Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What race for a dragon knight?

Cody603
Cody603
I'm growing tired of playing a nightblade and want to make a stamina dk, I don't have any experience with the class but I see a lot of people choose either imperial or redgaurd for their race.
Edited by Cody603 on June 19, 2016 8:22AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    redguard for sustain,khajit for crit
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of good choices.

Imperial's - For any Stam classes, highest potential DPS

Khajits- Increased crit

Orc and Redguard- High DPS with sustain

Wood Elf- Best sustain

Nord- Tankiest

Dark Elf- Best for respeccing between magic and stam; hybrid potential and bonus flame damage, though that mostly only applies to Flames of Oblivion and Burning Talons. 
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the skills and morphs are magicka based, so I would recommend a race with some magicka passives.

Also, I would recommend Dunmer. They have both magicka and magicka/stamina passives, plus they have passives to flame damage, which is really useful if you choose to use skills with such damage :wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DKs have pretty good sustain already, so I suggest to go Khajiit to max out DPS.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also recommend Nord as a great DK tank, even when all points go to magicka or stamina, Nord still keeps a marvelous health and health regen values. Redguard also is good DK, ofc for stamina :).
    Edited by Gargath on June 19, 2016 6:32PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be best in:
    PvP:orc
    PvE:orc
    If you dont want to be good: anything else than orc
    Edited by Ghettokid on June 19, 2016 6:55PM
  • NateS4
    NateS4
    ✭✭
    If you're talking strictly PVE, Redguard is probably the easiest to play due to their adrenaline rush passive. However if you're CP capped I'd suggest the Khajiit. You can counterbalance some of the sustain with CP and reach higher damage numbers with increased crit. DK trial/ 4 man rotation isn't very resource draining if you're efficient with your weaving, pots, and resource gain from ultimate. PvP wise I'd go Redguard or Imperial. Redguard for the sustain and imperial for the max stats. Imperial will have the easiest time running drinks in PvP due to their max health passive.
    Edited by NateS4 on June 19, 2016 7:09PM
    Nerf Nate
    Xbox NA
    Small Scale PvP
    Stamden (Grand Overlord)
    Mag DK (Palatine)
    Mag/Stamblade (Praetorian)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyTq3wqzJ5K200K2JSNlRA?view_as=subscriber
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slightly OT: I'm considering leveling a new magicka DK for PvP. (My orc is cool and all, but I'm gonna need all the help I can get.)

Dunmer or Altmer for magicka DK?