The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support reply for in-game problems

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder how my issue about specific in-game problem can be resolved with this automatic response, which suggests it may be resolved?
No real solution for the problem, but instead a lot of not related info.
The following automatic response came to my mailbox, ofc I replied but do I need to wait for next response or it ends on this email?
Subject
Customer Service Ticket
Response By (Carlee) (06/19/2016 04:53 PM)

Greetings!
Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing an issue with your character, I know it’s frustrating when you’re having trouble with something you’ve put so much time into creating.

If you are returning to the game after a hiatus or are a new player, I recommend checking out our new Player's Guide for a reminder on gameplay mechanics and systems. In addition, to help resolve most specific issues, I am sending you the most common resolutions and answers for character issues. Please take a minute to review this list:

•Any issues with being stuck in the world can usually be fixed by using the Unstuck tool which will send your character back to the closest safe point (typically the closest Wayshrine).
•If you’re having trouble with your Friends List, it could be due to privacy settings on your console. For more information about that and how to change it, I recommend reviewing our help article on it here.
•Please be aware that we do not offer character renames unless you have a special character in your name that is preventing other players from being able to interact with you.
•At this time it is not possible to change a characters appearance, race, alliance, etc. once they have been created. The Developers are looking into implementing this feature in a future update, however, so keep checking our website for the latest news!

If you are still experiencing an issue with your character of the above does not apply to you, please respond back to this email so we can investigate your issue further.

Kind Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

<here embedded was text of my original request from game>

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!

Question Reference # 160619-001766
Date Created: 06/19/2016 10:20 AM
Date Last Updated: 06/19/2016 04:53 PM
Edited by Gargath on June 22, 2016 5:04PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are still experiencing an issue with your character of the above does not apply to you, please respond back to this email so we can investigate your issue further.
    If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!

Following the above incentives, I replied to Support with such email:
    Your automatic response does not apply to my issue, it's not even related with what I wrote to Support.
    If possible, pls check the problem I described.

And in return I got this answer:
    Greetings,

We apologize that we have taken so long to get back to you in regards to your issue. Due to high ticket volumes, we will be unable to assist you further with this ticket. We understand this may be frustrating and we are disappointed that we are unable to deliver a Customer Service experience that is up to our desired standards. Below are some of the most common solutions for most in game issues.

For issues such as missing NPCs or quests not advancing correctly can be resolved by logging out for five minutes then logging back in. This will load you into a new game instance and refresh your surroundings. Please make sure you’ve attempted that first!

I recommend checking out our new Player's Guide for gameplay mechanics such as how certain items or character abilities work: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/60795/the-elder-scrolls-online-new-player-guide

There are also many wonderful unofficial community wikis which have a lot of helpful information about the game:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/

Please also be sure to visit our help portal where you can search for common issues and subscribe to individual articles for any updates about that information: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com.

Best Regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I marked the most interesting part with bold, since it's beyond my understanding why do you send those messages if you don't wish to even take a look at the in-game problem we send to you. This should not be the way how Customer Support works, since this is not Customer Support but some System of Automatic Answers.
    Am I disappointed? Of course. Thank you for nothing.
    Edited by Gargath on June 22, 2016 4:24PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are overwhelmed because there are people that will report what they think is a bug 150 times not realizing or accepting the fact that it isn't even a bug, just a strange game mechanic. They probably have had to sift through at least 100,000 animation cancelling "bug" reports since initial launch by people getting wrecked and thinking they got cheated.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, I understand there is overwhelming workload.
    But it's highly unprofessional to give customer a false feeling that his ticket can be solved and then, when he awaits for days and dare to persist, he gets reply that they cannot assist further with his ticket just because of heavy workload.

That means no human even tried to look into problem and help - they just ignored because that is probably the initial purpose of this Customer Service.

Automatic Response is the worst way - it creates a bad feeling that customer is meaningless and he can be simply ignored. While it may bring some less workload, usually it works against CS in longer time.

In normal sales company having such issues I would already call to some supervisor. Here however is only a system with no names and responsibilities thus no supervisor is available and Support stays safe from rage.
    Edited by Gargath on August 26, 2016 8:35PM