Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP question

dereck_phantom
Ok so if I start a new character and grind to 1-50 won't I gain an extra 160 cp? (I have 257 already) I remember zos saying that once a character gets to level 50 they should be at 160 cp or does it even work like that.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your character is below 50 you will not gain cp. However you can spend your well-earned cp points in that new character. Once a character gets to level 50, you begin earning cp points, and 160 cp point is max level for items. Cp level cap is 501.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so if I start a new character and grind to 1-50 won't I gain an extra 160 cp? (I have 257 already) I remember zos saying that once a character gets to level 50 they should be at 160 cp or does it even work like that.

No.

CP is an account wide thing. When you reach 50 for the first time on your account, you'll be given 10 CP. Otherwise, each subsequent character that hits 50 will simply become CR whatever.

Any character that earns CR applies it to your account. And as soon as any character reaches 50, they have instant parity with your highest level characters. So it cuts out all the grinding from 50 to VR16 that used to happen. If you've reached VR16... which, you have. The instant your character hits 50, you'll have full access to your CR160 gear. And, your character will immediately have the ability to loot CR160 items from chests in the DLC zones.

But you won't get extra CR for reaching 50, after the first time. So far as I'm aware. (I haven't pushed a character to 50 since the DB rolled out.)
  • dereck_phantom
    mertusta wrote: »
    If your character is below 50 you will not gain cp. However you can spend your well-earned cp points in that new character. Once a character gets to level 50, you begin earning cp points, and 160 cp point is max level for items. Cp level cap is 501.

I thought on the new update you start earning cp right away from the start to 1-50 with the dark brotherhood patch
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought on the new update you start earning cp right away from the start to 1-50 with the dark brotherhood patch
    No