Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Malubeth Set in PvP

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay let's Nerf tanks some more.....
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malubeth is not OP. Major Mending is OP. Malubeth is only overwhelming on classes that stack Major Mending and other large healing bonuses with it.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Sigh... The FOTM whine game is in full effect for Malubeth set I see... You had people saying the set was pretty useless for months, and outclassed by things like Engine Guardian for tanks and other things of the sort... Now that DB has launched, and a few streamers and YouTubers are hyping it up and bigging it up nonstop it's broken and overpowered...? Really now?

I usually don't say this, as I really dislike saying it. But this is on the few times that it's warranted... Learn to play better.

If it's not this...it's that. The whine threads are never-ending.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I did a small test with a friend, and here is my hypothesis:

The heal you get from the Malubeth procc depends on the damage done. It got fixed in the DB update, as in Battle Spirit no longer reduces the damage by 50%, and the healing recieved by another 50%. Only the damage should be reduced by 50%, and the heal not a second time; this means simplified that healing = damage done + 30 % + all your other passives.

However, the numbers I saw hint at something else: the healing is calculated from the unmitigated (as in, no Battle Spirit) damage. For example: DoT tick 367, healing recieved 1089 (no major mending or anything). 367 without Battle Spriti would've been 734, healing done +10% (CP) -> 690, healing recieved +30% (Malubeth, +5,1% CP) = 1089 healing.

I'm not sure how crits play into this, I've seen both the damage and the healing crit. Looks like damage crit modifies healing, which can crit again.

For the seemingly high crit rate: Crushing Shock for example has 3x10% to procc Malubeth on each hit, Puncturing Sweeps 4x10% and so on, also DoTs can procc it.

In the words of the Dude, "new *** has come to light, man."

I think @r.jan_emailb16_ESO may be on to something. I haven't tested the set that extensively since PTS, but the damage to healing conversion may be miscalculating and double-dipping in crit bonus.

That may require a fix but my opinion still stands that this set is only over-strong when stacking with Major Mending.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like to add that I saw some of those 5k ticks as well, when scrolling through my CLS after some fights. But I have no idea if this is a display issue or not (like adding up heals from different sources), because I couldn't reproduce it in a test. It is also not happening consistently when I fight, but when it does it's only the large ones.
      Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
      playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    2. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      But... but...

Just walk 11meters and say gg to malubeth?

I dont think you get it.
      Even if you back away from the beam, the problem is the instaheal it does as soon as it procs. The only thing that happens if you back away is they lose their 30% more healing.....but they still get the BIG heal im sure is not intended
      PC NA
      Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
      MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

3. Armitas
      Armitas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Synozeer wrote: »
      @Synozeer ,

That is an interesting observation as on my Heavy Armor Magplar, I am unable to come anywhere close to the the heal values you have shared with us. I believe this warrants further investigation as to what other skill / ability / item set, may trigger such numbers. My Templar is a Nord so I would not be able to assist in confirming the Red Diamond passive together with Malubeth Scourge set.

Perhaps another kind soul may assist and if indeed this is happening, we should alert ZOS of the situation.

Out of curiosity, are you running 'Briarheart' set with Malubeth ? Or 'Alchemist' set perhaps ?

I'm not using Briarheart or Alchemist. Here's a few screenshots of my combat log:

2HCUDbQ.jpg

Note the heals from Scourge Harvest. This is with CLS (Combat Log Statistics). FTC also reports the same.

In both cases, I had Major Mending up. When its not up, my heals are in the hundreds of health and not the thousands.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom please send this to the combat team. The Malubeth set should not be healing for the amount you see in this combat log. (scourge harvest)
      Retired.
      Nord mDK
    4. Sallington
      Sallington
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Talyena wrote: »
      @Talyena Wrobel litterely said this game is balanced off 1v1 duels during eso live.

Probably why the game is going in the wrong direction. It was created around large scale PvP and it's being turned into Black Ops online.

WTB throwing axes
      Daggerfall Covenant
      Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
      Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
      Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
      Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||