The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game-breaking Orrery bug

TheTraveler
TheTraveler
✭✭✭
Hi, Not sure where to post potential quest bugs.

I am attempting to finish the quest "Eldenroot Orrery", but every time myself and the NPC's get snared by Prince Naemon as he enters the orrery, and you are supposed to break free with Rajhin's mantle, no, matter how many times I press the 'activate" button, either nothing happens, or I get the "item not ready" message. I have done this quest twice before, so I am rather confident that it's a bug, not something that I am doing wrong.

I have tried logging in and out multiple times and standing in various different locations; even disabled my pet; but nothing seems to work. I have even abandoned the quest and started it over, but still the same result.
PLEASE HELP urgently so that I can continue the main quest in Greenshade. Thank you.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 2, 2020 5:55PM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem as well and had to abandon the quest which was really confusing because I had no idea what the follow up quest was and happened to stumble into what I think it might have been.

The option I used was to abandon because it took over a day to get a response. Here is what their response was:

Response
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We are investigating reports that players are unable to use Rajhin's Mantle after being stunned during the Naemon encounter in the quest "The Orrery of Elden Root". Some players have reported being able to use the item from the quest items section of their inventory.

While we investigate this issue, here are a few basic quest troubleshooting steps:

• If on PC/Mac, type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box.
    • Leave the area and re-enter.
    • Try a soft reset by logging out of the game completely for at least 15 minutes.
    • Abandon and restart the quest.

To keep notified of any updates regarding this quest, please subscribe to this help article: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34371/.

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • bazantik
    bazantik
    Soul Shriven
    Some players have reported being able to use the item from the quest items section of their inventory.

Yes, using the Rahjin's Mantle from inventory (Quest section) solved this problem. Thank you all :smile:
  • jim_senior_ukb16_ESO
    jim_senior_ukb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem and did the above BUT Prince Naemon never appeared :( ...... I had to abandon a few times (go back and get the quest again) and he suddenly appeared - yay and I managed to kill hi,m but...Now the queen wont appear..... Did you guys get this or where you lucky enough to get through? :)
  • Olern
    Olern
    ✭✭✭
    Had this problem last night.. Using the item out of the inventory worked, but the Prince never appeared.. So frustrated since this is a main story line quest.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just made this work. Go into quest items and activate it from there as if you are putting it on. try the /reloadui to get it to work.

I had to /reloadai. I had abandoned it but it's a quick run through to get back there since you just meet the Prince's aide then go to the orrery. /reloadui command from chat when you are stuck might fix it. I had done that then activated the mantle from the quest inventory.
  • IamNoobee
    IamNoobee
    ✭✭
    bazantik wrote: »
    Some players have reported being able to use the item from the quest items section of their inventory.

Yes, using the Rahjin's Mantle from inventory (Quest section) solved this problem. Thank you all :smile:

Thank you so much! ive been stuck for a few minuntes now so decided to check online to see if anyone else had similar problems and this so worked. really appreciated it cause i would've never guess using the quest item from inventory!
    PC NA ~STD and Wet Noodles~
    ~AD Main Alts - Zerog/Pyle - Magicka NB , Noobee - Stamina DK

~DC Alts - Not So Bright - Stamina Sorcerer

~EP Alts - Noobee Jr - Magicka NB

The first reset of VMA-PCNA #6 Nightblade Zerog
    In need of a PVP Guild
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    I got through it by using the mantle from within my quest inventory. Thanks to those who shared this workaround. :)
  • lilwolfelf96
    lilwolfelf96
    Soul Shriven
    So I had no problems using rajhins mantel but prince naemon won't appear so I can fight him. He just disappears after he goes up the orrery and says his lines.