Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help to make gold

Anil235
Anil235
✭✭
I'm a Champion 200 Stamina DPS DK that is currently in dire need of money. I already do daily writs and have maxed hirelings on blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking. I quest more than I grind and get some gold from that. However, I'm currently sitting at 30k gold and am helpless if I want to create a maxed out set of gear. If I want to make a full set of max armor for my tank DK, I would need 1050 max level mats. Those go for around 50 gold each. Then, I would need 7 kuta and 7 hakeijo for Prismatic Enchantments, and I may even want nirncrux for my trait. Point is, I have no gold and have no way to make enough. I am in 2 good trading guilds and I can get into more rapidly if need be. I don't want to grind raw max level mats because I need them. I don't want to sell golden tempers because I might use them. What am I to do?
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭
    If you've maxed out clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking and have points into them you should be fine. Go to Wrothgar and harvest every node there you'd likely make 70k gold in an hour if you're lucky getting those Kutas. Surely you'll get some Kuta and tons of raw mats to be refined which will also give you a chance to get gold mats by refining them while you also get the ancestor silk or rubedite ingots which sells around 10-12k/3k-5k a stack. You'll get around 2-3 stacks in an hour. Hope this helps.
  • Anil235
    Anil235
    ✭✭
    Zenetrax wrote: »
    If you've maxed out clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking and have points into them you should be fine. Go to Wrothgar and harvest every node there you'd likely make 70k gold in an hour if you're lucky getting those Kutas. Surely you'll get some Kuta and tons of raw mats to be refined which will also give you a chance to get gold mats by refining them while you also get the ancestor silk or rubedite ingots which sells around 10-12k/3k-5k a stack. You'll get around 2-3 stacks in an hour. Hope this helps.

I see. Also, another question: do hireling drops vary based on your level of the craft (x/50) or the highest mat you can use (x/10)?
  • Hellar
    Hellar
    Soul Shriven
    Anil235 wrote: »
    Zenetrax wrote: »

I see. Also, another question: do hireling drops vary based on your level of the craft (x/50) or the highest mat you can use (x/10)?

level of craft!
    Hellar | Altmer | Templar | Healer
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - 8 characters with provisioning at 50 and hirelings at 3/3 gives you enough provisioning mats to have a steady stream of gold.

- Go fishing and use the perfect roe to make Ambrosia and sell that at 10k gold for 4 bottles.

- Farm top tier mats and either sell them raw or refined.

- Farm chests and sell all the junk loot to vendors and the top level set pieces to players.

bye1.gif
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on? If it's Xbox, I'll gift you $50,000.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Sell green and blue tempers, they are easy to obtain and sell pretty quick. However, don't sell large quantities, sell them in stacks of like 5 or 10 at a time.

Also try selling some of the newer or more rare style mats, or farm for the newer motifs. Always some gold to be made there.

Mats can make you some decent "slow dough"

Farm upper craglurn (that's definitely spelt wrong) for nirncrux, it's sells well and you get a ton of unrefined mats that you can either sell or refine to acquire the tempers you need or some to sell.

Run the daily random dungeon, deconning everything you get will give you some tempers and mats to sell or use, plus you usually get a rare style mat, and the final boss drops willpower/endurance/agility gear and if the rng gods were worshipped properly it will have the proper trait.

I make about 100k a week just by doing that and not much else.

(Edited to fix a typo)
    Edited by Articulemort on June 4, 2016 2:14AM
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh I forget to mention that you should keep your 30 slot as full as possible. Especially during the weekend, when more people tend to play. I honestly use the weekdays to acquire what I will sell over the weekend.
  • Anil235
    Anil235
    ✭✭
    What platform are you on? If it's Xbox, I'll gift you $50,000.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm playing on PC unfortunately.