Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[PC-NA] Crafters with CP10-CP60 Characters still receiving IP Decon Penalties from higher CP Items?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
There should still be IP return Penalties for CP10-CP60 Characters using CP80-CP160 Items for decon but I only have CP338 characters now to check with.

If anyone on PC-NA does have these level characters and hasn't started BS-Cloth-WW leveling, preferably Level 1 Crafting Skill and 1/10 Material Passive, I will gladly send some items for decon as long as I can get the IP return data.

Message me in the forum if you would like to help, for SCIENCE!
Edited by SpAEkus on June 17, 2016 5:15PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few low level characters that are CP580+ and are leveling crafting. Not exactly sure of my Champ Points, but it's close to that figure.

I don't get the full Inspiration from deconning gear on them as I would on my true Champ Ranked characters. Its capped, as I can decon just about every piece of previously Vet Ranked gear and higher level Leveling gear and get the same Inspiration.
    Edited by Nestor on June 16, 2016 10:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Thanks that part I already confirmed. They (L1-49) can apply the CP but as far as the rest of the game is concerned they are still not L50 CP characters so all the crafting systems and penalties still apply.

It is the L50 CPxx character that I do not know if they will receive Penalties when decon higher CP items. Example an actual CP10 character decon a CP70 or higher Item.

For those CPxx characters that decide to level all their crafting after they complete L1-49 I can't check whether they will have penalties or not.

Not sure if there are many players that have only leveled a single CP character and only have the minimum CP10 or less than CP70 or so and haven't started leveling any crafting. (A VR1 character would have received 10 CP at DB DLC. If anyone levels a new L50 character after DB, are they actually CP1, if they didn't have any CP before?)

Edited by SpAEkus on June 16, 2016 11:42PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @Nestor
    If anyone levels a new L50 character after DB, are they actually CP1, if they didn't have any CP before?)

On a New Account? You get 10 CPs as soon as you hit L50, which becomes CP10. They probably did this as it would be a larger jump to CP20 if they started at CP1. Plus, it gives the peeps a chance to use that sweet sweet harvest passive that gives a chance to double what you get.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan

Do you have a character that can test the Inspiration? We need a character that has achieved Champ Ranks, but has less than 160 points, better to have less than 100, or even 50 points.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @UrQuan

Do you have a character that can test the Inspiration? We need a character that has achieved Champ Ranks, but has less than 160 points, better to have less than 100, or even 50 points.
    I'm afraid I don't. I'm at about 590ish on my main account, and about 170 on my second account. My 3rd account doesn't have any characters higher than level 25, so no CPs there and nobody who's close to being able to get them yet...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like their probably won't be any further penalties after L50 using CP150/160 if the Character Level ratio follows the same ratios as Craft Skill Level.

I just reran Craft Skill Level penalties and the gaps are very small, a lot smaller than I first thought based upon Character Level only.

DECON IP PENALTIES BY CRAFT SKILL LEVEL (Read: Skill Level for MAX IP per best use Item Level)
    DBPENALTY.jpg