Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to steal wedding invitation?

kayotiick
kayotiick
I'm on the Thieves Guild quest Forever Hold Your Peace and I'm in the area and I see the guy with the marker above his head. I've pickpocketed him so many times, his pockets are now empty and it won't let me do it anymore. Am I missing something?

Best Answers

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same bug a couple of days ago when I tried to complete the quest.

The alternative way is explained the quest description. You go into a person's house and steal the invitation from her bedside. There should also be an indicator on your map for where the woman's house is located while you have the quest active. =D I wish I could provide names and details, but I no longer have the quest, since I was able to complete it after giving up on trying to steal the invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • CranCat
    CranCat
    Same bug here, I pickpocketed him empty, but no invitation. :/

go to Lady Balina's bed room and steal it from her nightstand
    Answer ✓
  • kayotiick
    kayotiick
    Okay I got the invitation another way. Luckily there was more than one way to steal one.
  • Shadowolfs
    Try to restart the game or reset the quest by abandon it.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like he no longer has the invitation... Before DB hit the characters I did that quest on got it first try. After DB none of mine could pickpocket the invitation from him at all, had to use the alternate way to get the invitation.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • CranCat
    CranCat
    Runs wrote: »
    Seems like he no longer has the invitation... Before DB hit the characters I did that quest on got it first try. After DB none of mine could pickpocket the invitation from him at all, had to use the alternate way to get the invitation.

hello it seems that a lot of people has this bug, exactly as me
    I've tried several times to pickpocket this guy with no luck

I raised a ticket to ESO support, useless move, they did not answer but with an automate reply, this annoying me especially because as premium I'd like to have a better service, however I did try several times to abandon and pickpocket so far, I'm still stuck!

could you please explain how did you get the invitation in "alternate way" ?
    thank you
  • CranCat
    CranCat
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I had the same bug a couple of days ago when I tried to complete the quest.

The alternative way is explained the quest description. You go into a person's house and steal the invitation from her bedside. There should also be an indicator on your map for where the woman's house is located while you have the quest active. =D I wish I could provide names and details, but I no longer have the quest, since I was able to complete it after giving up on trying to steal the invitation.

thanks a lot!!! i found it in Lady Balina's night stand !!!
    :-D
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same bug here, I pickpocketed him empty, but no invitation. :/
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)