Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

gold coast boss drops

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
why is it so rare to get something from the bosses on gold coast? i only managed to get a few drops while playing alone late in the night, during the day it seems impossible to get something, not even one single gold coin. i've been doing the bosses when requested on the quests but they are always empty for me, but somehow i see other players at the end next to the bosses. how does it works? should i do the bosses without a quest? at the Kvatch arena it's the same thing, i fight a lot until the end but nothing drops. is this normal or some kind of bug?
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean nothing drops? Do you mean the motifs/set items didn't drop or do you mean you didn't get to loot the body?

If you're having problems getting loot with lots of players that means you're not doing any dps at all. You need to get some more DPS, that can be solved easily.

IF you mean the motifs don't drop, I think being grouped increases it's chances. I've gotten a ton of motifs from doing the wb.

Master Debater
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    What do you mean nothing drops? Do you mean the motifs/set items didn't drop or do you mean you didn't get to loot the body?

no, not only motifs, nothing at all drops. like i said, not even one gold coin.
    when i'm doing the daily quests at gold coast, right at the end, usually there are a lot of players next to the place where the boss should appear. they all attack very fast, and even when i try hard i never get anything. i tried to camp there a few times but it's boring and i still can't get anything, not even with my healer character. but late at night, i'm able to complete the quests and get a drop from the bosses if i'm lucky to do it alone or if i met only one or two other player.

the weird thing is that this was supposed to be fun to play with other people, and since gold coast was release i've been avoiding to find other players so i can get some loot. something is not right.

anyway, if nothing drops when a lot of players stand camping on the bosses, why there are always so many people camping there? it doesn't make any sense :)
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many Bosses have a damage counter on them. Only the 12 with most damage (or heals) get something. If you can't burst out insane DPS in most cases you get nothing. Then there is another counter. You can get loot from the same boss only after a short time, I guess it's 10 or maybe 5 minutes. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, within the tme frame you won't get anything (but a bit XP).

Edit: I think there is a 5% rule, that means you have to do at least 5% of total damage to get on the loot table. That's to prevent to have 10 level 3 players to grab loot without dealing actual damage. Not sure about this rule, though...
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on June 20, 2016 3:29PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    OHHHH so that's why everyone keeps standing around waiting for the boss...over and over again. I thought it was for XP, but I never saw a pop-up after the kill. Some players just stand there and don't even fight.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    You can only loot every 10 minutes or so like everyone else said. However, if you aren't getting any loot after 10 minutes try relogging. That tends to fix that.

Also, I don't know about the damage counter. I've looted plenty of bosses by only hitting them with a resto heavy attack, no way that's 5% of its health or within the top 12 dps.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many Bosses have a damage counter on them. Only the 12 with most damage (or heals) get something. If you can't burst out insane DPS in most cases you get nothing. Then there is another counter. You can get loot from the same boss only after a short time, I guess it's 10 or maybe 5 minutes. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, within the tme frame you won't get anything (but a bit XP).

Edit: I think there is a 5% rule, that means you have to do at least 5% of total damage to get on the loot table. That's to prevent to have 10 level 3 players to grab loot without dealing actual damage. Not sure about this rule, though...

it must be something else, because just finished the kvatch arena, i started with 1 other player, at the middle there was only 3 or 4 players and in the end we were only 6 players. i did a lot of damage, and played a long time as a werewolf, and in the end, as usual, there was no drop at all from the boss.

anyway, i found out that the tribune's folly is the easier one to get a drop. luckily there's always less people in this one and it always drop something. so, i think that the best option may be to avoid the other ones.
    Edited by NeKryXe on June 21, 2016 12:56PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    anyway, i found out that the tribune's folly is the easier one to get a drop. luckily there's always less people in this one and it always drop something. so, i think that the best option may be to avoid the other ones.

There were about 20 people farming the boss last night - at least on X1 NA.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to farm for motifs and have a good few toons, just put them all at the boss, kill and loot, log onto next one and the timer doesn't apply. Then by the time you're back to the first toon again the timers reset...saves hanging around.

Edited by greylox on June 21, 2016 1:08PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well well... i just found exulus wispmother completely alone and i got my first loot there :') ...looks like i just need to wait until there's nobody around, and it's really easy to kill this bosses alone.

the problem i had before with exulus was that i couldn't even hit her. usually i found this one so crowded that i couldn't even hit her one time before all the people kill her, right after i arrive at the place. at least now i know that this works if i play alone - but this doesn't seem nice for a multiplayer game.

maybe this could be fixed by preventing campers to get loot without a quest.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    well well... i just found exulus wispmother completely alone and i got my first loot there :') ...looks like i just need to wait until there's nobody around, and it's really easy to kill this bosses alone.

the problem i had before with exulus was that i couldn't even hit her. usually i found this one so crowded that i couldn't even hit her one time before all the people kill her, right after i arrive at the place. at least now i know that this works if i play alone - but this doesn't seem nice for a multiplayer game.

maybe this could be fixed by preventing campers to get loot without a quest.

And something to prevent chest looters too! Or is that not fair?

(I know it's not fair, but like OP we want special treatment)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds