The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please don't allow too much nostalgia

Teridaxus
Teridaxus
✭✭✭✭✭
When i heared about eso the first time, i was so hyped to see all of tamriel instead of waiting another 5 decades until all areas got covered, but with kvatch/anvil, a possible vardenfall which probaly comes before murkmire and cloak work city ( housing was confirmed for this year and vardenfall got 3 houses ) and the rumours of a remastered skyrim which might lead to a focus of it in eso too, i'm worried that unexplored areas like summer set isles, hammerfell, elsweyr and black marsh will remain a mystery just to satisfy the nostalgia.
I have no problem with remaking the areas of the older games, but not by sacrificing the still to be visited areas of tamriel.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I fell victim to my own hopefulness but I have always taken that the "unspoken promise" of ESO was to reveal these previously mysterious areas to us over time.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit surprised we're seeing Vvardenfell this early, TBH. I certainly don't mind, but I would like to see Crystal-Like-Law, Thras, Pyandonea, and more of Elsweyr...I'm still disappointed we haven't gotten to see Falenesti or any Imga in spite of exploring all of Valenwood.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my own hopes, TES: VI will take us away from Tamriel.

Visiting one of the new continents (or just as good, visiting it through a massive expansion) in TES: VI, would be amazing.

Akavir is a humongeous landmass which is home to multiple races. Sign me up to explore that amazing place!
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i heared about eso the first time, i was so hyped to see all of tamriel instead of waiting another 5 decades until all areas got covered, but with kvatch/anvil, a possible vardenfall which probaly comes before murkmire and cloak work city ( housing was confirmed for this year and vardenfall got 3 houses ) and the rumours of a remastered skyrim which might lead to a focus of it in eso too, i'm worried that unexplored areas like summer set isles, hammerfell, elsweyr and black marsh will remain a mystery just to satisfy the nostalgia.
    I have no problem with remaking the areas of the older games, but not by sacrificing the still to be visited areas of tamriel.

Maybe they are saving the unexplored areas to save them for TES VI?
    I'm a bit surprised we're seeing Vvardenfell this early, TBH. I certainly don't mind, but I would like to see Crystal-Like-Law, Thras, Pyandonea, and more of Elsweyr...I'm still disappointed we haven't gotten to see Falenesti or any Imga in spite of exploring all of Valenwood.

While I agree with the Imgas (and the Centaurs), I prefer no Falinesti for an acceptable reason (temporarily captured by Mephala being arguably acceptable) rather than a rooted Falinesti while lore tells us it shouldn't have happened at the time. I hope we'll see a walking Falinesti when game engine will allow for it in its full glory, as well as the alien Altmer architecture on Alinor, with chitin towers and stuff.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with the Imgas (and the Centaurs), I prefer no Falinesti for an acceptable reason (temporarily captured by Mephala being arguably acceptable) rather than a rooted Falinesti while lore tells us it shouldn't have happened at the time.

@VerboseQuips : True, but I think it could be doable. How about this: make Falinesti a very large, unkillable and non-interactable NPC while walking in the overworld. To get there, you find a vine swing (or some kind of interactable station) and that plays an animation of your character swinging off, screen fades to black, and when you load back in you swing to a stop on a branch in the city map. Gaps in the branches are either shrouded by leaves or just play a loop of video showing some forest ground. If you fall off a branch, the game just drops you in a random clear spot in the appropriate map (or just at a Wayshrine; we already jump from the Imperial City to the edge of Cyrodiil when we leave). To simulate the walking inside the city, play some thump-thump-thump noises for the roots hitting the ground, and maybe have the map tilt in a random direction occasionally (in which case there should be railings or something in places players are likely to slide around).

Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game has plenty of new territory. The first (Craglorn) and last few DLC's (Wrothgar, Hew's Bane) were fresh. This thread is unfounded as there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Besides it is not nostalgia but a chance to see how the certain areas of the continent were before the modern games.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    The base game has plenty of new territory. The first (Craglorn) and last few DLC's (Wrothgar, Hew's Bane) were fresh. This thread is unfounded as there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Besides it is not nostalgia but a chance to see how the certain areas of the continent were before the modern games.

This is old content by now and im worried about the future one since anvil/kvatch is the current one and soon vardenfall.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp skyrim gets remastered, i just hope eso don't jump on the skyrim too.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So,..it's been confirmed? Vvardenfell is coming this year?
    I dont tend to watch the live programs,so I have to ask.I hadnt heard so far that it was coming.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I dont tend to watch the live programs,so I have to ask.I hadnt heard so far that it was coming.

@Volkodav : Not confirmed, just datamined. But it's unlikely they'd put in a lot of information for a new zone in that they weren't going to use sooner, rather than later. Otherwise they'd have to re-work everything once they DID use it.

Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Volkodav : Not confirmed, just datamined. But it's unlikely they'd put in a lot of information for a new zone in that they weren't going to use sooner, rather than later. Otherwise they'd have to re-work everything once they DID use it.

Yeah,I didnt think it was going oto happen.They said they werent going to add it some time ago.
    Oh well,..sigh.
    Edited by Volkodav on June 14, 2016 6:59PM
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you might be misinterpreting what they mean by "housing" and drawing an unwarranted parallel to Vvardenfell.

The "Houses" in Vvardenfell are essentially guilds.
    "Housing" for players is the ability for people to acquire individual residences.

However, the impending "Clockwork City" release would imply Vvardenfell since that was the primary home of the Dwemer. Though, Sotha Sil's Clockwork City is beneath Mournhold, so... dunno.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 14, 2016 6:38PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »

This is old content by now and im worried about the future one since anvil/kvatch is the current one and soon vardenfall.

Still seems unfounded and a silly thing to worry about, given the speed at which we are seeing new areas introduced now.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you might be misinterpreting what they mean by "housing" and drawing an unwarranted parallel to Vvardenfell.

"Housing" for players is the ability for people to acquire individual residences.

However, the impending "Clockwork City" release would imply Vvardenfell since that was the primary home of the Dwemer. Though, Sotha Sil's Clockwork City is beneath Mournhold, so... dunno.

There is actually one house you can have once you kill its owner for a quest.It is in Balmora.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so much for nostalgia as I am for just having all of what we already had in previous games and then expanding past it in eso kinda like to see eso become like a pre pre pre es arena
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is actually one house you can have once you kill its owner for a quest.It is in Balmora.

There's actually three houses you can have where you don't have to kill the owner.
    You get them by joining and advancing among the ranks of one of the three Great Houses.

But, that's not really my point.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's actually three houses you can have where you don't have to kill the owner.
    You get them by joining and advancing among the ranks of one of the three Great Houses.

But, that's not really my point.

I know about those too.I was just adding an example.I do understand your point though about housing.

I used to have housing mods in Morrowind,and wish we could have those in ESO.
    Also,there were a couple of places that you could decorate and live in,by using the tild key and typing in:
    coc "Redoran interior"
    or
    coc "Redoran interior2"

These were very nice interiors to make a home..
    Options