The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Craglorn needs improvement

Morphine
Morphine
Since we get more and more content population in Craglorn is much lower so its really hard to find appropriate group for doing main story there. You need 3 or 4 players to finish some quests but you cannot play with anyone. You must find players who are on same quest in the line as you are and that can take for ages. Can we do something to remove such limitations so anyone can help anyone? Maybe bring more end game players to zone by scaling the resources there? Making 50/50 chances to get mats of zone level or your crafting level?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the old V14 mats, seeing as writs still require them, I like farming Craglorn for them. I can see your logic though. I'm not sure either way on that one.

Here are some of my ideas:

* Remove the group requirement for main story quests.
    * Increase Nirncrux drop rates or have alternative ways to acquire it. The Iron Orc Nirncrux mines could be used here.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 25, 2016 10:54AM
  • Morphine
    Morphine
    I dont have problem with group requirement, its a zone for groups and its fine. But what i dont like is need for people who are on same quest stage as you are. So players without quest or players who already finished that quest cannot help you. They should simply allow players to help another players without having a same quest.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there a few days ago in prime time (EP, NA server). Ran around getting all the locations for Pathfinder achievement... saw 3 people. The zone is pretty much dead :P
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on June 25, 2016 11:51AM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You DO NOT need to be at same quest step any more. Anybody can help with the switches and platforms. I have tested at least Kardala and Missing Guardian with both completely Crag noob and with one who has done it all.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind that. Keep it for Trials and Delves though.
    NA/PC server
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with removing the artificial locks based on group size. The content should be hard enough that you want to bring assistance with you without having a mechanic requiring you to do so. I look at the way the Wrothgar world bosses are designed. People bring groups to those bosses to finish them. They aren't required to and I'm sure there are skilled players that can solo them but it will always be easier to bring a group if you can. However, you are in no way forced to.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind that. Keep it for Trials and Delves though.

Yeah thats what I was getting at, maybe except the delves that are associated with the main story.
  • Espionage-
    Espionage-
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for two hours at the Shada's Tear way shrine, hoping people would turn up, but no. Luckily RNG was kind to me and I found two fortified nirncrux near where the quest starts.
    Besides the point, I have four more quests in Craglorn and it looks less and less likely they'll be completed .
    PS4 | DC |
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morphine wrote: »
    I dont have problem with group requirement, its a zone for groups and its fine. But what i dont like is need for people who are on same quest stage as you are. So players without quest or players who already finished that quest cannot help you. They should simply allow players to help another players without having a same quest.

wait, really? that is not good. they should do it like the Undaunted Pledges, that you can be at any stage of the quest with anyone in the group and everyone proceeds trough the quest on their own pledge, together with the group.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    craglorn definitelly should be group leader scalled and group-size scalled too in the same time.
  • Morphine
    Morphine
    So we all agree on that one. Hopefully Zenimax understands the issue
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    I just grabbed all my skyshards in Craglorn today. Saw ONE other person the entire time.

So many times I was thinking to myself, "this zone could and should still be viable." But with cp140 mats and drops that range all the way down to cp110 -- this makes Craglorn a waste of time. Only good for skyshards and us PvE completionists.

Craglorn is all the PvE content I have left. After it I'll farm vMA. I have reason to return to Orsinium, Gold Coast and Hew's Bane, but not Craglorn. Craglorn content needs to be scaled to match that of other DLC. ESPECIALLY since it's an entire zone based on grouping!

TL;DL:
    Trash loot. Weak mobs. No experience farming. Ghost-town zone. Cp140 mats. Only worthy for it's Skyshards.

Pity really. I think Craglorn could still be made viable. It just needs a little updating.
    Edited by xlWASP on June 28, 2016 3:41PM
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • Morphine
    Morphine
    Few of my guild mates told me that Zenimax will upscale the Craglorn to current level cap. Don't know when but i am really happy with such news
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    wait, really? that is not good. they should do it like the Undaunted Pledges, that you can be at any stage of the quest with anyone in the group and everyone proceeds trough the quest on their own pledge, together with the group.
    You can be on any stage of the quest, or not on the quest at all. It's not true that you need people on exactly the same quest stage as you are (this requirement was removed a month or two after Craglorn was released).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JHawk
    JHawk
    ✭✭
    Few of my guild mates told me that Zenimax will upscale the Craglorn to current level cap. Don't know when but i am really happy with such news

I wonder if this will be the case once One Tamriel hits and wider range of scaling is added across the board. Would be nice if this was a fix for scaling/group sizing for Craglorn as the ETA for One Tamriel isn't that far off.

Or is this something that wouldn't be effected by those changes for some reason?
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    We need Craglorn to be scaled like the DLC zones, and update the sets which drop from the delves/dungeons to VR160.

That could maybe breath some life into the zone, which is actually quite fun on its own premise.
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All anyone does is grind Nirncrux and Trials in Craglorn now (On the EP-NA-PC side anyways). I feel bad for whoever at ZOS designed the quests for Craglorn... must suck having gone through all that work and no one does them anymore :pensive:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 12, 2016 11:10AM
    NA/PC server