The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gold Coast world bosses

Makkir
Makkir
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for some clarifcation as I could not find anything on google.
My wife plays on XB1 and DB just launched yesterday morning. She was VR3 and is now something like CP124. She has killed the world bosses about 20 times total and gotten zero drops. There are a ton of people camping out at these bosses right now. Is the loot RNG to 12 random players? Is it DPS/HPS based?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    My wife plays on XB1 and DB just launched yesterday morning. She was VR3 and is now something like CP124. She has killed the world bosses about 20 times total and gotten zero drops. There are a ton of people camping out at these bosses right now. Is the loot RNG to 12 random players? Is it DPS/HPS based?

I remember hearing something about the WBs in Orsinium only gave loot to a certain number of players at the top of the parse (like top 10 or something), which frustrated tanks and healers, or something like that. Also, I believe there is a wait time between kills for you to get any drops as well. I have killed the arena guy like 6 times on PC and have gotten 2 or 3 motifs.

You are also on xbox, which just dropped, so there is no telling what they screwed up. Keep an eye out for a maintenance patch in the next few days.

Edited by emily3989 on June 15, 2016 4:01PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Makkir wrote: »

I believe the WBs in Orsinium only gave loot to a certain number of players at the top of the parse (like top 10 or something), which frustrated tanks and healers. Also, I believe there is a wait time between kills for you to get any drops as well. I have killed the arena guy like 6 times on PC and have gotten 2 or 3 motifs.

On PC my sorc is CP501 and I get loot almost every kill. My DPS is probably near the top.
    This system is pretty stupid since the bosses aren't instanced either, a group of 24 cp501 could camp the boss and keep other players from getting loot.
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    In IC, you had to do at least 10% damage on the boss, that was a real race when 2 raids were jumping molag :D
    I think it s the same here, everytime I came to one of those WB, they were already mid life, so I bursted 10% very quick and always had loot (I actually did them only twice) what kind of set do they drop? the super awsome useless sithis? or is it possible to get (I know, I am dreaming ) viper sting?
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the next step would be to optimize her build for burst dmg then. She plays a stamblade with bow/2H so we might need to look into adjusting that.