Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Opinion on Vicious Death?

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As a Vampire, I feel that it's responsible for about 90% of my deaths in Cyrodiil according to my death recaps, it will always be hitting me for 8-15k or-so ^^
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupidest and laziest idea brought upon this game.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Stupidest and laziest idea brought upon this game.

I wanted to say that too but then I figured that everyone would be like "OMG STOP COMPLAINING!" when it's true, it's... it's just so lazy.

Like, since when is a set of armor supposed to do the work for you? armor enhances your abilities/skills/resources, sure, but for armor to basically kill for you, is a bit meh.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And to be honest, I was going to buy it from a guild store but then I thought nah, feels dirty, I'll stick with Kag's hope for now. :lol: Uh....
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion?

There's a reason Vicious Death is called VD, because it's a venereal disease on this game. It's a lazy attempt to fix balance issues in this game. It's a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

Not to mention the set procs off siege... How dumb is that...
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a cool and fun set, but in my opinion the damage should be a lot lower or it should have been designed to damage only ONE nearby enemy.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 99.9% hype. I'm shocked it's still a topic of discussion. You don't have to spread out much to avoid VD.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VD bombing NB are dead!
    Some are there but its dead because proxy set was nerfed.

In my death log, I see a lot of posion DMG.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    I think it works fine. The only people it really affects are those who like to ball up in tight formations. If you are dying often from it, adjust your play style.
    Edited by The_Great_Maldini on June 4, 2016 1:05PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only place I seem to have a problem with it is in the IC Arena due to the close proximity.

Generally though, I think it's more of a parlor trick than anything. It's a tool that can be used by players who don't usually get a bunch of kills to have a feel good moment. Most really good players would rather have a more consistent DPS armor set.

All in all, it's a bit overhyped and not a big deal. Personally I like the added element it brings to the game, same as Proxidet. For the record, I don't use either, but if it helps some people have a few more fun moments than, hey, have at it.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 4, 2016 6:31AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was nerfed with prox det nerf
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    This was nerfed with prox det nerf

In DB yeah? @Xsorus :o
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its a neccasary counter to large group/zerging.. dont like it? dont stand close to others :D ther eis a cure for the pain train and it is PROX DET/Viscious Death
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its a neccasary counter to large group/zerging.. dont like it? dont stand close to others :D ther eis a cure for the pain train and it is PROX DET/Viscious Death

I don't stand with zergs though, I've been with 2-4 players lately and not even that close to them, I don't know the radius and the required players needed (in that radius) on Vicious Death's explosion, but it seems pretty cheesy.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's better to have it in the current game than not, but it wouldn't have a place in a more balanced game that doesn't favor large groups so blatantly.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's neat. It's proxy bomb that needed the nerd.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, my guildie had VD on last night and after setting up a well placed cold fire ballista we defeated almost 100 Daggerfall with about 10 people. In the right hands it's a massive game changer and, despite not using it myself, fully support its inclusion.

With that said, there are a few glitchy times where it seems to proc off of nothing and hopefully those will get cleared up.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% Real Sheogorath Cheese
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor design on its own, but a necessary evil.

As long as we have AoE caps protecting ball groups and zergs, we need VD to increase our fire power against them.

If you're dying to VD that often in Cyro, then you are without a doubt zerging too hard m8.

Or you're too squishy if your small group is getting killed by it. Wear impen, spec for higher health, put your CP in the right places, profit.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Mind it but I rarely die from it B)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the end it just promoted a more toxic style of gameplay: spread out and spam bombard. It's still an amazing set for keep fights because close quarters are simply a must. But it didn't combat ball groups or zergs. The guilds kept rolling and the zergs spread out and spammed bombard until bars turned grey :/
    Edited by Satiar on June 4, 2016 8:45PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭

You are wrong! Zergs use it like crack so it really doesn't matter. Nor does has it helped zergging. It's more zergy than ever lol
    PC/Xbox NA

PC Guild: Imperator Rebellium (IR)
    Nexus (NX)

Xbox Guild: Guildmaster of Pug Rebellium

EP Dark Elf Nightblade: Mr BM
    EP Imperial Nightblade: 'Ichigo Kurosaki
    EP Lizard lolz Templar: 'Minori
    EP Orc Dragonknight: Get Lept Upon
    EP Wood Elf Nightblade: 'Sode no Shirayuki
    EP High Elf Sorc: Bolts for Pugs
    EP Dark Elf Dragonknight: Whip of Dreams
    EP Imperial Sorc: i Saber i

AD Dark Elf Dragonknight: Mrs BM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're dying to VD that often in Cyro, then you are without a doubt zerging too hard m8. @KenaPKK

Depend's what patch your in (console players are still getting wrecked by terrible magicka det scaling). I was in a recent 1v2 and lost because of prox det. Not my fault really, i was playing stam and they both had healing ward spam.. however in my recap i got hit by 2 6k Prox Det's while i was alone. If this were DB, that would have been half (3k) and i probably would of won the engagement.

Overall to add to the thread, i think Vicious Death was necessary for killing ball groups but it created terrible pvp due to un-balanced magicka det scaling where you could cheese any 2-4 players in a 6 meter radius. This is much better now with the new scaling changes in DB. You literally need to hit more then 6 people to do any damage with prox det.

I never die to vicious death but i do die often because of magicka detonation. I can't wait for the DB dlc to come to console. It's crazy to think it will do 45% less damage to me while im alone with the new changes.

I am disappointed in the player's who abused magicka detonation and vicious death in it's current state before darkbrotherhood dlc to farm millions of ap and fly threw the rank's. It's just toxic gameplay. It was not used to bust zerg's, it was used to farm ap... very poorly thought out by Zos. There were many other alternatives, dynamic ult or aoe cap removal would have been better imo.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 5, 2016 1:41AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    In the end it just promoted a more toxic style of gameplay: spread out and spam bombard. It's still an amazing set for keep fights because close quarters are simply a must. But it didn't combat ball groups or zergs. The guilds kept rolling and the zergs spread out and spammed bombard until bars turned grey :/

I always see PC players talking about bombard spam in lag causing essentially an unbreakable silence but I have yet to experience this on console without at least dethrone level lag being present, and in dethrone level lag everything has the ability to be an unbreakable silence. We've had more issues with the special snowflakes that run 7\7 heavy and blockcast encase with malubeth then we've had with bombard spammers, but that may just be the result of us not seeing the level of bombard spam you guys do.

And on vicious death, its just stupid. I could never have even imagined the levels of AP that I've received with VD and its just disgusting. Literally almost 2 mil in a single day with plenty of breaks and objective play to crown emp in between farms. I can't see how this is preferable to reintroducing dynamic ult or adjusting AoE caps, players that don't have the knowledge and gear are getting farmed as hard as they've ever been and its not even that fun for those that are doing it.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is untrue; bombard spam has always been present and didn't rely on VD; and stacking still is always the most toxic gameplay in this game.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is untrue; bombard spam has always been present and didn't rely on VD; and stacking still is always the most toxic gameplay in this game.

Hard stacking hasn't been a thing outside of bombs for quite a while. In the end though, no matter if it's 4 people, 8 or 20, you will find yourself stacked to deliver max aoe damage. You may spread and than condense, or however, but you will do it. That's AoE MMO mechanics 101.

The spread and bombard has arguably made zergs much stronger. A stacked blob of people can be killed quite easily, even if they're good players. Removal of barriers saw to that. Early TG patch without barrier mitigation I'd get slaughtered trying to stack, which is fine, we adjusted. At the same time I was able to VD bomb groups of 30 with 4 people. Nowadays you rarely get stacked targets, but you do have 3-4 times your number spread out around you and spamming bombard until your skill bars are locked out.

Stacking as you know and hate it is dead. The Zerg is stronger for it.

• pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you been in an accident that wasn't your fault?........ It's was probably VD
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard stacking hasn't been a thing outside of bombs for quite a while. In the end though, no matter if it's 4 people, 8 or 20, you will find yourself stacked to deliver max aoe damage. You may spread and than condense, or however, but you will do it. That's AoE MMO mechanics 101.

The spread and bombard has arguably made zergs much stronger. A stacked blob of people can be killed quite easily, even if they're good players. Removal of barriers saw to that. Early TG patch without barrier mitigation I'd get slaughtered trying to stack, which is fine, we adjusted. At the same time I was able to VD bomb groups of 30 with 4 people. Nowadays you rarely get stacked targets, but you do have 3-4 times your number spread out around you and spamming bombard until your skill bars are locked out.

You will stack to pbae people down; but that's far different from stacking to avoid being aoed down because a passive mechanic. You also always ran the risk of being aoed down your when this happened which is a good thing. I also have no problem with groups spreading out to avoid aoe now. That's how it's suppose to work and they are stronger now in terms of how mechanics work now cause that again is how it's suppose to work. You didn't hit spread out zergs in other games and expected to live. You wanted for them to be stacked to bomb them all at once. Before things like VD and prox det change this wasn't a viable tactic unless you were also a zerg. Which lead to the terrible zerg mechanics in this game. The fact that you think it promoted more toxic game play by making zergs spread out more is rather silly. It didn't stop stacking; but it sure as hell punished it.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You will stack to pbae people down; but that's far different from stacking to avoid being aoed down because a passive mechanic. You also always ran the risk of being aoed down your when this happened which is a good thing. I also have no problem with groups spreading out to avoid aoe now. That's how it's suppose to work and they are stronger now in terms of how mechanics work now cause that again is how it's suppose to work. You didn't hit spread out zergs in other games and expected to live. You wanted for them to be stacked to bomb them all at once. Before things like VD and prox det change this wasn't a viable tactic unless you were also a zerg. Which lead to the terrible zerg mechanics in this game. The fact that you think it promoted more toxic game play by making zergs spread out more is rather silly. It didn't stop stacking; but it sure as hell punished it.

I guess it just seems silly to me. The good groups do what they always did. The actual zergs got harder to kill. Seems like a net "meh" to me.
    Edited by Satiar on June 5, 2016 7:38AM

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recently got the set, and it's not that simple to use unless people are REALLY tight together in their Zerg (as intended) I was surprises how small the explosion is when I got it.

My advice is, if you keep getting killed by it, spread out....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP