The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Few beginner questions

WatchfulPoet
WatchfulPoet
Soul Shriven
Hello all! Firstly, I can't seem to get enough of this game! It's very addicting and beautiful, love it. I'm playing on the ps4 on the EU server.

A few questions though that's been troubling me:

1) I have a mag Templar that's lvl 50, and 70 CP.

I have no interest in PvP,and am currently running around starter zones doing quests where mobs are showing up as CP 40. Is this what I should be doing to level my CP?

2) I've not done one single dungeon,and am worried if I've left it too late to try now as I would have no idea what I'm doing

3) Every guide I read tells me about sets I need to wear or should wear. Do I need to worry about that now, or later when I get higher CP points? If so when?

4) I don't have a clue how to make these sets. Can I buy them from other people's guild traders?

5) I'm levelling a mag sorc too and loving blowing things up! Is there any levelling gear I can buy anywhere to speed things up? Like in WoW you could buy gear with xp boosts.

Thanks for any help!
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have no interest in PvP,and am currently running around starter zones doing quests where mobs are showing up as CP 40. Is this what I should be doing to level my CP?

Unless you like mindlessly grinding mobs all day, going through the silver and gold zones is a great way to earn xp/cp. In silver, if you notice the enimies have much less CP than you do try moving on to the next zone sooner rather than later. In gold all enemies give max XP. Also, the daily random dungeon gives a ton of XP the first time you do it each day.
    2) I've not done one single dungeon,and am worried if I've left it too late to try now as I would have no idea what I'm doing

Never too late! Try to find a guild that does regular dungeon runs and learn from the more experienced players. Magicka templars are always in high demand for PvE.
    3) Every guide I read tells me about sets I need to wear or should wear. Do I need to worry about that now, or later when I get higher CP points? If so when?

If you're going to run dungeons, particularly vet dungeons, having good set gear matters a lot. For just normal overland leveling it is not nearly as important.
    4) I don't have a clue how to make these sets. Can I buy them from other people's guild traders?

Some sets are crafted, some are dropped in dungeons or PvP or whatnot. The dropped stuff you can buy from guild traders but it's best to have a friend or guildie make your crafted stuff for you so you can get exactly what you want. Joining a guild will help with this as well.
    5) I'm levelling a mag sorc too and loving blowing things up! Is there any levelling gear I can buy anywhere to speed things up? Like in WoW you could buy gear with xp boosts.

The training trait on your armor and or weapons increases the amount of XP you earn. Again a good crafter buddy will be of much help in this regard.

@wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Never too late! Try to find a guild that does regular dungeon runs and learn from the more experienced players. Magicka templars are always in high demand for PvE.

This or you can look into YouTube for some tips.
    Even, I was a PvPer and I didn't participate in any dungeons but I was able to perform well in my first play through in veteran dungeons because of Google/YouTube.
    But you must know how to play your class.
    Edited by Van_0S on June 24, 2016 6:11PM
  • WatchfulPoet
    WatchfulPoet
    Soul Shriven
    If you have a set made for you. Does it level with you? Or will you need a new set every x levels?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a set made for you. Does it level with you? Or will you need a new set every x levels?

Gear does not level with you. The maximum level of gear is cp160, so you're not too far off. A nice cp 70 set would take you most if not all of the way to cp160 when leveling. However if you plan to run dungeons the way that scaling works makes it so wearing underleveled gear is quite punishing the more you outlevel the gear. I try to go into dungeons with gear no more than 20cp lower than my current rank.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. As long as you are less than 50CPs over the mobs, you will earn full credit. Note, CP160 mobs give full credit even if your at CP501
    2. No, this is the best time to start doing dungeons as you have most of your skills unlocked. A guild is good way to find people to do dungeons with. If your on the PC/NA platform, send me an email in game to @Nestor and I will get you hooked up. We do a Monday Night Dungeon run that is perfect for beginners
    3. Good Gear can help, Crafted Gear is fine for most purposes.
    4. Again, a Guild can help you with getting gear made, I can help you if your on the PC/NA platform, send me an email
    5. There is a Trait that increases exp for Mob Kills, good to use while leveling. I have it on all my leveling gear (I keep the sets I make so I don't have to craft for each alt). Note, no matter what gear you use while leveling, make it a mix of all 3 armor types so you have all lines maxed. This way you can change gear as balance changes.
    Edited by Nestor on June 24, 2016 7:22PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"