The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are there new potions using new ingredients?

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Title says it all, but to elaborate, I see that some of the new ingredients added with DB have positive effects, like Increase Armor on Mudcrab Chitin. Has anyone experimented to create new beneficial potions out of these new ingredients? For Instance, has anyone tried to make a potion of Sustained Restore Health?
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)

Best Answer

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Title says it all, but to elaborate, I see that some of the new ingredients added with DB have positive effects, like Increase Armor on Mudcrab Chitin. Has anyone experimented to create new beneficial potions out of these new ingredients? For Instance, has anyone tried to make a potion of Sustained Restore Health?

Butterfly Wings + Scrib Jelly + Torchbug Thorax = Essence of Lingering Health.
    I think there are other interesting combinations, like Mudcrab Chitin + Beetle Scuttle for Increase Armor and Protection, but I found lingering health to be most useful so far.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to combine some of the new and old ingredients, or all new ingredients, that share the same positive effects?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Have you tried to combine some of the new and old ingredients, or all new ingredients, that share the same positive effects?

Too obvious to do it myself :) . Really, I just didn't want to use my mats on this if there is already someone who tried it. I may have to be the guinea pig. :D
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ourorboros

Hee Hee. Well, just looky here, someone posted this thread today, with exactly what you are looking for:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262984/big-asslist-of-poisons-potions-using-two-alch-mats#latest
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Ourorboros

Hee Hee. Well, just looky here, someone posted this thread today, with exactly what you are looking for:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262984/big-asslist-of-poisons-potions-using-two-alch-mats#latest

Close, but no cigar! That post focuses on poisons, using poison solvents. I want to see what king of beneficial potions can be made using regular water solvents. I may try this tomorrow. If there is no response, I'll post what I learn.
    PC/NA/DC
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Butterfly Wings + Scrib Jelly + Torchbug Thorax = Essence of Lingering Health.
    I think there are other interesting combinations, like Mudcrab Chitin + Beetle Scuttle for Increase Armor and Protection, but I found lingering health to be most useful so far.

Thanks, so we do have some new beneficial pots, not just poisons. I assumed that was true, thanks for confirming.
    PC/NA/DC
    Options
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this.

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

Options