Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Do You Survive Being A Stam DK In Cyrodil

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
hey guys I only have 1 character he is a stam DK and has 370 champion points with a set gear of eternal hunt or marksman shieldbreaker numerous of set gears I watch people surviving a lot longer and popping shuffle and vigor I had put 40 points into blessed and I was not getting no fast heals or anything Im a imperial dragonknight is that why like it's fustrating to have 21k health and dying so fast.
Edited by mmolegends44 on June 14, 2016 4:04AM

Best Answer

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    A lot of words there without much information:

Where are dying too fast - PVP (IC or Cyrodiil), PVE, Dungeons?
    What level are you and what role are you trying to play?
    Is your armour heavy, medium or light?
    What enchantments are you using on your gear?
    Do you have the right skill points allocated?
    Where are the rest of your CP allocated?
    Are you using defensive moves like block, dodge roll, etc., or are you just attack. attack attack?

Health is only a part of your set up and with what you have provided here, any information people give you might mot be right for the role you are trying to play.

I'm assuming he means in PVP, because he mentions shield breaker.
    Answer ✓
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of words there without much information:

Where are dying too fast - PVP (IC or Cyrodiil), PVE, Dungeons?
    What level are you and what role are you trying to play?
    Is your armour heavy, medium or light?
    What enchantments are you using on your gear?
    Do you have the right skill points allocated?
    Where are the rest of your CP allocated?
    Are you using defensive moves like block, dodge roll, etc., or are you just attack. attack attack?

Health is only a part of your set up and with what you have provided here, any information people give you might mot be right for the role you are trying to play.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil and Vet 16 armour is dps medium been medium for a long time people say they doing something with heavy armour so idk might try it maybe maybe not will try it out come wednesday skill points over 250 but i do not have all the passives like in ardent flame i think i just did not want to waste the skill point if i am not using nothing in that tree champion points that's why im asking whoever has a good champion build and everything about staying alive longer as a stamdk and i barely block but yeah dodge roll somewhat alot its all about what people know about DK's not assumptions
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    yeah PvP of course
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, a lot of DK survivability comes from resource management and Major Mending. You get stamina back on ability use from a passive, and 70% of your Ultimate cost on casting your Ult from another passive. If used correctly, this can be a reset to a losing battle, and quickly turn the tables on your opponant(s).

When healing, try hitting Igneous shield and then Vigor/Rally/ect. You'll be healing for 30% more, and it makes a world of difference.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I have heard this alot from numerous of people vigor heals are slow for DK for some odd reason I noticed alot more people have noticed rally does not work for me maybe because my health recovery is low has to be that igneous shield is ok I use it to get that stam regen back but not come wednesday they shortening the duration of igneous shield now so it's going to be complicated to find what to use to me.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I have heard this alot from numerous of people vigor heals are slow for DK for some odd reason I noticed alot more people have noticed rally does not work for me maybe because my health recovery is low has to be that igneous shield is ok I use it to get that stam regen back but not come wednesday they shortening the duration of igneous shield now so it's going to be complicated to find what to use to me.

You use the shield first because it gives you an additional 30% heal to heals you receive from yourself after you cast it. So shield then rally for added heal.

Have you checked to see what is killing you? I notice that the sets you mentioned only shield breaker has pieces with the Impen trait. You could be taking a lot of damage because you are not running enough crit resistance.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run as much impenetrable as you can, for starters. If possible, please add more info on the level of your gear, color, jewelry, jewlery enchants.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    It's like when I have shieldbreaker on my crit resisstance is at almost 1200 the gear and jewlery is all purple but I may need some good enchantments to put on neck and rings but I do not know what to put on them what is good for those champion point wise I put 30 into resistant but that could only do so much you know and do you spam rally and vigor or tap it 1 time
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    Is it good to go all impenetrable or all wellfitted all my gear is purple no gold and missing enchantments for neck rings cause I don't know what to use as a enchantment to put on those that helps you know.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't help as I don't do PVP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well fitted if you are planning to always roll dodge attacks (you will need to spec your CPs to support it) impenetrable if you are going to stand and fight.

If you are spamming Vigor you are fighting too many opponents or you are standing in siege fire. You shouldn't expect to be able to 1vx groups like you see people doing in streams. You need to learn your playstyle, build, counters and environment to be able to do that effectively. I would suggest joining a PvP guild and learning how to fight effectively in a group.

Enchants on jewellery are for topping up what needs topping up in your build. If you are running out of resources, your taking too much damage or you need more burst damage you make the enchant that works for you.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    @Curragraigue ok what do you suggest for enchants what are some good ones what about weapon damage how do you raise that I hear next update if you do maelstrom you are guarantee to get a weapon idk if it's true or not
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I go weapon damage for jewellery enchants on stam characters. If you are feeling squishy maybe health regen on your jewellery?

A build is the build in totality and it had to work for you. Experiment and see what works for you doing what you normally do. Then see where your weaknesses are and change enchants and CPs to boost your weak spots. As I said join a guild you can then see other builds and how they work compared to yours.

• mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    @Curragraigue dang ok thanks you are good you know your stuff eso is just big you know so much you got to know in the game.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Curragraigue ok what do you suggest for enchants what are some good ones what about weapon damage how do you raise that I hear next update if you do maelstrom you are guarantee to get a weapon idk if it's true or not

For Jewelry enchants I'd also recommend weapon damage. Otherwise stamina recovery. You could do 2 weap damage + 1 Stam recovery or something like that. It just depends how how much recovery you need.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like when I have shieldbreaker on my crit resisstance is at almost 1200 the gear and jewlery is all purple but I may need some good enchantments to put on neck and rings but I do not know what to put on them what is good for those champion point wise I put 30 into resistant but that could only do so much you know and do you spam rally and vigor or tap it 1 time

Don't spam Rally or Vigor. They are both Heal over time effects, while Rally has a burst heal mechanic. Try to keep Rally running at all times, but don't repeatedly cast it. When you reapply it, it heals for more based on how long it has been running. So if you let it run for 15 seconds (half it's duration) before you reapply it, it will heal for more than if you let it run for 5 seconds.

Cast Vigor once every like 5 seconds or so when under heavy pressure.

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use tri stat food and make sure to slot dragon fire scales to reflect projectiles and to gain draconic healing passives. Mundus should probably be serpent if you are running out of resources frequently.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are getting 1/2 shot then you need to get more crit resistance. The DK defense is offense, constant pressure and CC.

21k health will go byebye real fast with a stamblade/magblade/stamplar attacking you, you either need to increase mitigation or crit resistance.

I know its icky pve, but if you max your undaunted passives you get a base 6% increase to stats, which is super sweet, plus those monster helms.

Malubeth or engine guardian in my opinion is basically required for a stam dk in pvp too.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.