The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Help with Block cost reduction

bsupino
bsupino
I was leveling a Nord Templar Stamina tank prior to DB. Now I have to redistribute my CP and with this new patch Stamina recovery, cost reduction and block cost reduction are all in the same tree.
How do you recommend a new distribution? Maybe focus on block cost reduction due to repentance helping in recovery?
And where should i put the points in the red tree that used to be block reduction cost?
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put points in all of them. But you can check the passives on S&B, there are a few block reducing passives there. And in the skill line "Defensive Stance" when you have it slotted and maxed you can add 8% reduction to blocking as well.

I have the enchantment on my one handed to do magic damage and return stamina. It helps. Plus gear and whatever Mundus stone you are using can make a big difference. The CP are great, but sometimes you can over look other things.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bsupino wrote: »
    I was leveling a Nord Templar Stamina tank prior to DB. Now I have to redistribute my CP and with this new patch Stamina recovery, cost reduction and block cost reduction are all in the same tree.
    How do you recommend a new distribution? Maybe focus on block cost reduction due to repentance helping in recovery?
    And where should i put the points in the red tree that used to be block reduction cost?

I have a few things to share that may be of some benefit. I'm assuming you are at the CP cap, so if that's not true, you may have to adjust accordingly until you get to that point.

To answer your immediate question, I recommend allocating 40-50 points into Shadow Ward (reduced block cost).

As a tank, stamina recovery is highly situational, and in most cases forgone. The reasons for this is that you recover no stamina while blocking, and you want to be blocking the majority of what comes your way. As such, you reap higher benefits by investing your excess CP into reduced magicka and stamina costs, weighting more heavily whichever of the two you use most in your build. Feel free to balance between Magician, Warlord, and Shadow Ward as you see fit, but I advise putting the vast majority of points into these three. A few points in other stars here and there is okay.

As far as your Warrior points (red) go, the vast majority should go into Hardy, Elemental Defender, and Thick Skinned. I always recommend a handful of points into Quick Recovery, but no more than 10-20. Hardy should have roughly twice as many points as Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned, but again, there is some flexibility here given your preference.
    Edited by Autolycus on June 24, 2016 7:14PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to @Autolycus

Helped me out a ton. I have a few things different but like I said its all up to your play style. I have all of my points into Stamina because 8 out of 10 of my skills are stamina based, but he is correct on not gaining stam while you block. So the reduction in cost plays a huge factor.

I am a DK so I have quite a few passives in my skill lines that give Mag resistance and additional health and stam based on me being an Orc as well.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB