The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing during character loading screen

Leviandro
Leviandro
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone!

So, I bought and installed the game a couple of days ago on my Asus laptop (G75V) .

My computer specs
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
Processor: Core i7, 3630QM, 2.4 GHz
System RAM: 8 GB, DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: GeForce GTX 670M, 3 GB, GDDR5

However, I haven't been able to start the game once the last 4 days, because the game keeps crashing when I want to start the game.

I've created a character, tried to load the character, but then the games crashes during "The wailing prison" loading screen with the following error text "The elder scrolls online has quit unexpectedly".

Please see attached file for a screenshot of the the crash.

I have read many forum posts similar to my problem and I've tried to solve the problem without any success.

This is what I've tried so far:

Firewall
-Added eso.exe + the launcher to the list of allowed programs
-Turned off the firewall

Compatibilty mode
-Run as administrator
-Run in Win XP (Service Pack 3)

Launcher
-Repair process
-Check for updates
-I've also tried to start the game with eso.exe from the installed folder

GPU
-According to ASUS, my GeForce GTX 670M (3 GB, GDDR5) is Direct X 11.0 compatible

Finally, I opened a ticket for the customer support on 06/12/2016 05:18 PM, but I'm still waiting for an answer =/

Please, any help/guidance will be appreciated, as I'm running out of patience and soon considering to uninstall the game without even having tried it once.

Thank you for our help!

This is what the crash reporter says:

====================================================================
eso has stopped working.
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.2.4.6.1317406
branch = live
char.account = Leviandro
char.alliance = 3
char.name = Apophisis
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = load
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-06-12T21:16:36.476Z
client.time_since_load = 8
client.timestamp = 2016-06-12T21:17:29.302Z -frme 3868-
client.uptime = 52.8
computer.name = 2MAS-PC
computer.user = 2mas
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 8
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
data.depotid = 4001
data.dir = F:/Installed games/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/depot/
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.1317406
exe.buildnum = 1317406
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = 10.18.13.6839
gfx.deviceid = 4627.555290691.161
gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
gfx.vendorid = 4318
globby.address = 159.100.232.160
globby.port = 24501
loc.wloc = 700 2662 50510 8520 273.87
loc.world = MQ 1 - Wailing Prison Tutorial
loc.worldid = 700
loc.zone = The Wailing Prison
login.address = 159.100.232.160
mem.system_physical = 3548
mem.total_current = 1782
mem.total_peak = 1782
mem.ws_current = 1714
mem.ws_peak = 1714
os.osbits = 32
os.platform = windows
os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
ptime = 0
realm.depotid = 0
realm.id = 4001
realm.name = EU Megaserver
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 2
version.patch = 4
version.subpatch = 6
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two Asus Programs that have been know to cause issues with games in the past. Zonar and GamerOSD. If you have those, try disabling them and see if the game works better. In fact, you may want to try a Clean Boot to rule out any other background apps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Try the ESO64.exe found in the same folder as the ESO.exe (most people use a shortcut directly to these and only use the Launcher on Patch days)

If you have any addons, disable those for now.

You may also want to open ports on your firewall as allowing the application may not allow the ports that are needed. Use the Triggering Function if you have a choice, Forwarding is a pain to set up properly.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Leviandro
    Leviandro
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for answering my question!
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are two Asus Programs that have been know to cause issues with games in the past. Zonar and GamerOSD. If you have those, try disabling them and see if the game works better. In fact, you may want to try a Clean Boot to rule out any other background apps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

When I bought the laptop, it came with win 8 and then i quickly changed to win 7. So I have no pre-installed ASUS-programs on my OS at the moment. I also double checked and I couldn't find those programs on my HDD.
    And, I always try to start the game on a fresh reboot, but that doesn't seem to help either.

Try the ESO64.exe found in the same folder as the ESO.exe (most people use a shortcut directly to these and only use the Launcher on Patch days)
    Running ESO64.exe doesn't work since i'm running win 7 32-bit version.

If you have any addons, disable those for now.
    I have a fresh and clean installation and since I haven't been able to run the game once, I have no addons installed.

You may also want to open ports on your firewall as allowing the application may not allow the ports that are needed. Use the Triggering Function if you have a choice, Forwarding is a pain to set up properly.
    This is the only thing I haven't tried yet in terms of the Triggering Function. I don't understand what that means and I have no idea to setup the ports that are needed etc. Would you mind explaining how I can allow/setup ports?

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Port Triggering, it is usually pretty simple to set up, but each router manufacturer does it a little differently. How I do this on router I have not used before is to google the router model and port triggering and it takes me to a page that shows me how.

Basically, you define the port range on the GUI, and then tell the router to trigger on those ports. I am not saying this is a perfect fix, as you could quickly bypass your router and go direct to the cable modem and see if its any better. Then you might have Windows Firewall getting in the way. Also, the game should run without these ports being triggered, usually it should, this is more for optimizing performance.

However, these were the simple things to check.

If the game is failing to launch right away, it could be something else. Your error report does show the graphics card, but, is the system really trying to use it or the CPU graphics. You can force the laptop to use the 3D card, like when it is plugged in in the Power Options, Advanced Options (sometimes just setting the Video to High Performance will do that, sometimes you have to be more specific), or use the Nvidia Control Panel and tell it to use the 3D card for the game. You may have to do both.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sprinkler92
    Sprinkler92
    Soul Shriven
    Can you share om.how you got past the crash?
  • kekstone
    kekstone
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem, mb somebody had crashes and solved it?
  • Granamere
    Granamere
    ✭✭✭
    Kekstone What are your computer specs? I can say from experience that if you do not meet the min specs you can make a char but it will not let you launch the game.

Have you tried launching using the eso64.exe? Are you running a 64 bit os?

Have you tried the clean boot to see if something there is crashing it out?
  • kekstone
    kekstone
    Soul Shriven
    Granamere wrote: »
    Kekstone What are your computer specs? I can say from experience that if you do not meet the min specs you can make a char but it will not let you launch the game.

Have you tried launching using the eso64.exe? Are you running a 64 bit os?

Have you tried the clean boot to see if something there is crashing it out?

I have one of the cheapest laptop with Intel Hd Graphics card. So I can play teso using this piece of s**t, yes I play with 10 fps on min settings, but I play with no crashes. But on my PC game crash every time. And I can say that my computer can afford to play this game and play without glitches at medium settings.