I have been an ESO Plus member on Xbox One since launch and have spent most of my time on a Magicka Sorc. I have close to 600 CP and a few different full gold gear setups. I've competed most of the dungeons in the game on vet and finished almost all of the standard PVE content (I am mostly a PVP player).
Yet, despite all of this, I am unable to even get close to finishing Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
My personal best has been to make it to the final boss without dying, but never past him. Since ThievesGuild/ DarkBrotherhood, the best I can do is the Rink of Frozen Blood.
The problem stems from performance... The games performance. During a standard run I might experience but not its limited to:
- Massive delays when switching bars.
- Horrendous frame rates.
- mobs teleporting around.
- Skills having to be cast slowly or they wont execute (Can't really animation cancel in there).
- Game crashing (Like I'm in the middle of a 50 player Cyrodiil fight).
- Game logging me out to character screen for no apparent reason.
- Mobs losing animation and just standing there, but actually killing me.
- My character sliding around slowly, stopping all skills until I come to a rest.
- Game freezing for a second when an enemy dies.
Now I am to assume most of this is because I play on the USA server while living in Australia. I expect lag, but this is locking me out of the content and seems over the top. Especially for a supposed SOLO experience.
As you can imagine after dying a few dozen times and coming to the forums. I was all ready to go on a massive rant, but instead, I have decided to ask what other people who are also in this situation do.
Is there something I am missing? Any tricks to help with the lag? What are you all running? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Here are my Detailed Network Statistics (Obviously they vary, but you get the idea):
- Download Speed: 43.47Mbps.
- Upload speed: 13.88Mbps.
- Packet Loss: 0%.
- MTU: 1480.
- Latency: 224ms.
My ping is higher than your resource recovery...