Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post game anchors? (spoilers)

CombatPrayer
CombatPrayer
✭✭✭✭
I just kicked this loser's butt and he's still dropping anchors in post game? Where is the logic? Or did I go to another timeline as well as another location? I thought the anchors were specific to his planemeld.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the worm cult is still trying to restart the Planemeld even if their boss is indisposed at the moment, like the ones trying to build a new dolmen in Wrothgar. You never actually repair the veil between Mundus and Oblivion so Bal can keep opening portals to Coldharbour, sending daedra through and generally be a class-A jerk, even if his hopes of conquering Nirn in one fell swoop have been dashed.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just kicked this loser's butt and he's still dropping anchors in post game? Where is the logic? Or did I go to another timeline as well as another location? I thought the anchors were specific to his planemeld.

well you have to understand that this is a MMO and while some players have already finished the main quest, some have not yet, so in fact you as your char destroying Molag Bal happened in your alternative time line, but as you return from his plane to ours, the anchor still keep falling. it is kind of a paradox, I agree, but I believe it could be done some other way, as it is multiplayer online game. not a single player game.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're not really in the same 'game' though. We are in a high level version of it that has everything scaled to the level we are. It seems to be a different map or else there would be all the younger levels roaming around.

So there is no need to be seeing these anchors since it's not really MP in post game. I've not seen more than about three at max (in the heavy merchant areas) in anywhere post game for these other faction quests. It is quite literally a SP game at this point. The world is desolate compared to pregame everywhere. Only now Molag is dropping his anchors and there is nobody around them. Or at least not to the areas I have been so far.