Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Writ suggestion for Cloth, BS & Woodworking (Player trading system)

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Today we go make X of this and that and run to whatever town that tier is in today and drop the stuff in some chest for a NPC.

Wouldn't it make more sense if instead of placing things in this manner, if we could grab real player requests for gear and weapons (within our tier of crafting)?

This would be a dynamic change to crafting, trading and the Guild Stores but when I heard Matt F announce One Tamriel, this idea came up cause I was doing a writ.

How it would work:
-The existing boards all over is where we would pick up these writs (no change)
-The rewards for fulfilling these would not change but we could have the benefit of player payment too
-Players who want things made would create a writ request with an NPC that creates a database costs would be pre-set and non-negotiable
-Completed writs would pass through in-game Mail systems

What can be requested:
-Armor
-Weapons
-Potions
-food
-glyphs
-mats

How long would a writ stay pending:
-48 hours only

Limitations:
-Writ requests cannot exceed specific set amount based on both cost and number so let's say 5 requests or 10 per week.
-Crafters can fulfill as many as they can produce but can only take one at a time which will expire and go back on the "board" after X amount of time
-Failure to complete a writ from another player creates a temp ban for 48 hours on first offense and goes up exponentially to a max of 25 days.
-Request writ require COD on the board up front

I know there are controls and concerns I'm missing but this would be completely optional so you could continue doing the normal writs or do these instead but it's one or the other until completed. To me this kinda opens up some folks requests for a global auction house but it doesn't remove the benefits of Guild Stores although I'm sure it would have an impact.

Thoughts?

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 7, 2016 5:17AM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a system like this someday, but I think having a database of fixed costs would be bad for the economy. Crafting materials are one of the major components of the ESO economy and any user-writ system should reflect the ebb and flow of material prices.

Maybe clients could post a writ and then receive bids from crafters through the mail. Replying to a bid with the requested amount of gold (doh guess we would need a reply button finally) would put the gold in escrow and notify the crafter that their bid was accepted. Crafter then crafts & drops off for the reward as normal and the completed items are mailed to the client.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I would like to see a system like this someday, but I think having a database of fixed costs would be bad for the economy. Crafting materials are one of the major components of the ESO economy and any user-writ system should reflect the ebb and flow of material prices.

Maybe clients could post a writ and then receive bids from crafters through the mail. Replying to a bid with the requested amount of gold (doh guess we would need a reply button finally) would put the gold in escrow and notify the crafter that their bid was accepted. Crafter then crafts & drops off for the reward as normal and the completed items are mailed to the client.

I was thinking about this exact part but then to me I threw it out because then it's the same as the person in general chat or voice chat Biding. maybe the prices could be a min/max range but then how does that work cause the person creating the writ is whose paying for the item. I think they should not have to play the market so to speak.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As results of a few threads giving feedback on the lacking writ system...what are your thoughts on this idea.
    It's a player trade + writ solution suggestion.