The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Purchases should be global across all platforms

Niastissa
Niastissa
✭✭✭
I don't like that I have to buy the same content on each platform. If you can link Xbox live to my eso account it stands to reason this should be doable.

With the expansions coming pretty fast now I'd be more willing to buy more of them if I didn't have to buy them twice.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly this - I've spent a fortune on crown store items and it's pretty sad that I can't use them on the US servers when I moved from Europe to the US.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything bought from the crown store (including DLC) is server bound because your logged into that server (either NA or EU) from the moment you get to the character select screen, also created characters are server-bound because of this same reason.

crowns and ESO plus purchases are non-server specific is because they can only be bought or given (with ESO+) outwith the game either through the website or PSN/XBL marketplace.

Only your account profile is non-server specific because it's created outside the game or through a global account server, your characters however are server bound, because they are created after logging into the EU or US server.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Exactly this - I've spent a fortune on crown store items and it's pretty sad that I can't use them on the US servers when I moved from Europe to the US.

This is the first time I heard someone complain about this where I actually felt any sympathy. Too bad they couldn't move your account.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Anything bought from the crown store (including DLC) is server bound because your logged into that server (either NA or EU) from the moment you get to the character select screen, also created characters are server-bound because of this same reason.

crowns and ESO plus purchases are non-server specific is because they can only be bought or given (with ESO+) outwith the game either through the website or PSN/XBL marketplace.

Only your account profile is non-server specific because it's created outside the game or through a global account server, your characters however are server bound, because they are created after logging into the EU or US server.

We all know how it works. I'm saying ZOS needs to fix it. Its one thing to have different characters on the servers but content purchased needs to be account wide.
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with you and believe they should make most crown stores purchases account-bound, especially DLCs. I give my reasons in a topic I myself have recently created in regard to this matter.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/272876/why-im-reluctant-to-purchase-from-the-crown-store-friendly-feedback-constructive-criticism

Bit of a long post and hence a lack of response, but it needed to be said. I hope these topics/discussions popping up every now and then will cause ZOS to consider this as well as administer the change.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    I don't like that I have to buy the same content on each platform. If you can link Xbox live to my eso account it stands to reason this should be doable.

With the expansions coming pretty fast now I'd be more willing to buy more of them if I didn't have to buy them twice.

I would not apply this across platforms (PS4, XBox, PC/Mac) but if my Crowns can be spent in both NA and EU, then account level Crown stuff that I buy with them should also be in both.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭

I would not apply this across platforms (PS4, XBox, PC/Mac) but if my Crowns can be spent in both NA and EU, then account level Crown stuff that I buy with them should also be in both.

Why wouldn't you apply this cross platform?

The account is shared. Once you get past buying the client it is connected to the same account the PC/Mac is connected to.

Maybe it could allow console players who tried the game on the Xbox One/PS4 to move over to the PC/Mac version without having to buy everything all over again.

Actually quick question. Since the ESO+ is purchased outside of the game is that cross platform/server?
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the double post. ;)
    Edited by Neirymn on June 28, 2016 6:59PM
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭

The account is shared. Once you get past buying the client it is connected to the same account the PC/Mac is connected to.

Maybe it could allow console players who tried the game on the Xbox One/PS4 to move over to the PC/Mac version without having to buy everything all over again.

Actually quick question. Since the ESO+ is purchased outside of the game is that cross platform/server?

ESO + is not cross platform but it is on both EU and NA servers on the platform you purchased it for.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »

ESO + is not cross platform but it is on both EU and NA servers on the platform you purchased it for.

Bummer but sadly not unexpected so basically ESO is being run as separate games on the different platforms.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wonder if there are some financial reasons for not making it account bound... perhaps purchases made on different servers a percentage of the purchase prices goes to another entity? If EU servers are based in EU, then perhaps purchases made on that server a percentage stays in the EU server host country and doesn't go back to ZOS... and vice versa. Just a thought.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I also wonder if there are some financial reasons for not making it account bound... perhaps purchases made on different servers a percentage of the purchase prices goes to another entity? ... Just a thought.

This is likely the case for console, where the first party is the one selling. Microsoft does not want you buying Crowns from ZOS at Best Buy for your PC account and using them on XBOX.

ESO Plus and buying Crowns, on PC, spans servers, so the decision to have Crown Store sales specific to the server is deliberate. Whether technical, financial, or other, is unknown.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 29, 2016 12:07PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus