The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"lag" friendly PVE build

BLaaR
BLaaR
Soul Shriven
So I have been playing for roughly a week, and have very limited knowledge of the game and its mechanics , but learning as I go. Got to level ~33 following common sense. My built is very lacking, not only due to what I think is an great idea but also due to lag. (in game ping).

My ping is roughly ~280 - 350 and at times its annoying when you block / roll to late out of danger, or other times the healing skill just does not seem to kick in when you press the button.

Any recommendations of a build , only going to play PVE and maybe when I figured out, do some group dungeons, that I can try that is "lag" friendly ?

Thanks for any help.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Run a magicka based templar. It's like putting the game on super easy mode.

Put all but 5 or 10 points in health, the rest into magicka. 10 might be best if your struggling.

Run either a resto staff on one bar and dual wield on the other, or you can always just run 2 resto staves. Dual wielding will increase your spell damage a little, but you sacrifice some regen and max magicka. Up to you, I've run it both ways and like both.

Since you admit to struggling I would wear 5 light pieces and 2 heavy. The 2 heavy will add a little more survivability while the 5 light will still get you a good amount of benefits from the light armor passives.

For your damage bar(dual wield or resto staff) run
    Puncturing sweep : morph of puncturing strikes, you literally can just spam this til mobs die while remaining health.
    Either morph of focused charge : nice gap closer
    Blazing Spear : morph of spear shards, decent AoE and it stuns one enemy for a few seconds, if and when you run dungeons allies can use it to regain stamina.
    Dark flare : morph of solar flare, grants your empower (next attack does 20%) but also a pretty good damage dealer. Has a short cast time though.
    Radiant Oppression : morph of radiant destruction, aka the Jesus Beam. Awesome execute skill that destroy enemies when below 20% health.
    For the ultimate I would use solar prison, a morph of Nova.

For the other bar, healing bar if you would (obviously use a resto staff) run...
    Breath of life : morph of rushed ceremony. This is your holy *** heal. Use it in emergencies, it has a high cost.
    Repentance : morph of restoring aura. Free healing skills that uses dead bodies to heal, cast this, especially during mobs fights after you have killed a few for FREE health.
    Ritual of Retribution : cleanses you of two harmful affects, does a little bit of HoT and also does a tiny bit of AoE damage. Super useful.
    Then run 2 resto staff abilities. Probably healing springs and steadfast ward would work wonders for you.
    I would use the restoring light ultimate, you heal like crazy and basically are completely immune to damage while casting it.

That is more or less what I run, and seriously, it's like the game was put on easy mode. Run around and spam sweeps for daaays.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Also, what do you play on? (Xbox, pc, or ps4) and what server? I would be more then willing to help in game. (I'm on Xbox Na)
  • BLaaR
    BLaaR
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I am making notes for when I want to restart my char.

Oh, I am playing on PC on the EU server.

Which race should I choose ? and , is there a way to make the chat box dialogue text any bigger ?

Thanks

• Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea about pc chat texts sorry...
    And I choose Breton, for the increase in max magicka and a slight reduction in spell costs. Altmer would work too, they have increase magicka regen.