds throughout the whole live stream? ok.

No, it is not.
  • Eugenstash
    Eugenstash
    ✭✭

From what I've gathered AOE caps are something players are passionate about. However, ZOS refuses to budge on the issue. Hense, you have chat spam. Address the issue properly=chat spam gone. Problem solved. When a game company doesnt listen to its player base...well reap what you sow.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why because PvP'ers have been ignored about lag for over 2 years?
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Eugenstash
    Eugenstash
    ✭✭

I did not fail to notice that the whole subject of Lag seems to be off the Talking Points sheet these days.

After all of the "peeling layers of the onion" analogies, I am wondering if they ran out of onion.

How bout "fixing all the things" lol
    Edited by Eugenstash on June 25, 2016 8:42PM
  • Eugenstash
    Eugenstash
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Agreed, but Zenimax are just as much to blame. They have nearly 200 pages of questions in a thread they started, specifically so those questions could be answered on ESO Live. I know it's true because it says so right there in the first post of that thread:

V4IM875.png

It's almost as if people treat Zenimax employees like adults by expecting them to live up to their word.

No ETA on living up to their word...
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like those very people are some of the guys commenting on this topic :lol:
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just turn the chat off, because of such brainless underdeveloped creatures.

Edited by Anhedonie on June 25, 2016 8:50PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought Kai or whatever his name is usually did the moderating of the chat. But since he was on the actual show, maybe they had to fill in with people who are less.....experienced....with deleting comments from the chat
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly thought Kai or whatever his name is usually did the moderating of the chat. But since he was on the actual show, maybe they had to fill in with people who are less.....experienced....with deleting comments from the chat

Ahhh.. fair enough :p
    YoutTube ESO Playlist