Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PS4 Adding More Materials

cbruens_ESO
cbruens_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hey All,

I'm a noob, sorry for the question. I've looked around in different threads to solve my issue, but didn't find anyone with the same problem I'm encountering.

On PS4 all I can craft is level 1 items. Example with wood working using Sanded Maple I can only make level one staffs. I see in the Material section it looks like I can use more than just three Sanded Maples, but on the PS4 I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that value to go up. I'm stuck making level 1 staffs. Can anyone tell me the button to increase the value of the material?

Thanks!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you put any skill points into your woodworking skills yet? The game won't let you craft at higher levels till you spend skill points in that craft
  • cbruens_ESO
    cbruens_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the reply!

I have 2 skill points in woodworking currently and my overall woodworking level is 10.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at work so can't look at the game, so not trying to be insulting but have you gotten the next level material and do you have enough to craft the item? Also when you are on the woodworking station and you go to creation then the first slot is materials are you toggling to the right to change the materials? If it's red you need mats or skill points to make that
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just looked at your op again the level is changed by material used not any button you push. Maple makes level one to five I think the more you use makes it higher. So when you are on the material slot there is a number right below it are you increasing it that will make the level higher that might be what you're missing
  • cbruens_ESO
    cbruens_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey hickman,

Thank you again for all of your replies. This was something simple that was driving me crazy. So I was using my analog to move up and down from type, material, and style. I could not for the life of me get the arrow next to the numerical value of the material (Sanded Maple) to highlight so I could increase higher than three. I used the D-pad instead and when I pressed down to highlight the material section I hit the down arrow again and it finally highlighted the arrow in order for me to increase that value. Ugh... so finally figured it out.

Thank you again for the replies. I appreciate your assistance!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome happy crafting