The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trace shows 47ms~, but 100ms ingame.

Nurmi
Nurmi
Last entry from trace
10 48 ms 49 ms 47 ms 195.122.154.1
Still ingame its showing 100ms?

So is there anything I can do about that? Mean as comparison I get 130ms games from US East Coast. This is far better though than it was in release or year ago when I also checked if anything has been done because back then there was strange +100ms jump in Germany and both my ISP and ESO support blamed each other. :dizzy:

Anyways I'm getting more them FPS now which is cool, basically 35-75fps in 1440p depending from the view distance which I left to 75% 42-43fps. It's nice change from that old 1440p30fps lock.
  • Nurmi
    Nurmi
    Could somebody say own numbers from trace and ingame so I know if its normal to have that extra 50ms?
    Edited by Nurmi on June 22, 2016 9:16AM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 100-120 on trace (150 in performance monitor on the eso.exe IPs) but 200 or more in game. A couple of patches ago it used to be 183 as a starting point when newly logged, but lately it starts from 200-230 and then goes up.

Edit* NA server from Stockholm, Sweden.
    Edited by Idinuse on June 22, 2016 1:18PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how to do a trace, but I do know I use to be 270-300 ms in-game from Australia.
    The last couple of days it's been consistently 384-401 ms. That's just too much to play the game sadly it seems; Harvesting often doesn't work, light/heavy attacks often don't work, blocking interrupting etc, it basically impossible.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Nurmi
    Nurmi
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to do a trace, but I do know I use to be 270-300 ms in-game from Australia.
    The last couple of days it's been consistently 384-401 ms. That's just too much to play the game sadly it seems; Harvesting often doesn't work, light/heavy attacks often don't work, blocking interrupting etc, it basically impossible.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/~/how-do-i-do-a-pathping-and-tracert-to-the-servers-to-test-my-connection?
    Idinuse wrote: »
    I have 100-120 on trace (150 in performance monitor on the eso.exe IPs) but 200 or more in game. A couple of patches ago it used to be 183 as a starting point when newly logged, but lately it starts from 200-230 and then goes up.

Edit* NA server from Stockholm, Sweden.

I see, well I'm just playing EU server from Finland but since your numbers behave similar way then it must be normal.

Edited by Nurmi on June 23, 2016 1:35AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurmi wrote: »
    Last entry from trace
    10 48 ms 49 ms 47 ms 195.122.154.1
    Still ingame its showing 100ms?

You can't compare the two ...

- One is an OS level trace which gives you the actual network latency
    - The other is a ESO client/server trace which gives you the network latency PLUS the server application latency

The latter will always be more.

50ms for server side processing may not be that bad *if* that includes actual server side calculations and isn't just an application ping. If it's just a simple application ping, 50ms would indicate that the ESO server app is somewhat unresponsive due to load on the CPU and/or IOPS.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 23, 2016 1:48AM