The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign alliance jumping

Hospitler
Hospitler
✭✭
Come on ESO stop allowing people to have multi guild player in the same campaign!!! This is total garbage . If you have a DC character in a campaign then you shouldn't be able to have an EP or AD etc.. All this game has become is a whole bunch of crappy players jumping from side to side to push their friends to emp cause they can't do it the correct way!
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Hospitler wrote: »
    Come on ESO stop allowing people to have multi guild player in the same campaign!!! This is total garbage . If you have a DC character in a campaign then you shouldn't be able to have an EP or AD etc.. All this game has become is a whole bunch of crappy players jumping from side to side to push their friends to emp cause they can't do it the correct way!

And what about the majority of us that just want to play properly as different alliances, have duels or just gank our friends for the sheers fun out it?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as soon as i get an alliance change from ZOS i will LOL
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    have duels or just gank our friends for the sheers fun out it?

Last weekend I wasted some of those players dueling, it was fun indeed :smiley:

However got hate mail, don't understand why people think they should be privileged from not getting killed while dueling.
    The only order I got from the queen was to kill every last red and blue, no exceptions, no mercy, submit or die.

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what about the majority of us that just want to play properly as different alliances, have duels or just gank our friends for the sheers fun out it?

That is not proper in the first place, as majority of the people abuse it.
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭

When you join a campaign as one alliance during that 7 or 30 days you shouldn't be able to change. It is a campaign. Now after it is over you should be able to switch. But once you start a campaign in with I e alliance you shouldn't be able to switch back and fourth. Hell we were defending a castle in skeleton key and then all the defenders decided to switch alliances so they could get the scroll for their other characters in that alliance. I mean if you have to switch alliances just to try and help your friends make emp and let them take scrolls then you must be pretty crappy at the game.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in a guild that had some members decide to create alts in the other alliances to steal scrolls. I left the guild because they were getting a bit crazy.

I have alts in every faction on different accounts. Some times I feel like helping the underdog and some times I feel like being part of the massive zerg. Nobody knows this in the guilds I'm in so I don't get asked to be a spy or traitor.

You used to not be able to join a different faction with the same account, but ZOS removed the restriction for other reasons. So now spies are part of the game.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzz..

I have 8 toons.... 4 AD, 2 DC, 2 EP. Make more campaigns please if you want to restrict each of them. They are all v16 in full gold gear.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way this will work is if they make more campaigns.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 op
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    They should make more campaigns and could even make campaigns where people can switch factions and others where they can't . Personally I prefer the restricted that way if you are DC you are DC or if you are EP you are EP. In the campaign I am in team orange EP,AD already fight DC side by side so we don't need our own idiotic DC members who can't build characters right switching sides in the middle of a battle so they can snag the points . I have seen a lot of gamers come and go because of this.
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

That is not proper in the first place, as majority of the people abuse it.

Sorry let me rephrase myself:

Just want to play properly

OR

duel other players

OR

gank their mates

So to take this one step at a time. I like having characters on different alliances, I just like the change. I don't prioritise what I do or who I kill based on the fact I have characters in other campaigns, I just go in and kill other players. I might join a Zerg, I might camp or solo take resources, but I don't take scrolls to return them to enemy bases or tell my buddies in other factions what they are doing.

Although PVP isn't intended for dueling, despite the fact there is enough desire for it, people have to be creative. The way I see it is if they don't attack you, don't attack back. It's really easy to just keep on walking, trust me. Go and do the thing you were going to do before you stumbled across them.

And as for ganking my mates, well they do that to me when I'm on my yellow, so I return the favour. Again, won't affect anyone else's enjoyment of the game so what's the problem. Heck if you see me ganking anyone help them out. It's even more banter if you gank your mates AND they got help!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the turncoats are multiplying since the removal of vet ranks too. It makes Cyro a pretty confusing place when you see names you've been fighting beside for a year suddenly show up as another color. I particularly have a worse issue with this since I'm like Rain Man when it comes to remembering names. It's normally a second or two delay like, "are you here for me, yea, okay let's get it." The other scenario is you end up just not engaging the ones you know, and then when they kill your alliance members you're the a-hole for not helping out.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    zzz..

I have 8 toons.... 4 AD, 2 DC, 2 EP. Make more campaigns please if you want to restrict each of them. They are all v16 in full gold gear.

Looks down at your signature.. sound like BS to me.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Although PVP isn't intended for dueling, despite the fact there is enough desire for it, people have to be creative. The way I see it is if they don't attack you, don't attack back. It's really easy to just keep on walking, trust me. Go and do the thing you were going to do before you stumbled across them.

My thing was to gank them, burn their forward camps and getting hate mail for it. :smiley:

Just another day in Cyrodiil, kill and get killed.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we can all be guaranteed to be a winner in every campaign. It's perfect. Nobody gets their pretty little feelings hurt.
  • amgame308_ESO
    amgame308_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't care for it but lots of people like it. I would at least restrict one faction per campaign for the duration of said campaign. If you want to move around fine, just get locked out for the week or month you're assigned.

Another solution, reputation systems for faction loyalty. Things like more skills lines per faction you are in. More siege damage, repair faster, faster travel for all the characters you have in one faction. A faction based progression system for PVP not global for all your characters.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your issue. But what about accounts with multiple characters in multiple alliances that are below level 50? And adding more campaigns only dilutes the experience, whether for above or below level 50 players.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play DC exclusively. I do not mind people jumping between campaigns, as long as

- there are still enough people in all 3 factions so the populations are not unbalanced
    - it is not done to abuse game mechanics (player from faction A delivers a scroll to faction B while all faction A can do is watch)

As long as there are enemy characters to kill, and friendly characters to help, it does not matter to me whether the physical person controlling the characters was controlling a different one yesterday or not.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan - I get why people want to play on all their characters but lately on EU Spell we've had enough to contend with with EP players using gap closer exploits to take keeps the second we go to bed (and yes we have submitted many videos of it) but we've also had people supposedly on our side take scrolls and run them back to the reds too.

I am all for people being able to play but when there are just so many cheats and out and out griefers in this game right now it is a shame ZOS go out of their way to make it easier for them - personally I would not allow anyone to play more than one alliance per campaign nor would I allow movement outside your chosen home and guest.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should place a restriction timer on changing factions.

If you log on a DC toon (for example), then you shouldn't be allowed to log off and back on with an EP toon for 12 hours (or 6 hours, or 24 hours). Keep the restriction solely for Cyrodiil and/or PvP'ing, if you want. If you're questing there or doing IC, then maybe allow that. But, you shouldn't be allowed to be involved in a campaign.

It would stop the trolling and spying, for sure, and would bring back the purity of belonging to a battle faction. It would bring a stronger sense of loyalty.

But... it's a twitter world and ZOS isn't going to change this.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    They need to restrict it. Make it where once you join a campaign with a DC,AD, or EP character you can't change or bring character from a different alliance into that campaign until it ends. That's not hard since most only last 7 days.
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    We are even seeing low level people standing on the lower castle wall so that their friends can jump to them. Or they will stand on the metal Grid on the outpost for the same reason . What's sad is that they suck so bad that they have to try and cheat to win. But ESO needs to stop this kind of stuff cause there are a lot of us that want to play the game and it basically makes PVP player not want to be there. I have seen a lot of people I know and use to run with cancel their ESO membership and switch to a different game because ESO won't do anything about cheaters.