The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help needed in tweaking an abandoned addon (Bufftimers).

Zuuda
Zuuda
Hello there gentlefolk.

Bufftimers (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=1278&so=oldest&page=2#info) does everything I want in a buff/spell tracking addon since it ignores all other extras that other players throw on me while at the same time keeping a static order that allows me to see at a glance which buffs/spells I have allowed to run out (http://imgur.com/irbchaN).

Two things though.

One is that the icons get in the way when I open my inventory, or skill window, bank inventory, etc. I know there is a way to make an addon appear only when in combat such as Srendar (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTracker.html) does but not how to tweak the LUA for it.

The other thing is that it does not show the timers for certain spells, such as Shock Clench and Elemental Drain. I have tried poking the LUA files a bit but though in the past I've managed to tweak addons into showing skills their authors had not included in this particular case I found no easy to spot list I could tweak.

Bufftimers even has a debug mode where each used skill shows up in the chat with its ID, but Shock Clench was invisible to it.
Zuuda Sharptongue - Mage apprentice, Khajiitmasterace, still kinda omnommnivore.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    I have installed, it admittedly after update 12, but seems very hard to get them working. I managed to get two working, but for the life of me, despite replicating what i did for the first two (did them both at the same time) I cannot get any more to work (Elude and Volatile Armour).

Hopefully when it's updated it will work again.
    "Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    I've found this old thread and I'm upping it to see if somebody has found a solution. I'm getting a bit desperate to find an addon that can only show the debuffs I want on my target.

Bufftimers would be perfect and it works great on my buffs.

Does anybody know if it's possible to implement something similar to Bufftimers for target's debuffs?

Thank you!
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    ActionDurationReminder puts a timer on the icons on your skill bars, if that would help you. When you switch bars, it places the icons from your other bar above the icons of your current bar so you can still keep track of them. You can also have it display a text message on your screen when your skills are about to run out.

If you are talking about an add on that tracks EVERYONE'S debuffs on a particular mob, then this won't work for you.

Also, from what I hear, certain buff/debuff tracking add ons are currently having an issue with your timers being overwritten when someone else near you casts the same skill. I have not noticed this with ActionDurationReminder, although I have noticed some other wonky things with it. For instance, sometimes when I cast Crippling Grasp before the first one has worn off, the add on does not update the countdown timer. Instead, it acts as if that skill hasn't been recast and does not display the new timer. This also happens sometimes with Merciless Resolve. It can get confusing, and cause you to waste time recasting a skill that is already up.
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your hint! I was already suing the ADR addon :)

BTW, now this post is no more relevant just because Phinix released a new version of Srendarr with the very feature I was looking for :)

I strongly suggest everyone interested in tracking their auras and debuffs to check it out, it's on esoui.

Kudos to Phinix.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your hint! I was already suing the ADR addon :)

BTW, now this post is no more relevant just because Phinix released a new version of Srendarr with the very feature I was looking for :)

I strongly suggest everyone interested in tracking their auras and debuffs to check it out, it's on esoui.

Kudos to Phinix.

Can't recommend it enough. If fact, I recommend everyone to take a look at all of Phinix's addons. He does some really great work!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!