Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Several Broken Quests in Bangkorai

Amphithoe
Amphithoe
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems that several quests have been broken in Bangkorai, while I've only completed about 2/5 of the map I have already encountered two quests which have progress stopping bugs. The first one is "The Waking Darkness" where you are asked to cleanse the shrines, upon entering a shrine i get the prompt to "cleanse" but it does nothing, I later found out that by activating the "Holy Water" in my inventory that i could complete the objective. The next one is "Present in Memory" where the objective is to Free Azei at-Owynok from the spider web, no prompt allowing me to do so appears. I've also seen several people complaining about bugged quests in the Zone Chat, I have myself submitted tickets for every broken quest I've encountered, this thread is mainly to inform other people about the issues whilst maybe providing a workaround.
Edited by Amphithoe on June 11, 2016 1:03PM
Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also experiencing the bug with Free Azei. :-(
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Seems the issues has been resolved in the last patch v2.4.7.
    Fixed a number of issues with interactablequest items not being interactable when prompted by the UI.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it the game not giving you a tooltip or prompt on how to do something a bug? Does everything have to be super easy mode? I experienced what you are talking about several times, what I did was actually read the quest text and that has solved my issue every time. I did every quest in that zone and do not remember having any issues.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    How it the game not giving you a tooltip or prompt on how to do something a bug? Does everything have to be super easy mode? I experienced what you are talking about several times, what I did was actually read the quest text and that has solved my issue every time. I did every quest in that zone and do not remember having any issues.
    @emily3989 That wasn't the issue. The problem was that the prompt was appearing, but the indicated button was not doing anything.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the OP says that the first prompt did not work because they failed to activate the water in their inventory, and the second instance says they did nor see a prompt at all. I can only work with the information given.

I can't remember any issues, if I have any issues like this, I usually take a moment to re-read the entire quest text, and then relog if I am not missing something. This solves my problems about 95% of the time.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also having trouble with the quest "Present in Memory." I located Azei at-Owynok trapped in spider webs in the Sunken Road in Bangkorai. Upon entering dialogue, he asks me to cut him down. The only response is "goodbye," and I see no means of cutting him down. Several other players were there and also appeared to be stumped. I tried hitting the spider webs with my weapon but that does nothing
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I just found this. It's a known bug and is expected to be addressed in an upcoming patch for Xbox and PS4.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34439/~/why-cant-i-free-azei-at-owynok-during-the-quest-present-in-memory?
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!