Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Nightblade Tanks?

Feannag
Feannag
✭✭
Back to ESO after about a year. I see a number of Magika Nightblade tank builds, but no Stam. Are these workable?
Feannag
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use a Stamina NB and they all kick butt. While they do use ranged weapons,..bow,..the s kills that go with the build offer a lot more options for me to use.
    Unless you are talking about PvP, then I have no info.I dont do PvP.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    In current PvE content sap tanking is very strong. Its all about self heals and resource regen through siphoning strikes. No full stamina builds though. The trick is to find the perfect match between armor sets and point destribution. Try going 20 mag 44 stam for some hybrid action.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    Back to ESO after about a year. I see a number of Magika Nightblade tank builds, but no Stam. Are these workable?

I had a Nightblade Stamtank for a while, but he's slowly migrating over to Magicka.
    It just seems to make more sense.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade uses a modified version of a sap tank build. I've all points in stamina, and make up for the needed magicka and health via armor enchants and mundus.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a stam NB off tank. I just focused on ult regen instead of magicka with the Tava set, pots for NB passive, Bloodspawn and heroic slash it works for me. Similar to sap tank it is about resource recovery but you also need to burn mobs with steel tornado and soul tether with only the occasional sap rather than a reliance on sap like sap tanks. You also keep shuffle up 100% for Tava and have veil of Blades for damage mitigation with the higher ult regen.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the insight!
    Feannag
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Tank is fine with stam. It's a redguard. Literally block, stab, heroic slash (ulti regen) and makes them weaker, siphoning strikes and consuming darkness is all you need. I tanked vICP yesterday without a healer on it lol. Very easy to use and less fiddly that a DK imo.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    DRXHarbinger, do you buff your Magika via Adding to Armor?
    Feannag
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    DRXHarbinger, do you buff your Magika via Adding to Armor?

What do you mean? I'm all 64 point stamina in heavy using 5x Juggernaut (beastly OP) and 4x Luna Bastion, all reinforced and gold tempered and gold stam glyphs and use endurance set robust with 2x block reduction and 1x stam recovery.

Only magika abilities I have are blur and siphoning, neither require any kind of buff at all.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • HumanNinja
    HumanNinja
    Soul Shriven
    So since the updates and patches over the last month or so, have any of you changed your position regarding your NB tanks? Whether stamina or magicka is still the way to go?