Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Sacrament Quest Traders Cove bugged?

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Got quest, went into instance, was well out of range of any npc, instantly spotted for no reason, abandon quest and leave instance....re take quest...instance refuses to reset so can't continue?

Is this a bug?
Edited by Troneon on June 4, 2016 4:23PM
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any way to get around this? It's basically blocking progression...
    PC EU AD
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can reset sacraments like heists. Just have to continue on.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta relog apparently
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to wait for the instance to decay. I wait about 10-15 minutes.
    Edited by Asayre on June 4, 2016 6:58PM
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about the Trader Cove Sacrament quest to kill Monsashana with poison I completed it with no problems except I got a bounty for doing the objective and there were no witnesses and the target was in a secret room.
  • MaXxX
    MaXxX
    ✭✭✭
    I also completed the primary challenges in Traders Cove but because I got a bounty, it seems to count as though I was detected. In my opinion, if I kill someone with no witness, still getting a bounty is wrong and discouraging. No witness comment should mean clean kill, bounty free and challenge completed with full reward. Retried several times and finally just took the partial completion with a bounty at around 4k. If there is no way to get clean kills when there is no witness then there is a flaw with either design or implementation.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaXxX wrote: »
    I also completed the primary challenges in Traders Cove but because I got a bounty, it seems to count as though I was detected. In my opinion, if I kill someone with no witness, still getting a bounty is wrong and discouraging. No witness comment should mean clean kill, bounty free and challenge completed with full reward. Retried several times and finally just took the partial completion with a bounty at around 4k. If there is no way to get clean kills when there is no witness then there is a flaw with either design or implementation.

I agree seems the design or implementation is off and is very buggy, more luck than challenge...also it is very annoying to have to keep abandoning quest and wait for instance reset if it does at all every time it bugs out....I literally just gave up and stopped playing the DLC at that point....wasn't worth the annoyance. Very sick of the game getting worse in terms of bugs, performance and other issues everytime they make huge changes or drop a DLC....making me not want to play at all.

Edited by Troneon on June 5, 2016 12:07AM
    PC EU AD
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I completed the Trader's Cove with no problems and did all the challenges, I got spotted a couple of times but those were because I messed up and accidentally dodge rolled. Although the reward wasn't that different from only completing a few of the challenges, just a blue piece of gear, it could at least be purple, I've not tried failing a Sacrament since the first day though so I could be wrong about what you get if you fail challenges.
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • ChockaShocka
    When I want to reset a Sacrament, I abandon the quest, leave the Dark Brotherhood location, go complete any daily, return & start over.